I think I have an addiction
Moderator: Staff
I think I have an addiction
other than being addicted to all the other good things in life, ex: gambling, drinking, weed and the best of all,,, women,,, I find myself in a position that I was in 12 oddyears ago as a 15-16yo. I can't go anywhere or do anything without checking my kingdoms.
it's the last thin I do at night, and the first thing I do when I wake up. not an hour goes by through the day that I don't check in. I didn't think twice about it when I was young, but I'm starting to think it may be unhealthy now. lol.
I didn't realize how much I missed playin this over the las few years.
i was wondering if it's just me that's not normal, or if there are a few of you doing the same. it would be nice to think I'm not the only one. lol.
it's the last thin I do at night, and the first thing I do when I wake up. not an hour goes by through the day that I don't check in. I didn't think twice about it when I was young, but I'm starting to think it may be unhealthy now. lol.
I didn't realize how much I missed playin this over the las few years.
i was wondering if it's just me that's not normal, or if there are a few of you doing the same. it would be nice to think I'm not the only one. lol.
WARRIOR of LETO
LIBERATE Quad
Its not the size of the man that matters, its the size of the fight in the man the counts!
LIBERATE Quad
Its not the size of the man that matters, its the size of the fight in the man the counts!
Re: I think I have an addiction
there once was a frog named dog
whose dick got caught in a log
he jumped for a fly and lost his way
only to find it was not his day
whose dick got caught in a log
he jumped for a fly and lost his way
only to find it was not his day
Last edited by Grunt on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
- bigSparky
- Explorer
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
- Location: lost between Elvis and suicide
Re: I think I have an addiction
When I still played I was exactly the same way. At work I was always thinking about how my realms were doing. Always trying to talk my co-workers into giving the game a shot. Then I would get home and have to wait for my encampment to end so I could burn up my turns or read my news. Then impatiently wait for the next set of turns. That's how I found the boards, looking for something to do while I waited for more turns. At one point I was running 10 Outcast or Castaway doms, eight Chaos, and Solo. Then all the hours spent after I finally started playing Maxim. Then real life got in the way and it turned into work after 5 or six years. Still fun for the most part, but other things were happening that I couldn't let the game interfere with. Unfortunately, I still don't have the time to devote that I feel it takes, which kind of makes it un-fun for me. But welcome back just the same.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: I think I have an addiction
We need more people to become addicted again 
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Re: I think I have an addiction
yup, had a bit of an addition myself 
Trying to get back into the habit with Domination
Trying to get back into the habit with Domination
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
- Jokingjoe
- Second Centurion
- Posts: 1204
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm
- Location: New Bern, NC
- Contact:
Re: I think I have an addiction
Honestly, Gili, Bloodbath, imo, is the best game for someone who wants to stay interested. Full turns (300) after 24 hours makes for a very exciting game, you can play every day and if you're the type who is actively checking your kingdom, you'll invariably have turns to do something about an attacker in progress if you catch them.
You should try Bloodbath.
Dom is great, much like guilds on a smaller level, but unless you have friends, you still only play every other day.
You should try Bloodbath.
Dom is great, much like guilds on a smaller level, but unless you have friends, you still only play every other day.
Re: I think I have an addiction
Hate to admit is but that sounds familiar, despite some calling this a 'non-game'.At work I was always thinking about how my realms were doing
Remember distinctly so many of us investing countless hours with our fellow players pulling together our guilds, keeping them organized as a semi-cohesive group (despite often time significant cultural and timezone differences), and best of all dabbling in some diplomacy & negotiations.
THAT was what made the game a real game (and arguably a great game despite the complete lack of sophisticated coding magic and graphics), and quite frankly that is something will you will still be hard pressed to find in another game with pretty pictures and a lot more moving parts.
This was social before social media was spawned. Pretty clever and was as fun as it was aggravating at times (well at least until 'flame wars' devolved into bitter nonsense and took over the boards)
Re: I think I have an addiction
it certainly was social media before social media came along. i never really thought of it like that.
WARRIOR of LETO
LIBERATE Quad
Its not the size of the man that matters, its the size of the fight in the man the counts!
LIBERATE Quad
Its not the size of the man that matters, its the size of the fight in the man the counts!
Re: I think I have an addiction
oh, and just for the record,,, im not addicted anymore. i sought treatment and have gotten off all heavy stuff
WARRIOR of LETO
LIBERATE Quad
Its not the size of the man that matters, its the size of the fight in the man the counts!
LIBERATE Quad
Its not the size of the man that matters, its the size of the fight in the man the counts!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests