Just give me one reason

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Lady Maven » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:09 am

::sticks fingers in ears:: LALALALALALALA I can't heeeeaaaaarrrrrr you.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by MoP » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:47 am

Of course not, silly. We're on the other side of the ocean.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Lady Maven » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:21 am

Yes you are. The WRONG side :P
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by MoP » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:34 am

Awww, I didn't know you really REALLY want to meet me.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Lady Maven » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:47 am

Dude, you just be glad you are on the other side of the world. You make me feel like a dirty old lady.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by MoP » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:55 am

Finding me attractive isn't dirty. It's a natural thing, you can't blame yourself for it. I just have that effect on women :geek:

Being old is natural too. Well, maybe not as old as you are, but still. It's not your fault either. So nothing to feel bad about! Except perhaps the driving at the highway at 30 mph, or storming the store when it's about to open, clawing out other elderly people's eyes to be the first inside.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Lady Maven » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:00 am

hmmm.. suddenly you are a lot less attractive..
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by MoP » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:12 am

Good. I'm not very fond of grannies hitting on me ;)
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Kenos
Lost Soul
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Kenos » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Lady Maven wrote:hmmm.. suddenly you are a lot less attractive..
that's what we call moral qualms about the age difference ;)

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Nagash » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:38 pm

Narrow escape, master MoP. You were one step away from her grabbing you in the crotch and doing un-granny-like stuff. ;)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Gerien » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:20 pm

I wouldn't be caught dead in Alabama or Mississippi. Oh wait - I probably would.
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

User avatar
Wretch
Lost Soul
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:59 pm
Location: The Redneck Riviera

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Wretch » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:22 am

Alassippi isn't all bad. Early on, it was all one state.

A lazy jaunt through the southern part of MS can be entertaining, with assorted second and third tier sorts of performing artists frequenting the casinos along the coast. Stennis Space Center (near the Louisiana border) is a nice diversion. It's certainly a flashpoint for controversy, but the home of Confederate President Jefferson Davis is located near Biloxi. Pleasant beachgoing can be had there as well as in southern Alabama (Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are good Alabama beach stops). If you're looking for other sorts of nature interests, the Tombigbee River along the MS/AL border can be an interesting trek. Northern Alabama is temperate in fall and spring, and the geology up there is surprisingly complex, with heavily metamorphic facies at the southern terminus of the Appalachians as well as voluminous fossil bearing sedimentary deposits. There are other things I'm not remembering off the top of my head, but there's plenty to do in both MS and AL.

Although it's true that in AL/MS the advance of progressive cultural mores is perhaps charitably described as glacially slow, progress is creeping forward. The food is good and the land in places is stunning. Though it's probably not where you would want to send your kids to school (consistently low ratings for schools in both states), this region is not without its rough jewels.

I'm in the second to last semester of a degree odyssey at the present, but after I finish that out, I'd be up for playing northern Alabama tour guide (I live in the Florida Panhandle). I try to get up that way with the family at least once a year or so.
The Golden Horde - All war all the time™
You know how this thing ends, right? They all die.

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Lady Maven » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:17 am

Nagash, THAT won't stop me from inappropriately grabbing men's crotches. I can't wait until I am 75 so i can just randomly grab whatever seems funny at the time.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by MoP » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:58 am

Lady Maven wrote:Nagash, THAT won't stop me from inappropriately grabbing men's crotches. I can't wait until I am 75 so i can just randomly grab whatever seems funny at the time.
What do you mean, "wait till you're 75" ?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Nagash » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:05 am

She means when she's 75 for the 75th time.
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Lady Maven » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:27 pm

We don't call them "times" we call them anniversaries.

sheesh, men.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

Kenos
Lost Soul
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Kenos » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:56 am

Nagash wrote:She means when she's 75 for the 75th time.
5625 years is a long time to go without any MoP

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by MoP » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:34 am

No woman should be without a mop!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Immigrant
Explorer
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Immigrant » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:08 am

is Vermont part of the States?
Image
Don't they have a republic of their own??? *weg* (have a Vermont note from my travels to prove it - bummed they didn't stamp my passport though)

Silverwolfe
Wayfarer
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Re: Just give me one reason

Post by Silverwolfe » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:24 pm

I personally grew up in teh country of Alaska.. Its about one fifth the size of the Continental U.S. Larger than most countries in europe and umm..... we dont have the population it takes to dirty the landscape. The most beautiful landscapes in the western hemisphere. :D
invictus maneo

Brandon Sean Johnson

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest