roll call!

~ OOC forums for the Guilds version of the Classic game.
Please be courteous while posting and observe the forum rules.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: roll call!

Post by Nagash » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Maverick wrote:Ill join a guild run by Gili, Killie or Lak!

I want to be part of a European guild, so I can be the guy who shows up at the random hours.


Gili and Lak are both in BAN. :D
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Lak
Lost Soul
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:26 pm
Location: Falkirk
Contact:

Re: roll call!

Post by Lak » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Blue never feels right - gold then red then blue. But hey I like thwarted colour blue at least.

I'll nag killie tomorrow...
~LoF~ * ~FL~ * ~AoA~
"Fractions of fear make shadows of nothing."
~"Atama kakushite shiri kakusazu"~

User avatar
Sikil
Traveler
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: roll call!

Post by Sikil » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:10 pm

I would be joining... but... um... all I see are options to join Massacre and Classic. May just be a little slow here.

Edit: Nvm, clicked classic and it showed up. Yep, just a little slow :P
"The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully."
Stolen Sun Studios

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: roll call!

Post by Kaz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:35 pm

Massacre and Classic are game 'types'.

Massacre being a zero turn-rate kill of the hill style game, Classic being the standard age-based format.

Last Standing (e.g. LGS) and Challenge (e.g. PVP) would be examples of other game 'types' that are planned for the future.

At the moment we've only currently got a single Massacre style game (Conquest2), we currently have three Classic style games (Domination2, Bloodbath & Guilds).
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Gili
Community Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 am
Location: Northampton, England

Re: roll call!

Post by Gili » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:33 am

I was confused to, easily done i know. Anyway found this thread and viola sorted.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: roll call!

Post by Kaz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Sikil wrote:I would be joining... but... um... all I see are options to join Massacre and Classic. May just be a little slow here.

Edit: Nvm, clicked classic and it showed up. Yep, just a little slow :P
Kaz wrote:Massacre and Classic are game 'types'.

Massacre being a zero turn-rate kill of the hill style game, Classic being the standard age-based format.

Last Standing (e.g. LGS) and Challenge (e.g. PVP) would be examples of other game 'types' that are planned for the future.

At the moment we've only currently got a single Massacre style game (Conquest2), we currently have three Classic style games (Domination2, Bloodbath & Guilds).
Gili wrote:I was confused to, easily done i know. Anyway found this thread and viola sorted.
I've made the fact that you're looking at collections of games, rather than the games themselves a little easier to tell at a glance
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Lak
Lost Soul
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:26 pm
Location: Falkirk
Contact:

Re: roll call!

Post by Lak » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:10 pm

I'm playing conquest... but I had no real idea what I was doing... However, at least it helped remind me of what did what... please though... someone come and kill me (pssst it's easy... I think...)
~LoF~ * ~FL~ * ~AoA~
"Fractions of fear make shadows of nothing."
~"Atama kakushite shiri kakusazu"~

User avatar
Nether
Elessar
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
Contact:

Re: roll call!

Post by Nether » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:11 pm

Thank God there was a leto guild to join. Now all I gotta figure out
is who all these damn people are
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.

User avatar
Masta
Wayfarer
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: Behind You!
Contact:

Re: roll call!

Post by Masta » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:41 pm

Oh Nether, you have broken my heart.

Here I thought you had purposely sought out my guild, for ole times sake :(

Tis ok, I shall continue to operate under the former dillusion that you did in fact want to play with your old chum again. Anyhow, good to have you Nether, *wave to Naggiei-poo and the rest*, and um, oh yeah, I'm here. So bring your Leto asses to JustBlind before I start giving unguilded numbers to the heathens! (Kidding... maybe :D )

Oh and if you wish to blame someone for my return, blame Kaz. His PM found its way to my email inbox, and when I saw guilds back up, well I had to come back and piss you all off one last time at least. Ya know, for ole times sake. Now let's party like its 1999.
Yeah, I went there.
GM / Founder - Imperator
Justice is Blind |JustBlind|

Masta ~ The scrape on the roof of your mouth,
that would heal, if you could just stop tonguing it, but you can't...

Pistol
Lost Soul
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: roll call!

Post by Pistol » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:40 am

Well looking at the kingdom rankings I clearly need to relearn this game again. I admit I was thick and didnt click classic to find guilds and just assumed the game hadnt started so started late but how paople have such a high percentage build on high acres is beyond me (or rather beyond my limited skills).

P

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: roll call!

Post by Nagash » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:52 am

Lak wrote:Blue never feels right - gold then red then blue. But hey I like thwarted colour blue at least.

I'll nag killie tomorrow...


You're very sexy in blue, miss Lakkie.
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: roll call!

Post by Kaz » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:13 pm

pistol wrote:Well looking at the kingdom rankings I clearly need to relearn this game again. I admit I was thick and didnt click classic to find guilds and just assumed the game hadnt started so started late but how paople have such a high percentage build on high acres is beyond me (or rather beyond my limited skills).

P
Pistol, the simple answer is build-rate. If you're still in NPP you could load one of the high build-rate saves, if not then the save screen is no longer accessible. Basically towards the end of Canon/Evernight, either the `elite` building strategies just became common knowledge, or everyone left except for people that knew them. I've promoted them publically for years in an attempt to bridge the divide.

I posted a few good tips in this thread.

http://monarchygame.com/boards/viewtopi ... =12&t=1415

If you just take one thing from it, it would be to make sure that you're not wasting early turns building structures that you don't need until war comes around. Yes, a BRT heavy strategy is a risk at the beginning. But you're bigger so can hold more troops, and assuming you make it through the first wars, you're suddenly in a very strong building position.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Ophelia
Newbling
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: In your mind.. could use a dusting.
Contact:

Re: roll call!

Post by Ophelia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Yee-ah! :D Hi all hehe, nice to meet you.. looking forward to building up, and ya know plundering the dickens out of you in the name of Leto.
Justice is Blind |JustBlind|
“The dreams we are chasing and the reality that is chasing us are always parallel; they never meet.”

User avatar
Gili
Community Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 am
Location: Northampton, England

Re: roll call!

Post by Gili » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:49 pm

Ophelia wrote:Yee-ah! :D Hi all hehe, nice to meet you.. looking forward to building up, and ya know plundering the dickens out of you in the name of Leto.
That sounds like a confession :)
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com

User avatar
Ophelia
Newbling
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: In your mind.. could use a dusting.
Contact:

Re: roll call!

Post by Ophelia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Gili wrote: That sounds like a confession :)
I admit to nothing! >.>
Justice is Blind |JustBlind|
“The dreams we are chasing and the reality that is chasing us are always parallel; they never meet.”

User avatar
Lak
Lost Soul
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:26 pm
Location: Falkirk
Contact:

Re: roll call!

Post by Lak » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:22 am

*makes a note and taps the pencil against the paper*

I won't have it! Your name is in THE BOOK!
~LoF~ * ~FL~ * ~AoA~
"Fractions of fear make shadows of nothing."
~"Atama kakushite shiri kakusazu"~

User avatar
Lady Aria
Newbling
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:38 pm

Re: roll call!

Post by Lady Aria » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:48 am

Ok ,so I'm back as well.
An old vet starting out as somewhat of a noob again.
Any volunteers to re-train me? :P

User avatar
Gili
Community Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 am
Location: Northampton, England

Re: roll call!

Post by Gili » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:54 am

Thats the case with most of us, but it will come flooding back soon enough
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com

User avatar
Lak
Lost Soul
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:26 pm
Location: Falkirk
Contact:

Re: roll call!

Post by Lak » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:41 pm

I like guessing... that's half the fun!
~LoF~ * ~FL~ * ~AoA~
"Fractions of fear make shadows of nothing."
~"Atama kakushite shiri kakusazu"~

User avatar
Aeyliea
Explorer
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Kansas

Re: roll call!

Post by Aeyliea » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Play the high turn-rate Bloodbath game. You'll get retrained mightily fast :D
Now nimble fingers, that dance on numbers / Will eat your children and steal your thunder;
While heavy torsos that heave and hurl / will crunch like nuts in the mouth of squirrels.

Yeah, its Seska. Start running now, bitch.

Post Reply

Return to “Guilds”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest