The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

In memory fallen warriors: Bo Ri Kat, Sartorious, Lady Urydie, Loupy, DarkWolf, Torkano/Voice Dax, Rathowen/Donovan, Lady Fury, Tekmet, Misty Moonlight

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
Decae
Decae
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:14 am

The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Decae » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:46 am

I am sad to share this, but as some of you were fond friends of his at one time, I thought it was appropriate. Rathowen, or Donavon Fox, passed away in his sleep last night. His mother called me this morning.

I've known Donavon going on 10+ years and it was directly because of this game. I'm a bit too stunned to write more still, but I wanted it known. I know he was in an old NWN guild and typically played a Paladin, so if you have information on those, please PM me with it. Brian, I think you and he were in the same one for some other game.

He died young, but left behind a legacy of being an impeccable gentlemen, a great friend, a very loving son, devoted brother, and an outstanding adopted Uncle for my children.

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend

Post by Lady Maven » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:54 am

Oh no. Oh that is so horrid. How? What happened?
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 pm
Contact:

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend

Post by Venus » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:21 am

oh no:(
Wow do i need a new signature or what. suggestions??
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>

User avatar
Nether
Elessar
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
Contact:

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend

Post by Nether » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:23 am

*hangs head in silence*
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.

Jezebel
Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend

Post by Jezebel » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:16 am

I'm sorry to learn of this. I met him briefly at the North Carolina bash. I remember that he loved this place and went to nearly all, if not all, of the Monarchy bashes.

User avatar
Teanos
Within the Shadows
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
Contact:

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend

Post by Teanos » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:28 am

Damn.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do, and please pass along Chan and my condolences to his family. He was a great guy and I am really regretting I failed to keep in better touch with him over the years.

if/when you find out about any funeral arrangements please let me know as well.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Kaz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:24 am

Another of the clan passes :(

Guess we'll need to put together an In Memory forum over here too :(

RIP Rath
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

losmar
Necromancer
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:01 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by losmar » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:30 am

I def. have to say he was a great part of the Marion bash I went to. That guy was a class act(like Dangerfield); why do those guys always go early.

User avatar
Kethry
Beautiful
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:24 am
Location: Actionville, FL
Contact:

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Kethry » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:00 am

Saw the message on FB; I remember him, though I didn't really talk to him much. Damn, that sucks so bad! My prayers and thoughts are with his family right now. ;____;
LoF for life! *hits up Sargz0r all ni...all the time*
Whit Happens!
<Dreamskull> dysh has a large mouth and pouncing abilities, you just need to get them working for you
I accidentally Evernight...is this bad?

User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
Contact:

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:20 am

I am so sorry to hear this news. He was an absurdly funny, good natured man. My fondest memory of him was when he was staying awake for almost the entire weekend at the Chicago Bash, drinking and playing spades.

This is a tragic day. My thoughts and prayers go to his family and the friends he left behind.

So long Rath. Glad I met you.

I hope someone can find the picture of Rathowen, Maverick, and myself on a train wreck of a team for Star Wars Trivial Pursuit.

I would like to have that for posterity's sake.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers

User avatar
Portia
Wayfarer
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:28 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Portia » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:44 am

Donovan was a stellar guy and I'm finding once again that I'm just in shock and "speechless" to learn of the passing of someone who played a part in some of my fondest memories. It seems terribly unfair that such a kind, smart, witty and downright good person was taken from us.

Dustin, my thoughts and prayers are with you and his family. If you find out an "in lieu of" charity the family would like donations made in his name to, please let me know.
Empress of The Hegemony
I haz a mind, just ask Nagash

Elfie
Rest in Peace
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:14 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Elfie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:59 am

This just breaks my heart. Donavon was one of the greatest people I had ever had the honor to meet.
We had so much fun at all the bashes. I will always be his #1 hoe from New Orleans.
He always had a smile on his face, even after we put make-up on him when he passed out.
We will miss him dearly. My sympathy is with his family and your family to Dustin.

Calis
Leto's Best
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:16 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Calis » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:07 am

well fuck.

i met don at the toronto bash. he was quite possibly one of the funniest guys i have ever met. had a blast listening to his stories and watching him drop his camera, break it, then try to "fix" it by dropping it again on purpose.

what a loss for everyone who knew him.

hope youre rockin out w/your cock out dude wherever you are!

User avatar
Sylandra
Lost Soul
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:26 am
Location: Reno, Nevada

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Sylandra » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:11 am

Rath/Donovan was a butt-touching, feather-sporting, hard-working, hard-playing sweet and funny man whom I had the pleasure of meeting three times, and the honor to know for several years.

I smile and laugh when i think of him and cried when I was told he is gone. That he went in his sleep is, I hope, a blessing. I do not know if you can ask for more, but if you can, then I would ask that he be allowed to laugh and joke after here as he did while he was here.

My sincere condolences to his family and to his friends. He was (pardon the phrase) a good man.
In life, understanding is the booby prize. ~ Werner Erhard.

User avatar
Gili
Community Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 am
Location: Northampton, England

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Gili » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:08 am

shit! not good :'(

Condolences to his family
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by MoP » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:09 am

Sad news, once more :(

My thoughts are with his friends and family.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Nagash » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Sorry to hear it.... yet another death in our midst... :(

Condolences to his family and friends.
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Lady Aria
Newbling
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:38 pm

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Lady Aria » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:02 pm

I was in shock when Elfie called me last night.
This is such sad news.
Rath was such a nice guy, and he always kept us in stitches laughing at the bashes.
He was always a good sport when we joked around.

It was a pleasure to have known him, and I am so sorry to hear of his passing.

My condolances Dustin to you and your family, as well as his family, and the community.

:cry:

User avatar
Sturm
Explorer
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Sturm » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:54 pm

:( *takes off hat
My condolences.
“We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence",
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut Invenirem ~

User avatar
Decae
Decae
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:14 am

Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)

Post by Decae » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:26 pm

If any of you have pictures or anecdotes of Donavon that you'd like to share, please post them here. I plan on collecting them and creating a book for his mother and father.

Post Reply

Return to “In Memoriam”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests