Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
Moderator: Staff
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
I don't know what this website is or what happened to tempers ball or why i needed to register again, but sylvas linked me to this so here i am.
V said it right the first time: fuck. i have a lot of shared memories during the long years we knew each other. However sad we are at his passing, I rest assured he is in a happier, healthier place right now...
On another note, someone needs to get ahold of Adara, either call or ICQ her...I don't have her number anymore or I would. But she was extremely close to Torkano and I'm sure she's devastated. Would be nice to check up on her.
Miss you all...wishing everyone a blessed 2010 (year of the dimes, oh!)
V said it right the first time: fuck. i have a lot of shared memories during the long years we knew each other. However sad we are at his passing, I rest assured he is in a happier, healthier place right now...
On another note, someone needs to get ahold of Adara, either call or ICQ her...I don't have her number anymore or I would. But she was extremely close to Torkano and I'm sure she's devastated. Would be nice to check up on her.
Miss you all...wishing everyone a blessed 2010 (year of the dimes, oh!)
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
Well I got this sent to me via Facebook.
I remember Torkano, it is sad to hear about his passing.
I hope that he is in a better place now as he deserves it for the kind of the person he was when he played these games.
I remember Torkano, it is sad to hear about his passing.
I hope that he is in a better place now as he deserves it for the kind of the person he was when he played these games.
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
truly sad 
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
I'm not sure what's happened in this world for the past few years, I've been under the radar to put it mildly. I am greatful however, to have been linked to this thread this morning.
I also feel that I knew Tork on a more personal level, and ahve very fond memories of my time spent chatting with him, and his tightest nit friends among TNE. I miss those days, and will miss Torkano dearly.
I can try to get a hold of Adara, I haven't spoken to her in a bit of a while but I may be able to still contact her. I have an old number for her but I don't know that it still works. I will try though.
RIP Torkykins.
Leif
I also feel that I knew Tork on a more personal level, and ahve very fond memories of my time spent chatting with him, and his tightest nit friends among TNE. I miss those days, and will miss Torkano dearly.
I can try to get a hold of Adara, I haven't spoken to her in a bit of a while but I may be able to still contact her. I have an old number for her but I don't know that it still works. I will try though.
RIP Torkykins.
Leif
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
wow. that woke me up, such a shock. As much as this is terribly sad news, it sounded like he was suffering a lot...so tis probably for the best. You'll be missed 
his msn still randomly sends me spam/virus type messages but i guess that someone else has yoinked his account
his msn still randomly sends me spam/virus type messages but i guess that someone else has yoinked his account
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
Peace Tork
I'll miss being pissed at you for hitting me and miss all the funny bs you helped me start, and everything in between.
I'll miss being pissed at you for hitting me and miss all the funny bs you helped me start, and everything in between.
"Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elghinn dal lil alust"
- Teanos
- Within the Shadows
- Posts: 406
- Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
- Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
- Contact:
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
I sent the last ICQ account that I have for Virch a message, never use that thing anymore. Not sure if he uses it or not either. If anyone knows how to get ahold of Dr. Stones, or Elfie they may have a better way of getting ahold of Virch.
This whole thing kind of makes me wish we all would of kept in better touch with each other.
This whole thing kind of makes me wish we all would of kept in better touch with each other.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
i, too, was informed via facebook, and am shocked and saddened by this news.
prayers of peace.
prayers of peace.
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
R.I.P Tork, I only just found out today, and from this topic. May you rest well with the other heroes of this online community.
My condolences to his family. I wish I had more to say, but I will say this at least. He had a great sense of humor and often had me laughing, that will be missed.
My condolences to his family. I wish I had more to say, but I will say this at least. He had a great sense of humor and often had me laughing, that will be missed.
Education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
TDoD~SAO~TEW~SW~DIE, here is to the memory of bygone days.
TDoD~SAO~TEW~SW~DIE, here is to the memory of bygone days.
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
WOW.
I was shocked when Steven told me. Although I did not know him all 12 years. In the pass 3 years, I've gotten the honor to play alongside with him before the site moved. I too did not know about his sickness, though I questioned him when he couldn't make it to CHATS! now I feel like a duche.
Reading through their facebooks makes me tear up, though I've never met him in person, it brings back memories of how much of a great person he was and how he was always the light when times were dark.
I was shocked when Steven told me. Although I did not know him all 12 years. In the pass 3 years, I've gotten the honor to play alongside with him before the site moved. I too did not know about his sickness, though I questioned him when he couldn't make it to CHATS! now I feel like a duche.
Reading through their facebooks makes me tear up, though I've never met him in person, it brings back memories of how much of a great person he was and how he was always the light when times were dark.
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
I stumbled upon this news via Thyarr and heard it again from Leif. It's very sad news.
My memories of back then are so hazy now that I can't remember if this is what happened or not and the posts containing it were lost long ago, but I want to remember him saying something about a kidney transplant sometime when I mentioned mine. I know someone did (and the comments about him having a big heart would seem to make sense with this), and all I could feel was reassurance that I wasn't alone with it, even in the smaller community of the game.
Even if I'm completely wrong about that, I was familiar with him posting on the boards. I wish I could've known him better.
My memories of back then are so hazy now that I can't remember if this is what happened or not and the posts containing it were lost long ago, but I want to remember him saying something about a kidney transplant sometime when I mentioned mine. I know someone did (and the comments about him having a big heart would seem to make sense with this), and all I could feel was reassurance that I wasn't alone with it, even in the smaller community of the game.
Even if I'm completely wrong about that, I was familiar with him posting on the boards. I wish I could've known him better.
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
I'm having a very hard time with this.
I understand the situation and the kind of person he was, and realize I couldn't have made him tell me anything, but I could have done so much besides being "Person number 207 that I talk to online." My best friend has CF. I know the things he had to do the moment he woke up every day. I know the things that happen in the middle of the night that kept him from ever having a full night's sleep. I know the things he had to do before he could eat. I know the things he had to do before he could go to sleep.
I don't know what kind of personal support he had either online or in real life. To face what he had to face and remain the person he was took an amazing amount of personal strength and courage.
This has been all I've been thinking about for the past two days and it has hit me in a spot very close to my heart. Every single time I've talked to my friend since, I get a very strange feeling and I can't have a decent conversation with him. I'm going to have to message him tonight so he doesn't think I hate him for some reason.
And here I am, again, swelling up over a guy who I didn't even know half as well as most people here knew him. I know there is nothing else I could have done, but I really wish there was. Just one CF conversation with him...
He gave me plenty of laughs and I only hope that I did the same for him.
I understand the situation and the kind of person he was, and realize I couldn't have made him tell me anything, but I could have done so much besides being "Person number 207 that I talk to online." My best friend has CF. I know the things he had to do the moment he woke up every day. I know the things that happen in the middle of the night that kept him from ever having a full night's sleep. I know the things he had to do before he could eat. I know the things he had to do before he could go to sleep.
I don't know what kind of personal support he had either online or in real life. To face what he had to face and remain the person he was took an amazing amount of personal strength and courage.
This has been all I've been thinking about for the past two days and it has hit me in a spot very close to my heart. Every single time I've talked to my friend since, I get a very strange feeling and I can't have a decent conversation with him. I'm going to have to message him tonight so he doesn't think I hate him for some reason.
And here I am, again, swelling up over a guy who I didn't even know half as well as most people here knew him. I know there is nothing else I could have done, but I really wish there was. Just one CF conversation with him...
He gave me plenty of laughs and I only hope that I did the same for him.
- Teanos
- Within the Shadows
- Posts: 406
- Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
- Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
- Contact:
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
I sent a message to his wife letting her know that everyone here wishes her and Tork's family well and to let us know if there is anything we can do. She expressed thanks and that she wanted to find a way to tell us sooner but she was not able to get into any of his accounts, she did say that she knows Tork spent alot of time here and that he loved this place very much, it helped him get through some of the days and times when he was struggling.
HDog - I feel where you are coming from, I remember when Sart passed and finding out he was sick right before then. Didn't really know what to say then either. I'm amazed Tork was able to hide it so well, in all the conversations I had with him I never once would of expected it. He became a staff member because he volunteered, to me that is one of the ultimate commitments to the community. That combined with what his wife, Lisa, expressed makes me realize that if nothing else, We as a collective community, have been able to provide not only him but his family and his support some form of comfort over the years while he dealt with his illness.
It always seems like its with great sadness that I remember why its worth it.
HDog - I feel where you are coming from, I remember when Sart passed and finding out he was sick right before then. Didn't really know what to say then either. I'm amazed Tork was able to hide it so well, in all the conversations I had with him I never once would of expected it. He became a staff member because he volunteered, to me that is one of the ultimate commitments to the community. That combined with what his wife, Lisa, expressed makes me realize that if nothing else, We as a collective community, have been able to provide not only him but his family and his support some form of comfort over the years while he dealt with his illness.
It always seems like its with great sadness that I remember why its worth it.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.
- Teanos
- Within the Shadows
- Posts: 406
- Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
- Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
- Contact:
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
http://www.titusvilleherald.com/article ... tory01.prt
Russell H. ‘Russ' Linkerhof, 31
Russell H. “Russ” Linkerhof, 31, of 18620 state Highway 89, Spartansburg, died at 8:35 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 5, at UPMC-Presbyterian in Pittsburgh, following an extended illness.
Mr. Linkerhof was born Dec. 2, 1977, in Titusville, a son of Stephen A. McDaniel and Patricia Decker McDaniel. He graduated from Titusville High School in 1996.
Russ was formerly employed by Stream International of Dallas, Texas, and National City Call Center, of Franklin.
He attended First United Methodist Church of Titusville. Russ enjoyed working on computers, his dogs “Lady Bear” and “Hootch,” and spending time with his family and friends.
Survivors include his wife, Lisa Terwilliger Linkerhof, of Spartansburg, whom he married June 11, 2005, in Titusville; a son Damian L. Wagner at home; his parents, of Derry; his mother-in-law and father-in-law, Mary Terwilliger and Charles R. Terwilliger Sr., of Titusville; a sister, Isalene E. “Lisa” Allen, of Wierton, W.V.; a brother, Christian B. McDaniel, of Derry; a half-sister, Maria Zuzzio, of Warren; a half-brother, Marshall Metzgar and his wife, Valerie, of Pleasantville; a sister-in-law, Laura Terwilliger, of Titusville; a brother-in-law, Charles R. Terwilliger Jr., of State College; four nieces; a nephew; and several aunts and uncles.
He was preceded in death by a brother, Gerard G. Linkerhof, and his maternal grandparents, Howard and Lenora Decker.
Relatives and friends will be received Sunday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Leo N. Hennes Funeral Home Inc., 203 E. Main St., Titusville. Visitation will continue Monday at First United Methodist Church of Titusville from 10 to 11 a.m. at which time the funeral service will be conducted by the Rev. William Blair, pastor. Interment will be in Woodlawn Cemetery.
The family suggests that memorial contributions can be made to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation or to CORE of Pittsburgh.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
i cant even make a decent post about him cause i seem to be having alot of trouble with this.
ill get to it. eventually.
god! it was just a few days ago when i made a post to hdog in a thread saying we should have a fervent/fa chat again and listen to his stories, i remember thinking id have to grab tork and get him to come to the chat because otherwise it wouldn't be nearly as funny in there if he couldnt come...
Damnit
ill get to it. eventually.
god! it was just a few days ago when i made a post to hdog in a thread saying we should have a fervent/fa chat again and listen to his stories, i remember thinking id have to grab tork and get him to come to the chat because otherwise it wouldn't be nearly as funny in there if he couldnt come...
Damnit
Wow do i need a new signature or what. suggestions??
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

It was my pleasure to have met Torkano, though I never talked to him in person. We would chat all the time and it was nice having the digital life on here and I suppose that is why many of us didn't know he was ill.
We was my friend. I wish I could of said goodbye.
type here
A FoC
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
Like just about everyone else here I have no idea what to say. Sweet Sleep Tork you will never be forgotten.
My Heart... My Soul... lies within the Dragonhand
- Soupedupman™
- Lost Soul
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:39 pm
- Location: Fortress of Boreditude
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
I only got to enjoy his posts on the boards, I never had the chance to chat with him, that I recall.
Rest in Peace, Tork. You will be sorely missed even by those that barely knew you.
Rest in Peace, Tork. You will be sorely missed even by those that barely knew you.
Look, up in the sky! It's a pigeon! It's a UFO!
Nah, it's a moron in pajamas.
Wait, that's Rak!
Same thing...
Nah, it's a moron in pajamas.
Wait, that's Rak!
Same thing...
Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P
Here is something I have been looking at today, a search of Torkano's posts found at Evernight.com's board.
Here is a quick link for others who may want to look as well.
http://www.evernight.com/boards/canon/ ... or=Torkano
I contacted Torkano's wife using the facebook link that ElathanM posted earlier in the tread. I said that I was sad and that he was my friend and wish I could of said goodbye and that he had told me how much that he had loved her.
Here is his wife's response:
"Thank you very much. He spoke of you often. It is nice to put a face to the name. I only wish I would've been able to notify all of his online friends sooner. I know how much that game and all of you meant to him. It was his "escape". So thank you for being a friend to him. I know it meant a lot to him, and your condolences mean a lot to me, so again, thank you!"
I'm going to send his wife the search link above. Torkano lived with much pain that we did not know about and was full of joy. I am feeling pain and know others are too, but I will try and be like Torkano and live with joy. Through our actions others spirit can live on.
Much love to my friends here.
Here is a quick link for others who may want to look as well.
http://www.evernight.com/boards/canon/ ... or=Torkano
I contacted Torkano's wife using the facebook link that ElathanM posted earlier in the tread. I said that I was sad and that he was my friend and wish I could of said goodbye and that he had told me how much that he had loved her.
Here is his wife's response:
"Thank you very much. He spoke of you often. It is nice to put a face to the name. I only wish I would've been able to notify all of his online friends sooner. I know how much that game and all of you meant to him. It was his "escape". So thank you for being a friend to him. I know it meant a lot to him, and your condolences mean a lot to me, so again, thank you!"
I'm going to send his wife the search link above. Torkano lived with much pain that we did not know about and was full of joy. I am feeling pain and know others are too, but I will try and be like Torkano and live with joy. Through our actions others spirit can live on.
Much love to my friends here.
A FoC
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests