The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Moderator: Staff
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Rath was one of the good guys. In all the years I was a part of the game, Donavon was one of the people that was enjoyed and respected by all. I played with him and was his GM in many ages and thought very highly of him. He will be missed.
My thoughts go out to his family.
My thoughts go out to his family.
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
He was a good guy. Had the chance to meet him a few times and for that I am thankful.
He always would help out and would put others before himself.
He was what great guilds were made of, but more importantly he was a great person himself.
I think this weekend Ill go out and get drunk, grab a few random asses and dedicate them to Rath.
I think he would have liked that.
He always would help out and would put others before himself.
He was what great guilds were made of, but more importantly he was a great person himself.
I think this weekend Ill go out and get drunk, grab a few random asses and dedicate them to Rath.
I think he would have liked that.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
http://www.Flapship.com
http://www.Flapship.com
- Teanos
- Within the Shadows
- Posts: 406
- Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
- Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
- Contact:
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
I still don't know what to say.
http://www.monarchygame.com/photos/rath/
I uploaded everything I have for those who want to browse.
http://www.monarchygame.com/photos/rath/
I uploaded everything I have for those who want to browse.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Chad and I met Rath at the New Orleans Bash. He, ever the gentleman, stepped over me on his way to the john. I only met him once but it was enough to be forever engraved in my mind.
I will look through the bash pics and see what I can find.
My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
I will look through the bash pics and see what I can find.
My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
Who is more illogical, a man who believes in a God he cannot see or a man who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in? ~Brad Stine
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Here is a link to all the bash '02 pics I had.l There are a few of Rath.
Who is more illogical, a man who believes in a God he cannot see or a man who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in? ~Brad Stine
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Aria got ahold of me and said to let you know she is out of town right now and doesn't have her laptop. But when she gets home Thursday she will post pics of Donavon.
- DininDarkstar
- Lost Soul
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:57 pm
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
in the words of Pavek... "bah!"
another great person taken, and thanks to the people who have posted pics and such thus far great memories brought back (even if i didnt make it to that bash belle )
another great person taken, and thanks to the people who have posted pics and such thus far great memories brought back (even if i didnt make it to that bash belle )
Vae Victis
The Death Knights-Protectorates of the Leto Faith
The Death Knights-Protectorates of the Leto Faith
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Everytime I come and check things here to see who's around, it seems as if someone has left us again. I used to talk to Rath alot online and I had the pleasure or meeting him in person. He was a really great guy that I'm glad I had the chance to meet. I have pictures of him from Chicago and I think I even have some from the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit game.
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
I went and found pictures from Chicago. I may have more but haven't been able to go and look yet.
Donavon
Just click the thumbnail to get larger picture.
Donavon
Just click the thumbnail to get larger picture.
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
This is very sad to hear...RIP Rath
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
R.I.P
Was a great dude
Was a great dude
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
brilliant idea!I think this weekend Ill go out and get drunk, grab a few random asses and dedicate them to Rath.
Rath, main yer joys be as deep as th' brine, yoor troobles as lecht as its foam, ain main ye fin' sweit peace ay min', wherever ye main roam mate!
RIP (you'll be missed by all..)
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
I too have fond memories of Rath.
RIP old friend.
RIP old friend.
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Wow...
I am very sand to read of Donavon's passing. I met him twice at the bashes, he will always be my boy toy. His pimp hand will be greatly missed. If no one remembers his 4 hours of roleplay as a pimp in my fuzzy pink hat and boa, you missed some of his best work. He was in character the entire time and kept us all laughing so hard I think someone peed their pants.
Looking back at those old pictures makes me so sad. (also makes me wonder why my hat was such a slut, all over everyone, thankfully I still have it saved)
Rest in peace, Donavon. You were very loved.
I am very sand to read of Donavon's passing. I met him twice at the bashes, he will always be my boy toy. His pimp hand will be greatly missed. If no one remembers his 4 hours of roleplay as a pimp in my fuzzy pink hat and boa, you missed some of his best work. He was in character the entire time and kept us all laughing so hard I think someone peed their pants.
Looking back at those old pictures makes me so sad. (also makes me wonder why my hat was such a slut, all over everyone, thankfully I still have it saved)
Rest in peace, Donavon. You were very loved.
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
I usually don't post in these things, because I never know what to say..
However, for a while I considered Donovan a very good friend. I've been to his house, met his parents, enjoyed his company and his ever brilliant humor.
My thoughts and love go to those who are grieving.
I found myself watching the videos of us from the 06 Virginia bash that Aria had posted. Many memories are created so that in moments like now we can smile and hold that person dear for eternity.
Oh and I'm sure he would love to know that whenever I listen to the Gwen Stefani album he gave me, I smile and think of him. "They sent me two... So you can have this one"
However, for a while I considered Donovan a very good friend. I've been to his house, met his parents, enjoyed his company and his ever brilliant humor.
My thoughts and love go to those who are grieving.
I found myself watching the videos of us from the 06 Virginia bash that Aria had posted. Many memories are created so that in moments like now we can smile and hold that person dear for eternity.
Oh and I'm sure he would love to know that whenever I listen to the Gwen Stefani album he gave me, I smile and think of him. "They sent me two... So you can have this one"
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
sorrow
the sky is boiling,
and there is something wrong with Jane
and there is something wrong with Jane
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Sweet Sleep Rath. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
My Heart... My Soul... lies within the Dragonhand
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
This is truly saddening news.
RIP Rath.
Condolences to everyone grieving this tragic loss from Kitkat & Ashy.
Thank you Elfie for telling me.
RIP Rath.
Condolences to everyone grieving this tragic loss from Kitkat & Ashy.
Thank you Elfie for telling me.
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
i remember him
sad news indeed
RIP
sad news indeed
RIP
420
What ever one does in his own house.....
You can do it at my house too!!!!!
People Of a Righteous Nation 'PORN'
What ever one does in his own house.....
You can do it at my house too!!!!!
People Of a Righteous Nation 'PORN'
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
The news was just now passed on to me, and I'm really sad about it...
I never spoke to him in the games, and very rarely interacted with him in the forums, but he attended every bash I went to and I loved his company. He was a great guy and hysterical to be around. He will definitely be missed.
I never spoke to him in the games, and very rarely interacted with him in the forums, but he attended every bash I went to and I loved his company. He was a great guy and hysterical to be around. He will definitely be missed.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests