You have a hobby? Share them here

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by owly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:39 am

i now have two HD flat screen tv's ones the larger flat screen is the new sony 3d tv. i was going to collect comic books but i'm moving to hawaii in about 4 months and i know of no comic book stores in hawaii. So i decided to collect DVD's i have over 30 now half r new movies that went to dvd's and i have some classics too like'Used Cars' with Kurt Russell. Hatama on my last birthday bought me my prize gem of my collection my favorite movie 'Harry and the Hendersons'. Tomorrow i'm buying me a blue ray disk player with a surround-sound speakers YaY Me!!!!! i'm going to have it inmy room and the reg tv in my living room. It going to be pricey to ship it all to hawaii but i can't wait lol......

So what your hobby i really like to know?
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Lady Maven » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:46 am

I have many. I paint pretty well, I crochet like an idiot savant, I knit medicore. I do glass work, spin my own yarn and make art dolls. If it is artistic or craftsy in any way I have tried it, want to try it or do it regularly.

I also invent fantasy languages and play video game addictively.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by owly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:07 am

kewl

i used to tie knots fancy sailor knots but i haven't done that in awhile i still remember how tho, that's close to knitting or making dolls from scratch. That must take real talent.
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Nether
Elessar
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Nether » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:32 am

I make good lookin babies.
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Lady Maven » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:16 am

Yes you do Nether.

Don't bullshit ME Owly, I have seen those kinds of knots, hubby does them and they are WAY beyond me. I get all cross eyed just looking at them. THAT is what takes talent.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
Grunt
Teacher
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Grunt » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:45 pm

I am pretty good at drinking beer
does that count

Jezebel
Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Jezebel » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:54 pm

I'll find out tomorrow if it counts or not, Grunt. (and I'm so looking forward to meeting you!)

I do a lot of things - hiking mountains, collecting bugs and spiders (no, wait, that's my job), watching baseball, knit, spin, do puzzles (I especially like logic and jigsaw puzzles), war game (duh), the list goes on.

But the hobby that has really opened up my creativity is videotaping Texas Blues Rock bands. You can see some of my videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dolomedesreno?feature=mhum

and here :

http://www.vimeo.com/user5367528/videos

My primary band, and the one I will be seeing in MS tomorrow night, is the Sideshow Tragedy. I've been following them around for about 7 months now.

Silverwolfe
Wayfarer
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Silverwolfe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:32 pm

I like weaponry. I enjoy shooting, archery, martial arts and swordsplay. :P The Human body is an amazing weapon.
invictus maneo

Brandon Sean Johnson

User avatar
bigSparky
Explorer
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
Location: lost between Elvis and suicide

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by bigSparky » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:10 pm

I have a radio controlled sailboat that I take out not near as often as I would like. I used to play a select few video games. Moved to this apartment 3 years and a month ago, and about two months ago when the cable was out for a few days(#!!!&%$#**!!! Cox) I finally hooked my PS2 up. Haven't really used it since other than as a DVD player. I watch a lot of tv. Used to thump my surround sound quite a bit but now that I'm in an apartment not so much. Just got a 32" 1080i 120hz LED for a comp monitor. Makes the porn jump right out at ya don'chya know. Also makes it easier to read what y'all write.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha

User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Gerien » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:32 pm

I build computers and ride motorcycles.
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by owly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Wow maven, your hubby sounds like a kewl guy it's hard to find someone else who ties old sailor knots. Even rarer to find someone who appreciates them........

i now have all the star wars movies and i also got me 'kick ass' altho i'm kinda disappointed in it so far......
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Lady Maven » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:58 am

He is ex Coast Guard, apparently time on a ship gets really really boring unless you are being shot at by drug smugglers.

I got him a book on Chinese knotting that he really digs too.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by owly » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:08 am

Kewl

Get him the 'asley book of knots' for xmass, it's the knot bible

edit/it doesn't really show how to tie knots it tells you trust me he'd love it. Sailors gold......
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by owly » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:10 am

Kewl links Jez

wolfe i wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley

Gerien i can picture you ridding a bike

Sparkz i'd like to have a boat like that ;)
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
bigSparky
Explorer
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
Location: lost between Elvis and suicide

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by bigSparky » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:53 am

This is a vid of the same model as mine. Kiyosho Fairwind 900. about 3' long and I have to take the sail off to put it in my truck. Mine is painted in the OU colors, go figure. It seems to handle 15mph winds just fine. At around 25mph the sail servo ripped out. But I sail mine a bit extreme. I'm not having fun if I worry about losing 350 bucks. Most of these guys in the you tube videos don't know how or when to trim their sails from the ones I watched. It's pretty relaxing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dua4BOXTv0o
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Lady Maven » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:50 am

Ahh, Silver is just a big old teddy bear.

Who happens to be really good at killing people for a living.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by owly » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:19 pm

My question is does he kill hippies? if so i want a running head start......

Bigz kewl video, with that list i thought she was going under :lol:
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Nagash » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:45 pm

"Kill all hippies" was a pretty cool song by Primal Scream (PRMLSCRM).
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

Silverwolfe
Wayfarer
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Silverwolfe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Hell, come September and I am done wit the service... and No. I dont kill hippies. If I did I would have ta kill me momma. :))
invictus maneo

Brandon Sean Johnson

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by owly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 am

My mother used to grow and right when i started to smoking weed she stopped because she got a good job at the womans prison in hawaii. she used to give me 10 bucks a week to water the plants everyday, gawd she could grow some cript. i used to de-flower buds too, for ten bucks a time......

i'm glad you getting out of the service, with the war and everything i worried about you........

i went to the pawn shop today picking up 8 new/used dvd's i got some good movies too. i just watched 'with out a paddle'......
i know what you said about my Momma

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest