Tabletop War and Roleplay Games

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

Post Reply
User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Tabletop War and Roleplay Games

Post by Kaz » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:00 am

Do any of you play any form of table top roleplay or war game?

If so, what rules do you play by?
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games

Post by Lady Maven » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:05 am

Yes. And that question is not a simple one to answer, I need more information.

Are you talking game system or house rules?

system I play Shadowrun, GURPS, World of Darkness, Pendragon, Rifts, TORG, Star Wars West End, and Heroes, and too many more to count. I used to play D&D and I know the rules to 4e.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

Jezebel
Traveler
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games

Post by Jezebel » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:30 am

I used to play a number of role play and war games, and played by the rules set by the game master. None of them followed the game's textbook rules exactly.

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games

Post by owly » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:39 am

i wish i could help ya but this is the only game i play ;)
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Gili
Community Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 am
Location: Northampton, England

Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games

Post by Gili » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:42 am

I table top twice a week ( not sure how i find the time ). Mainly RP type stuff.

Amongst our groups we've played a fair few war game/miniature type stuff...current trend seems to be for AT43.

Wassup?
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com

User avatar
Bogumil
Wayfarer
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:36 am

Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games

Post by Bogumil » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:57 am

Numerous role-playing games though primarily one of the various editions of Dungeons and Dragons and several different war games, mainly Games Workshop and Privateer Press offerings. Of course you can add Settlers of Catan and other, similar games as well.

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games

Post by owly » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:24 am

i played D&D once as a kid it was fun as hell i wish i played it again or more for that matter.........
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Dwarven Giant
Newbling
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:26 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games

Post by Dwarven Giant » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:18 am

I have played table top games for over 45 years. Fantasy, Science Fiction, past & present, War in all history periods, & future war games as well.

Played Warhammer, Traveller, D&D (from before the Greyhawk supplement), Tractics & dozens of other WWII systems, Napoleonics, as well as most games using paper maps & cardboard units.

I have play tested a couple of games, (Supremacy & Space Empires IV), modified a few existing games for house play & of course, played numerous online games since the Internet became usable to most people.

Give me a new game & I can usually figure out good play methods within minutes.
Guild's Best Scummer in any Faith

User avatar
asoc
Explorer
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:35 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games

Post by asoc » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:45 am

My brother plays Mordheim...
I haven't played any table top game before.

I have played a little PoxNora... sort of like an online tabletop war game.
Like a cross between Magic the gathering and a table top war game.

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games

Post by owly » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:08 am

i just sank your war ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
asoc
Explorer
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:35 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games

Post by asoc » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:24 pm

owly wrote:i just sank your war ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post is actually kind of funny:-p

Battleship is technically a table top war game right?
I suppose it could be laptop war game too... But then I bet Venus would be all over that one... With her penis and third boob and all... that resume just screams laptop gamer...

Silverwolfe
Wayfarer
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games

Post by Silverwolfe » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:35 pm

I havfe four Warhammer 40k Armies sitting in storage back home. Tau, Imperial Guard, Chaos Daemons and a Black Templar army. :P a couple thousand dollars worth of models. :D When I was in the states I played about one to two games a week. :D At the place I play we tend to follow the rules to a t. I do have fun though.
invictus maneo

Brandon Sean Johnson

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests