Starting off the bloodbath

~ OOC forum for the Conquest (Solo) version of the Massacre game, and the Bloodbath (high turnrate) version of the Classic game.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Post Reply
User avatar
Oedi
Lost Soul
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:05 pm
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Starting off the bloodbath

Post by Oedi » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:07 am

I hit Ztreem last night in an ill-fated move that has seen myself leveled by mass sorcery-action. I could not declare on his second kingdom due to the "cowardly" message and thus was left vulnerable to his counter strike. He had 2k less acres than I and equal time to get to where my build was so I am actually kind of pissed about the whole error-message thing. In beginning of game situations, I see no reason for having that rule other than for consistency. It just punished me for building more quickly but I guess I should have thought of that before I hit his first kingdom.

Anyway, IDK what will happen from here but he definitely got me back.
Omega Dawn- Founder and GM
AGM of lots of guilds
Where my homies at? (Steven, Immortality, Asch)

User avatar
Shredman
Explorer
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:43 am
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by Shredman » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:21 am

you can gain more by offering atm, up to about 40k acres,
Warlord Death in Effect

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by Kaz » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:32 pm

you have an 85k tithepool like conquest
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

4saken
Lost Soul
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:32 am

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by 4saken » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:28 am

wow........

sorc kingdoms got it made.
btw how can i tell when my kobalds get in a rage?

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by Kaz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:07 am

looking at the code the message should read

Your forces have returned from battle: They went berserk.
.. rest of news
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Oedi
Lost Soul
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:05 pm
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by Oedi » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Another guy, WildBill, decided to land grab one of my kingdoms. I took him down but again the game will not let me declare on his other kingdom. He has initiated contact and I can't even hit the dude. Is there a way to change the rules so that if someone hits your kingdom you can hit both them and their other kingdom? It seems absurd that I cannot properly retaliate again because his kingdom is smaller than mine.
Omega Dawn- Founder and GM
AGM of lots of guilds
Where my homies at? (Steven, Immortality, Asch)

User avatar
Maverick
Explorer
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by Maverick » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:35 am

I kind of feel that in bloodbath there shouldnt be any "fairness" code. Hence the name.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

http://www.Flapship.com

User avatar
Mickal Redwater
Explorer
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 pm
Location: Middle of the Desert
Contact:

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by Mickal Redwater » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:30 pm

Haven't played yet, but will at some point when real life isn't so busy. And i agree Mav. I feel like alts would be useful, but i didn't think that far ahead, so my kingdoms have my name.

I agree with Oedi, not sure how hard that would be to code in and if it'll get done, but makes sense that you should be able to hit pairs if one hits you.
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever

User avatar
Oedi
Lost Soul
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:05 pm
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by Oedi » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:51 pm

After a couple days of calm and what I understood was peace, Ztreem invaded one of my kingdoms today for some reason. If this were solo I would bitch about him violating our peace. This isn't solo and I had 300 turns to work with so I just took down his lower kingdom with my kingdom he had hit and then took some of my land back on my other kingdom. Unfortunately I didn't fully break his larger kingdom and 4saken will have to back me up later. With the Angies being quite pesky at the moment, Mav gets all the time in the world to sit up there and build :-P
Omega Dawn- Founder and GM
AGM of lots of guilds
Where my homies at? (Steven, Immortality, Asch)

4saken
Lost Soul
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:32 am

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by 4saken » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:34 am

Well I sit and watched for a while and chose to just anchor oedi. but i could not let my allie fall so when he asked me, I came to help.
Zs kingdom is in a wreck at the moment.
My goblin got to wear the crown for just a sec and he liked it. :twisted:


If someone would start a rp therad i like to bring in my leaders to have some fun. :mrgreen:
I like to get some rp out of this game since i know its going to get wild... soon....

4saken
Lost Soul
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:32 am

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by 4saken » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:35 am

well looks like mav started it. :evil:

but let see if i can do anything to him. but he hs took me way down and not sure i can pull out of this one.

User avatar
Maverick
Explorer
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by Maverick » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:04 pm

I had every intention of just building and seeing what happened. The problem was/is that it became apparent that I was soon to be outnumbered because most of the active kingdoms are Leto.

When you tithed your money, you jumped ahead of me in total land and that in all reality was the end of my kingdoms. No way would I have had a chance if I was outnumbered and had less land.

That being said I completely screwed up in my attack, but seems I will overcome that.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

http://www.Flapship.com

User avatar
Maverick
Explorer
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by Maverick » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:15 am

Seems that Mickal has obliterated Shred's non-active kingdoms.

Its just me against the world.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

http://www.Flapship.com

User avatar
Maverick
Explorer
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by Maverick » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:20 pm

2 declares over the last 24 hours, at least things are starting to get interesting.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

http://www.Flapship.com

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by Kaz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:26 pm

I was originally going to put NPC's into bloodbath, but held off initially as you seem to be having fun without them. Let me know if you want them added.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Mickal Redwater
Explorer
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 pm
Location: Middle of the Desert
Contact:

Re: Starting off the bloodbath

Post by Mickal Redwater » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:55 pm

I can go either way with NPCs. Giving them could give us a shot at catching Mav. But i like the idea of having one of the games free of them.
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever

Post Reply

Return to “Conquest & Bloodbath”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest