The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

In memory fallen warriors: Bo Ri Kat, Sartorious, Lady Urydie, Loupy, DarkWolf, Torkano/Voice Dax, Rathowen/Donovan, Lady Fury, Tekmet, Misty Moonlight

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
Whit
Whit
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Whit » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Rath was one of the good guys. In all the years I was a part of the game, Donavon was one of the people that was enjoyed and respected by all. I played with him and was his GM in many ages and thought very highly of him. He will be missed.

My thoughts go out to his family.

User avatar
Maverick
Explorer
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:28 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Maverick » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:23 pm

He was a good guy. Had the chance to meet him a few times and for that I am thankful.

He always would help out and would put others before himself.

He was what great guilds were made of, but more importantly he was a great person himself.

I think this weekend Ill go out and get drunk, grab a few random asses and dedicate them to Rath.

I think he would have liked that.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

http://www.Flapship.com

User avatar
Teanos
Within the Shadows
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
Contact:

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Teanos » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:03 am

I still don't know what to say.

http://www.monarchygame.com/photos/rath/

I uploaded everything I have for those who want to browse.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.

User avatar
Belle
Newbling
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:18 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Belle » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:37 am

Chad and I met Rath at the New Orleans Bash. He, ever the gentleman, stepped over me on his way to the john. I only met him once but it was enough to be forever engraved in my mind.

I will look through the bash pics and see what I can find.

My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
Who is more illogical, a man who believes in a God he cannot see or a man who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in? ~Brad Stine

User avatar
Belle
Newbling
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:18 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Belle » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:48 am

Here is a link to all the bash '02 pics I had.l There are a few of Rath.
Who is more illogical, a man who believes in a God he cannot see or a man who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in? ~Brad Stine

Elfie
Rest in Peace
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:14 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Elfie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:43 am

Aria got ahold of me and said to let you know she is out of town right now and doesn't have her laptop. But when she gets home Thursday she will post pics of Donavon.

User avatar
DininDarkstar
Lost Soul
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by DininDarkstar » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:23 am

in the words of Pavek... "bah!"

another great person taken, and thanks to the people who have posted pics and such thus far great memories brought back (even if i didnt make it to that bash belle )
Vae Victis
The Death Knights-Protectorates of the Leto Faith

Lil
Newbling
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:48 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Lil » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:59 am

Everytime I come and check things here to see who's around, it seems as if someone has left us again. I used to talk to Rath alot online and I had the pleasure or meeting him in person. He was a really great guy that I'm glad I had the chance to meet. I have pictures of him from Chicago and I think I even have some from the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit game.

Lil
Newbling
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:48 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Lil » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:01 am

I went and found pictures from Chicago. I may have more but haven't been able to go and look yet.

Donavon

Just click the thumbnail to get larger picture.

Mr Ed
Lost Soul
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Mr Ed » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:12 am

This is very sad to hear...RIP Rath

User avatar
Stryfe
Lost Soul
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:31 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Stryfe » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:43 am

R.I.P :(

Was a great dude

Immigrant
Explorer
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Immigrant » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:36 am

I think this weekend Ill go out and get drunk, grab a few random asses and dedicate them to Rath.
brilliant idea!

Rath, main yer joys be as deep as th' brine, yoor troobles as lecht as its foam, ain main ye fin' sweit peace ay min', wherever ye main roam mate!

RIP (you'll be missed by all..)

User avatar
Odominus
Newbling
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Odominus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:18 pm

I too have fond memories of Rath.

RIP old friend.

User avatar
Alhana
Newbling
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:30 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Alhana » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:02 am

Wow...

I am very sand to read of Donavon's passing. I met him twice at the bashes, he will always be my boy toy. His pimp hand will be greatly missed. If no one remembers his 4 hours of roleplay as a pimp in my fuzzy pink hat and boa, you missed some of his best work. He was in character the entire time and kept us all laughing so hard I think someone peed their pants.

Looking back at those old pictures makes me so sad. (also makes me wonder why my hat was such a slut, all over everyone, thankfully I still have it saved)

Rest in peace, Donavon. You were very loved.

User avatar
Lare
Lost Soul
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:12 am
Location: Lancaster, PA
Contact:

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Lare » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:04 pm

I usually don't post in these things, because I never know what to say..

However, for a while I considered Donovan a very good friend. I've been to his house, met his parents, enjoyed his company and his ever brilliant humor.

My thoughts and love go to those who are grieving.

I found myself watching the videos of us from the 06 Virginia bash that Aria had posted. Many memories are created so that in moments like now we can smile and hold that person dear for eternity.

Oh and I'm sure he would love to know that whenever I listen to the Gwen Stefani album he gave me, I smile and think of him. "They sent me two... So you can have this one"

User avatar
Absinthe
Newbling
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:35 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Absinthe » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:59 pm

sorrow
the sky is boiling,
and there is something wrong with Jane

User avatar
Oriana
Lost Soul
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:46 pm
Location: Somewhere I Belong

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Oriana » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Sweet Sleep Rath. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
My Heart... My Soul... lies within the Dragonhand

User avatar
Katharsis
Newbling
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Katharsis » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:48 am

This is truly saddening news.

RIP Rath.

Condolences to everyone grieving this tragic loss from Kitkat & Ashy.

Thank you Elfie for telling me.

User avatar
Mana Pueo
Lost Soul
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:04 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Mana Pueo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:31 am

i remember him

sad news indeed

RIP
420
What ever one does in his own house.....
You can do it at my house too!!!!!

People Of a Righteous Nation 'PORN'

Ostro
Newbling
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:21 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Ostro » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:28 am

The news was just now passed on to me, and I'm really sad about it...

I never spoke to him in the games, and very rarely interacted with him in the forums, but he attended every bash I went to and I loved his company. He was a great guy and hysterical to be around. He will definitely be missed.

Post Reply

Return to “In Memoriam”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest