Going to Mississippi/Alabama

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

Jezebel
Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by Jezebel » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:51 pm

I get to see Grunt in three days!!

~bounces~

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by owly » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:16 am

Bring disinfectant
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by owly » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:51 am

i'm jealous Grunt gets to have drinks with a hot-smart redhead.

toast one for me
i know what you said about my Momma

Jezebel
Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by Jezebel » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:37 pm

I don't know, Owly. He called me last night and said he was going to gamble.

I live in Reno, I know how that goes. Guy gets on a slot machine, and he doesn't notice the double D's trying to get his attention, even if they're stuck in his face.

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by owly » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:23 pm

i don't gamble or drink if'n i was faced with double D'si think i'd notice......

i hope you guys have fun i didn't know you lived in reno, me you and maven should set something up one day and have a mini bash.
i know what you said about my Momma

Jezebel
Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by Jezebel » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:12 pm

I plan to visit there again soon.

I have a lot of friends there - lived there for almost 10 years.

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by Lady Maven » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:29 am

huh uh. no caling it a bash of any sort. But yuppers, I live here, Jez did and so did Sylandra. And i even know the places that you can walk outside at night without fear (hint if it is a casino on Virginia street it is in a gangbanging neighborhood, I don't care HOW shiney the lights are) plus with all the casinos opened in Cali now, the ones here make really good deals.

So if anyone wants to get together simply because they can't believe I don't actually have horns, I am alwaus here. Just bought a place so i am here for good.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by owly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:24 am

er, not bash a friendly get together.......

As far as walking down the street at night is risky where i am at. not three doors down from where i live last night had a sort of home invasion. They throw a brick through the front window but they didn't go inside. i think it was just young punks trying to entertain themselfs.......
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by Lady Maven » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:34 am

meh, where *I* live our biggest threat is coyotes getting pets.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by owly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:27 am

i watch the tv show 'cops' and beg to differ. i seen a coyote once. You know this is going to sound crazy but the other day or two ago i seen a wild rabbit, i didn't know there was any wild life left in Vegas/Henderson......
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by Lady Maven » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:27 am

LOL, I dun live in town. I live in Lemmon Valley. Only the post office still calls it Reno. Washoe County is HUGE. The nearest store is over a mile away and outside of the asshats who show up for the air show it is quiet here.

Oh, and those fucking Burning Man freaks. GAWD how I hate them. When you watch a police van have to be called to take care of these shop lifting asshats at every store you go to it gets old. OH so old. They are NOT the peace loe and hippy crap bullshit you see (which honest to God would be bad enough) they are thugs in Birkenstocks. Shoplifter in patchouli.

We have wild rabbits, quail and deer in my driveway on a regular basis. Oh how I despise deer.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

Jezebel
Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by Jezebel » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:49 am

Had a marvelous time in Mississippi.

Grunt's a hottie!

Looking forward to that spider hunt.

User avatar
Grunt
Teacher
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by Grunt » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:43 am

No ax murders occurred altho we did talk about machetes
The double Ds kept my attention not the slot machines
Anyone wishing to join in on a spider hunt next June let me know

Jezebel
Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by Jezebel » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:33 pm

I'll bring extra headlamps if people want to go out in a canoe at night and hunt for spiders.

You see a whole different world in the wild at night.

But I must say, June seems so far away!

I had a blast, Grunt. If I hadn't made a promise to the band to tape their show ...

But I'm an honorable gal. I keep my promises.

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by owly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Grunt wrote:No ax murders occurred altho we did talk about machetes
The double Ds kept my attention not the slot machines
Anyone wishing to join in on a spider hunt next June let me know
i might be able to fly out there, lets see who's going first
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by owly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:41 am

hell even if nobody else is comming i'll think i might go, it be an adventure and it's not like i have anybody to take care of anymore, or any responsiblity......

Altho if we find any spiders i might suddenly run away screaming like a 13 year old school girl :oops:
i know what you said about my Momma

Jezebel
Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by Jezebel » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:39 pm

if we find any spiders i might suddenly run away screaming like a 13 year old school girl
Bank on it, Owly. Because we ARE going to find spiders. I'm very, very good at it, and fishing spiders tend to have healthy populations. We are going to find spiders, and lots of them.

Does it help that we're going out at night? All you will see is the greenish eyeshine of the spiders as we come upon them. I, and maybe Grunt, will be doing the spider wrangling.

User avatar
Grunt
Teacher
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by Grunt » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:36 pm

Spiders and snakes do not bother me at all
I will promise some fresh blue crabs also

User avatar
Wretch
Lost Soul
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:59 pm
Location: The Redneck Riviera

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by Wretch » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:50 am

Grunt's good in the woods or in a canoe, I've spent enough pleasant time out with him in those settings to know!

Where are you going spider hunting?
The Golden Horde - All war all the time™
You know how this thing ends, right? They all die.

Jezebel
Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Going to Mississippi/Alabama

Post by Jezebel » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:26 am

Somewhere near Grunt's place.

He's there to keep me alive. I can collect spiders, but I'm rather reckless about it. I really don't know how to outrun a gator or outswim a water moccasin. Didn't have to worry about those critters when I was collecting spiders in the northern midwest.

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest