Returning Noob need info(maybe)
Moderators: Staff, Game Staff
Returning Noob need info(maybe)
Hey all,
Its been years since I play. Just saw Kaz's mass email and thought what the hell play a guild games for old time sake.
Don't know if any of my old vet members of AoA are still here so might have to find a new guild to join.
But first of all any tips/guides(building/troops) will be needed since I have no clue anymore how to play this. lol
Thanks in advance
~Kenchan
Its been years since I play. Just saw Kaz's mass email and thought what the hell play a guild games for old time sake.
Don't know if any of my old vet members of AoA are still here so might have to find a new guild to join.
But first of all any tips/guides(building/troops) will be needed since I have no clue anymore how to play this. lol
Thanks in advance
~Kenchan
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Returning Noob need info(maybe)
DarkHorse is running AoA on Guildwars 2. He said he'd be coming. Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with him
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Returning Noob need info(maybe)
Tip #1
The biggest tip I could give would be build lots of BRT buildings. The higher BRT you start with, the bigger the kingdom you create initially. Plus, if you go into your first war with an extremely high BRT, you've actually got a decent one after taking land.
I spend my first couple of days just building BRT buildings. I'll build income and population buildings too (10% each), in order to keep the build going. But will pretty much build just BRT for the first couple of days, then BRT and other buildings for the rest of my build cycle. I don't tend to slow down building them until I'm between 3 and 4k BRT buildings. I don't tend to stop until im at 7-8k.
Tip #2
The next tip would be to tithe efficiently. The most efficient way to tithe is to offer 2.5% your income, if you really can't be bothered to spend the time micro-tithing, tithing 10x your income is a reasonable alternative. Tithing 9's is the quickest but least efficient by a long way.
There are several reasons why tithing smaller amounts is better. Firstly, you get slightly more land for your gold. Second you take longer between tithing gifts, slightly increasing the land you get for your gold. Third, you retain a higher BRT meaning you can fill those acres in less turns. Fourth, you don't have to waste a load of turns inspiring for the gold for the next offer.
Tip #3
Familiarise yourself with the stats of the different races, these will be linked from one of the icons in the footer (in the new guilds design). `Random Race` is now an option, so even if only a handful of races are selectable, all 10 races could be in-game.
Value for money stats are slightly more important than raw stats. These basically take the raw stats into account with the troop cap in mind. In other words, rather than giving you the strengths for a single troop, they take the purchase costs into account, and think about how strong you'd be when you've filled your troop cap.
Tip #4
Play a bit of Massacre : Conquest. Conquest is a great game to remember how to play. It's a zero turn-rate game so you start with all your turns. Basically you start with thousands of turns and a huge NPP and have plenty of NPC kingdoms to practise attacking. Once you're out of turns you just wait for death, restart, and you've got thousands of turns again to practise with.
The biggest tip I could give would be build lots of BRT buildings. The higher BRT you start with, the bigger the kingdom you create initially. Plus, if you go into your first war with an extremely high BRT, you've actually got a decent one after taking land.
I spend my first couple of days just building BRT buildings. I'll build income and population buildings too (10% each), in order to keep the build going. But will pretty much build just BRT for the first couple of days, then BRT and other buildings for the rest of my build cycle. I don't tend to slow down building them until I'm between 3 and 4k BRT buildings. I don't tend to stop until im at 7-8k.
Tip #2
The next tip would be to tithe efficiently. The most efficient way to tithe is to offer 2.5% your income, if you really can't be bothered to spend the time micro-tithing, tithing 10x your income is a reasonable alternative. Tithing 9's is the quickest but least efficient by a long way.
There are several reasons why tithing smaller amounts is better. Firstly, you get slightly more land for your gold. Second you take longer between tithing gifts, slightly increasing the land you get for your gold. Third, you retain a higher BRT meaning you can fill those acres in less turns. Fourth, you don't have to waste a load of turns inspiring for the gold for the next offer.
Tip #3
Familiarise yourself with the stats of the different races, these will be linked from one of the icons in the footer (in the new guilds design). `Random Race` is now an option, so even if only a handful of races are selectable, all 10 races could be in-game.
Value for money stats are slightly more important than raw stats. These basically take the raw stats into account with the troop cap in mind. In other words, rather than giving you the strengths for a single troop, they take the purchase costs into account, and think about how strong you'd be when you've filled your troop cap.
Tip #4
Play a bit of Massacre : Conquest. Conquest is a great game to remember how to play. It's a zero turn-rate game so you start with all your turns. Basically you start with thousands of turns and a huge NPP and have plenty of NPC kingdoms to practise attacking. Once you're out of turns you just wait for death, restart, and you've got thousands of turns again to practise with.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Re: Returning Noob need info(maybe)
Hey Kaz,
Thanks for the info. Lol will take me awhile to get use to the game again. Anyways so DH is coming back and creating AoA? I created 2 kingdoms in Guilds. So 2x the learning i guess lol Yeah put me in touch with DH
Thanks again,
~Kenchan
Thanks for the info. Lol will take me awhile to get use to the game again. Anyways so DH is coming back and creating AoA? I created 2 kingdoms in Guilds. So 2x the learning i guess lol Yeah put me in touch with DH
Thanks again,
~Kenchan
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Returning Noob need info(maybe)
I don't know if he's creating AoA here, although I suggested it.
He's running AoA over at 'Guild Wars 2'. I'll link him to this thread, was chatting to him on facebook a few mins ago.
He's running AoA over at 'Guild Wars 2'. I'll link him to this thread, was chatting to him on facebook a few mins ago.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
-
Dark Horse
- Lost Soul
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:11 pm
Re: Returning Noob need info(maybe)
I'm wanting to create AoA here. I started kingdoms. Unfortunately I don't' have the AoA charter anymore or a way to recover it or the time to write up a new one either. I'll let you know when i do.
Avatars Of Ascension
Somebody find Blacklock... Quickly!
Somebody find Blacklock... Quickly!
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Returning Noob need info(maybe)
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
- Contact:
Re: Returning Noob need info(maybe)
Yay DH & Kenchan!
*nudges Kaz an' smiles a little* seeee little by little...
*nudges Kaz an' smiles a little* seeee little by little...
"...you like havin insides?
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!" TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Re: Returning Noob need info(maybe)
Sadly seems DH probably busy with GuildWars lol
Haven't seen any activity in his kingdom
Haven't seen any activity in his kingdom
- Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
- Contact:
Re: Returning Noob need info(maybe)
Someone should kill his kingdom there so he will play here more often.
"...you like havin insides?
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!" TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Re: Returning Noob need info(maybe)
Hmm apparently he had some technical difficulties...lol now he is back. Yay!!
*building my kingdom isn't that far off from what I remember.....lol but as for building troops I guess my first fight will show me how noob i am.
*building my kingdom isn't that far off from what I remember.....lol but as for building troops I guess my first fight will show me how noob i am.
- Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
- Contact:
Re: Returning Noob need info(maybe)
So does that mean Dark Horse is playin around here or what?
... I hope so!
*starts chanting "AoA..AoA..Aoa.." ... what? I welcome all guilds & faiths back, the more the merrier an' more land later ;>
... I hope so!
*starts chanting "AoA..AoA..Aoa.." ... what? I welcome all guilds & faiths back, the more the merrier an' more land later ;>
"...you like havin insides?
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!" TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Returning Noob need info(maybe)
at the bottom of the layout is a nav image that takes you to the race stats/troop info pages. picking the best troop is pretty easy when you know the statskenchan wrote:Hmm apparently he had some technical difficulties...lol now he is back. Yay!!
*building my kingdom isn't that far off from what I remember.....lol but as for building troops I guess my first fight will show me how noob i am.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest