Game Time
Moderators: Staff, Game Staff
- Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
- Contact:
Game Time
Ok guys, I give - how do I change my gametime?
The time showing on our kingdom's main pg.
I dun want in BST anymore.
Is it "Bat Standard Time"?
Are we all Belgians now?
Did Rey BetSomeone'sTranvestite butler that he could make at least one of us ask about a time change?
What do we do?
The time showing on our kingdom's main pg.
I dun want in BST anymore.
Is it "Bat Standard Time"?
Are we all Belgians now?
Did Rey BetSomeone'sTranvestite butler that he could make at least one of us ask about a time change?
What do we do?
"...you like havin insides?
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!" TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Guide to the new layout
BST is British Summer Time, which is the timezone of the server due to it's location in the UK. It'll remain BST until the clocks change back to GMT in the autumn.
[edit] I don't see what difference it make, but I've changed it to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). Now it wont change time zone between summer time and winter time. I'm not sure it's a more useful time.
Think of it now as Universal Tonan Clock ;p or just Game Time. All it really effects is the time holiday mode starts and stops.
[edit] I don't see what difference it make, but I've changed it to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). Now it wont change time zone between summer time and winter time. I'm not sure it's a more useful time.
Think of it now as Universal Tonan Clock ;p or just Game Time. All it really effects is the time holiday mode starts and stops.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
- Contact:
Re: Guide to the new layout
*can't stop giggling about British Summer Time*
oh give me a minute.
ok.
I din't mean the name of the timezone, per se.
I meant to ask what screen do we use to change said time zone.
That had been an option at some point in our other lives. It was a selection when registering names, registering kdms and an option once ya had a kdm to play. In fact, there was a universal "game time" at some point, that was whatever Dustin said, prolly est, I don't remember now ;p
I dunno why it din't bother me before, maybe I'm paying more attention again (lookout lol) but in acct prefs or whatever, it was an option for any time zone. May we have that back please? =)
"BS Time" <- oh!, you over-the-ponders!
I really thought we could select a timezone in the kdm prefs, each to our own zone.
So that when we logged-in, we see the time that it is "for ourselves" (PST, EST, GMT, whatever number of choices listed, etc) or the "game time" which was based on Greenwich Mean unless they got a wild hair.
oh give me a minute.
ok.
I din't mean the name of the timezone, per se.
I meant to ask what screen do we use to change said time zone.
That had been an option at some point in our other lives. It was a selection when registering names, registering kdms and an option once ya had a kdm to play. In fact, there was a universal "game time" at some point, that was whatever Dustin said, prolly est, I don't remember now ;p
I dunno why it din't bother me before, maybe I'm paying more attention again (lookout lol) but in acct prefs or whatever, it was an option for any time zone. May we have that back please? =)
"BS Time" <- oh!, you over-the-ponders!
I really thought we could select a timezone in the kdm prefs, each to our own zone.
So that when we logged-in, we see the time that it is "for ourselves" (PST, EST, GMT, whatever number of choices listed, etc) or the "game time" which was based on Greenwich Mean unless they got a wild hair.
Last edited by Tara on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...you like havin insides?
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!" TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Guide to the new layout
There's never been an option to change the timezone in the game, at least, never in any code version I've seen. Maybe you could back in the early Shareplay (or before) days when the code-base was written in Perl (I've not seen that code), but I've got the various code-bases from post-evernight return, and changing time-zone has never been an option.
It's not really something I've ever considered, and to implement it would involve changing the way some things are written. Otherwise the time on news, scribe etc could be different from the game time. It would just cause a lot of confusion. I might look into it one day, but to be honest it's not a priority, and frim my point of view having a single 'game' time makes it easier to reference things.
While I appreciate that 'back in the day' game-time might have been a US time zone (generally EST if I recall), you've now got a British developer and a server hosted in the UK.
If UTC (the official time for international web-based applications) isn't good enough, then I'll just switch back to the previous version that switched between GMT and BST depending on the time of year. UTC is the same as GMT (not BST) so as it currently stands the clock isn't 'local' for anyone at all.
It's not really something I've ever considered, and to implement it would involve changing the way some things are written. Otherwise the time on news, scribe etc could be different from the game time. It would just cause a lot of confusion. I might look into it one day, but to be honest it's not a priority, and frim my point of view having a single 'game' time makes it easier to reference things.
While I appreciate that 'back in the day' game-time might have been a US time zone (generally EST if I recall), you've now got a British developer and a server hosted in the UK.
If UTC (the official time for international web-based applications) isn't good enough, then I'll just switch back to the previous version that switched between GMT and BST depending on the time of year. UTC is the same as GMT (not BST) so as it currently stands the clock isn't 'local' for anyone at all.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Game Time
On another note, why is `British Summer Time` so funny?
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
- Contact:
Re: Game Time
Because it just made me giggle a little, that's why, an' that's good stuff!
Really, am I thinkin back to perl'y stuff? no way man! lol maybe I listen ta G an' get some sleep soon lol
perl .... nuh-uh!?! lol
maybe it was just a board option, but damn I do remember picking our timezones - it's how I kept up with some people.
don't go changing anything like that for this wenchie, btw =) I just thought I was missing something somewhere along the way. ... unless ya wanna make a time option "wenchie-cabana-time"?
I guess we're good, good sir =)
nini.
Really, am I thinkin back to perl'y stuff? no way man! lol maybe I listen ta G an' get some sleep soon lol
perl .... nuh-uh!?! lol
maybe it was just a board option, but damn I do remember picking our timezones - it's how I kept up with some people.
don't go changing anything like that for this wenchie, btw =) I just thought I was missing something somewhere along the way. ... unless ya wanna make a time option "wenchie-cabana-time"?
nini.
"...you like havin insides?
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!" TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Re: Game Time
I thought there was no summer in England...that is what I was always told.
- Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
- Contact:
Re: Game Time
*points an' giggles* summer in England
Yea, what HE said!
(oh, I know, an' yes, I did.)
When I ask for more smilie-thingies, is that a "new layout" thing or will we make another topic? Cuz mama needs some smilies.
(this silliness, I'm channeling Elfie. shhhh an' "mmmmm" with me. Gili, I see ya lurkin, dun be scurrred lol)
Yea, what HE said!
(oh, I know, an' yes, I did.)
When I ask for more smilie-thingies, is that a "new layout" thing or will we make another topic? Cuz mama needs some smilies.
(this silliness, I'm channeling Elfie. shhhh an' "mmmmm" with me. Gili, I see ya lurkin, dun be scurrred lol)
"...you like havin insides?
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!" TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Game Time
More smilie options on the boards?? Go hunt for smilie packs that you like for phpbb3 and I'll install them. I don't really care about smilies either way, so never really though to get more.
This is the place to look.
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styles/smilies-13/
This is the place to look.
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styles/smilies-13/
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
- Contact:
Re: Game Time
oh I hadn't used them much either, but there was this one whip-n-trout thing, believe it or not - wait no, that's 2: a trout smackin someone in the head, an'a whip smackin someone on the ass - but in the silly smilie block-form characters. What can I say, it makes me laugh.
"...you like havin insides?
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!" TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Game Time
btw, we 'do' have a summer. It's just tricky to predict when it'll occur, because it only lasts for one day, and can happen at any time of year randomly. ;P
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Game Time
It turns out that it's pretty easy to grab smilies from TB and install them here. Over the years quite a lot were added and then some were removed. I've just installed my favourites.
007
bud
chainsaw
cheers
dragon
duel
firing
fishslap
furious
knight
spammer
starwars
stupid
violin
chainsaw
dragon
knight
spammer Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Reylan Talonspyre
- Teacher
- Posts: 537
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
- Contact:
Re: Game Time
I remember when the Spammer one used to come up when you typed in ":reylan:" or something. Good times. 
[edit] Just for you Rey ~Kaz
reylan
[edit] Just for you Rey ~Kaz
reylanI think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers
Gatekeepers
- Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
- Contact:
Re: Game Time
SPAMMMMMERRR!!!

an' also .. looking back on my recent posts, I've decided we apparenty like the smilie thingies

an' also .. looking back on my recent posts, I've decided we apparenty like the smilie thingies
"...you like havin insides?
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!" TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Re: Game Time
by my count, we've had 1 week and 1 day(separate from the week) of 'sun' this year. Mind you, its amazing how warm 24C feels when it was freezing cold the week before. The bloody random weather generator is getting increasingly randomKaz wrote:btw, we 'do' have a summer. It's just tricky to predict when it'll occur, because it only lasts for one day, and can happen at any time of year randomly. ;P
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
- Jokingjoe
- Second Centurion
- Posts: 1204
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm
- Location: New Bern, NC
- Contact:
Re: Game Time
Perhaps it's because your "doctor" isn't there to save you, this time!
- Reylan Talonspyre
- Teacher
- Posts: 537
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests