Bugs Thread.

~ OOC forum for the Conquest (Solo) version of the Massacre game, and the Bloodbath (high turnrate) version of the Classic game.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Teanos
Within the Shadows

Bugs Thread.

Post by Teanos » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:02 am

Please post any bugs you encounter in this thread. We will ask that you keep discussions out of the thread unless specifically asked for more information, this will allow us to identify the bug, and fix it faster. Once a bug has been fixed, your post may be edited or removed.

Thanks.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.

Gerien
Teacher

Re: Bugs Thread.

Post by Gerien » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:09 am

I got an error when I tried to top spell sorc someone.

You encountered a error in $module. Can:5

Also, perhaps make it easier to declare? I never would have thought to go to Alliances to declare war on an opponent, and even knowing the game I had to try to remember and then hunt around for it. Perhaps the script that says "you must declare war" could have a link or the declare option there.
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

Teanos
Within the Shadows

Post by Teanos » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:30 am

Kaz will have to look at the top spell (Spell6.php, Kaz) tomorrow.
The problem is its got a reference in there that does a guild check, and we don't have a guilds database, so its blowing up.

As for the Alliance thing, I'll see if I can at least put where its at in the "You must declare war" message.

Shredman
Explorer

Post by Shredman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:42 am

i also got an error message, i think i was hitting the attack button to fast tho, i wanted those 5k turns :twisted:

other than that , everything looks right as far as war options .... i have not used sorcery yet....
Warlord Death in Effect

Gerien
Teacher

Post by Gerien » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:03 pm

Very weird thing here. I'm building temples, get down near the end of my open land, and suddenly it jumps from 29 available to 231. Turns out it was cycling through somehow to a past point and increasing my open land by reducing my built total. (Guildhalls and Hovels went down each time open land went up.)

Also, I have a screen shot of a strange page when the "priest scream...too much power" message comes up. Bottom text shifts left and the action button disappears. Give me an email address to send it to if you want to see it. Also, minor edits to text made below.

OLD: One of your priests screams at you. Becareful weilding so much power, that is how the island of Maxim was destroyed!

NEW: One of your priests screams at you, "Be careful wielding so much power; that is how the island of Maxim was destroyed!"
Last edited by Gerien on Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teanos
Within the Shadows

Post by Teanos » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Kaz
Administrator
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz

Post by Kaz » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:31 pm

Gerien wrote:I got an error when I tried to top spell sorc someone.

You encountered a error in $module. Can:5

Also, perhaps make it easier to declare? I never would have thought to go to Alliances to declare war on an opponent, and even knowing the game I had to try to remember and then hunt around for it. Perhaps the script that says "you must declare war" could have a link or the declare option there.

Should be fixed.

It's weird, that bug would have been in Massacre from the beginning and no one ever mentioned it to me.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:33 pm

Gerien wrote:Very weird thing here. I'm building temples, get down near the end of my open land, and suddenly it jumps from 29 available to 231. Turns out it was cycling through somehow to a past point and increasing my open land by reducing my built total. (Guildhalls and Hovels went down each time open land went up.)
I need more information on this one. No idea where to even start looking. You sure you were not being sorced?
Gerien wrote:Also, I have a screen shot of a strange page when the "priest scream...too much power" message comes up. Bottom text shifts left and the action button disappears. Give me an email address to send it to if you want to see it. Also, minor edits to text made below.
That'll be cos the backlash page has the form embedded into it, and Teanos probably didn't realise. He went through yesturday after deleting the old action buttons. Should be a quick fix
Gerien wrote:OLD: One of your priests screams at you. Becareful weilding so much power, that is how the island of Maxim was destroyed!

NEW: One of your priests screams at you, "Be careful wielding so much power; that is how the island of Maxim was destroyed!"
Will get on that one a bit later as its just aesthetic.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science

Gerien
Teacher

Post by Gerien » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Kaz wrote:
Gerien wrote:Very weird thing here. I'm building temples, get down near the end of my open land, and suddenly it jumps from 29 available to 231. Turns out it was cycling through somehow to a past point and increasing my open land by reducing my built total. (Guildhalls and Hovels went down each time open land went up.)
I need more information on this one. No idea where to even start looking. You sure you were not being sorced?
I did it twice just to be sure. Each time I would build 16 temples at a time with 231 open land, get down to something like 23 open land (don't know exact number) and build 16 only to have it reset to 231. That's when I noticed that my Hovels and Guildhalls went from the low 2000s to the high 1900s.
Kaz wrote:
Gerien wrote:Also, I have a screen shot of a strange page when the "priest scream...too much power" message comes up. Bottom text shifts left and the action button disappears. Give me an email address to send it to if you want to see it. Also, minor edits to text made below.
That'll be cos the backlash page has the form embedded into it, and Teanos probably didn't realise. He went through yesturday after deleting the old action buttons. Should be a quick fix
Screencap sent.
Kaz wrote:
Gerien wrote:OLD: One of your priests screams at you. Becareful weilding so much power, that is how the island of Maxim was destroyed!

Will get on that one a bit later as its just aesthetic.
Agreed, but as I said in an earlier email, I spent many many years proofreading and editing, so it's a small service I can offer.

Teanos
Within the Shadows

Post by Teanos » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:06 pm

Note to self - don't edit stuff at 1 am.

Mickal Redwater
Explorer

Post by Mickal Redwater » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Not sure about this.. may want to ask Nether.

But i declared on him earlier today to take him down.. didn't end up killing him.

But i'm positive someone else killed him. I'm not sure of their character name and wont say the kingdom name.

YET i am still declared war on him after he restarted.

This hurts him more than me, because i can't declare on anyone cause i'm bigger... but i can hit him whenever i want if i choose to without having to declare.
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever

Shredman
Explorer

Post by Shredman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:43 am

also i have posted this in the other thread , i was twice hit down below 500 acres and had 0 turns and could not restart, i was lucky to have friends on to kill me off both times...
Warlord Death in Effect

MoP
Savant

Post by MoP » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:33 pm

"17577 of our peasants and 3 Shakes were murdered last night. The people are talking bad about you, they no longer feel safe. 0 Ingin, 0 Nubash, 0 Bunar, 99 Shakes left in the night."

I'm fairly sure 'Shakes' should be 'Opulents'.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Nether
Elessar

Post by Nether » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:36 am

um did the saved builds go poof on purpose?
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.

Shredman
Explorer

Post by Shredman » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:44 am

yep yep my saves are gone aswell
Warlord Death in Effect

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:51 am

Fixed.

When I corrected the game mode after being pointed out that it was not as described, I forgot one little snag.

Builds were tied to the game mode.

They should be back now.

Shredman
Explorer

Post by Shredman » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:58 am

yep got um back, plus a new 1 lol
Warlord Death in Effect

Nether
Elessar

Post by Nether » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:59 pm

just got this on the score screen

Error Obtaining Score Information
SELECT (points / (deaths + 1)) AS avgpoints, number, kingdom, leader, FROM ranking WHERE npc='0' ORDER BY avgpoints DESC LIMIT 20
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM ranking WHERE npc='0' ORDER BY avgpoints DESC LIMIT 20' at line 1
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.

Archangel
Community Admin

Post by Archangel » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:03 pm

Refresh, should be fixed. Kaz is taking the NPC's off the scoreboard.
Unyielding resolve has no conqueror

Mickal Redwater
Explorer

Post by Mickal Redwater » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:18 pm

May be an issue with the Declared War Downhit function....

So Nether was coming to get me (thanks again ot the 2mil no forted kingdom) and he tried to scout once.. failed.. i hit him 3 times and then was waiting.

At the point where we started he had 80% my land.. so i shouldnt be able to declare war... i hit thrice, making that number even less, but i was allowed to declare war :P

I wasn't sure why... when i looked at my main page he had tried hitting me.. but this was AFTER i declared.

Basically i could down declare on him just because he failed a scout (no war or GR hits)
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever

Return to “Conquest & Bloodbath”