Uruguay
No votes
None of the above
7%

Total votes : 15

World Cup Football 2010 (South Africa)

Postby Nagash » Mon May 31, 2010 4:15 pm

So who do you think will win?

I think Italy has good chances. I believe the momentum Spain had two years ago (very successful sports year, a.o. with Nadal) helped their morale and therewith helped them reach a better result.
In the past two weeks, Internazionale won the Champions' League and Ivan Basso won the Giro, so this time the morale boost is on the side of the Italians.

Apart from that, the Italians are always tough bastards who tend to know what to do to win. That, and their country rocks. :)

Other countries which I think might make it far: Argentina, Brazil, England, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain.

England and the Netherlands have the tendency to do well and then fail horribly in a clumsy way. Argentina, Brazil and Germany are always forces to reckon with, and Portugal and Spain are usually pretty good. But I have a severe dislike of the Iberians, so I hope they will lose in the pool phase. Which is rather unlikely. :P
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Nagash
Master

Re: World Cup Football 2010 (South Africa)

Postby asoc » Mon May 31, 2010 7:14 pm

Sorry, I can't use logic and reason until my National team is out of the tournament.

I have issues with Mexico. I mean, I want all CONCACAF teams to do well. But I fucking hate the Mexican National team fans. Bunch of disrespectful pieces of trash.

Oh, GOOO HONDURAS!!! They have fucking amazing, and gracious fans.

Every American should watch these videos before the WC starts. Sort of a documentary of the WC qualification process for the US National Team and following the supporters of the team.
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyvRNKlTQ-c
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI06Jim5CTE
Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4uHAb6Fw7k
Part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jOKzBInDzc
Part 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwxahXW-Erk
Part 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK4GQeu8OFc
asoc
Explorer

Postby owly » Mon May 31, 2010 8:04 pm

i voted for England to win it be kewl if they won or USA won.......

France can suck my left nut
i know what you said about my Momma
owly
Sage

Postby Gili » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:09 am

owly wrote:France can suck my left nut

Thats the spirit :)

For England whilst our qualification went well...i can't help but think that our friendlies leading up to the world cup were squandered. It would have been nice for at least one (or two) of the final friendlies to be played in the final formation and line up. But nope *sigh*

But Capello knows what he is doing, lets hope it goes well for us. But yeah as Nagash says Netherlands & England both seem to under perform from what their squad looks like they can perform.

Really looking forward to it. World Cup + I'm working from home...I'm going to clock up some serious viewing hours.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Gili
Community Admin

Postby MoP » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:14 am

Quickly, if we re-unite Belgium and the Netherlands, we might have a chance at winning!

Other than that, Italy won't win. They're still trying to overcome your visit, dear Nagash. You know how Italian men respond to hot guys, and apparently the hotness of a lowlander is too much for them.

If Messi's in good form at the championship, I think Argentina will be hard to beat. Though Spain is strong too.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
MoP
Savant

Postby Kenos » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:03 am

we'd probably still just end up with the entire current dutch football team after unification ;)
Kenos
Lost Soul

Postby MoP » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:34 am

Nah, some Belgians could make it...

Vermaelen and Lukaku (the latter probably only in a few years, though). Hazard and Fellaini if they decide to become Flemish ;) Prolly some others as well...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
MoP
Savant

Postby Nagash » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Lukaku? Sounds African. :P
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Nagash
Master

Postby MoP » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:01 am

So does Bouhlarouz!
MoP
Savant

Postby Nagash » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:35 am

Bouhlarouz is an African (and a tosser, but that's beside the point).
Nagash
Master

Postby MoP » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:02 am

Well, Lukaku's father was African.
MoP
Savant

Postby Nagash » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 am

Kewl. :)

Anyways, yesterday Van der Vaart proved that he's fun to watch, and effective. The corner he took from which Sneijder scored (3-1) was brilliant! I suggest he becomes 'the new Bergkamp'. :)

The Dutch defense, on the other hand, proved to be complete wankers (2-1).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJfJaD6y1rM
Nagash
Master

Postby MoP » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:04 am

Nice corner indeed :)

About the defense: what do you want when you put v. Bronckhorst on the pitch? The guys must be around Venus' age!

And the first goal was offside ;)
MoP
Savant

Postby Nagash » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:11 am

MoP wrote:About the defense: what do you want when you put v. Bronckhorst on the pitch? The guys must be around Venus' age!

He's even older. :shock:

MoP wrote:And the first goal was offside ;)

And obviously offside too. :P
Nagash
Master

Postby asoc » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:26 am

I hope Nigel de Jong gets his leg broken and it has to be amputated because of an infection. Fucking punk as bitch.
asoc
Explorer

Postby Nagash » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:03 am

LMAO

What did he do then? :P
Nagash
Master

Postby MoP » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:16 am

Nagash wrote:What did he do then? :P

He's dutch! Isn't that enough already?
MoP
Savant

Postby Nagash » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:18 am

Nah, could be worse. Besides, I think he's from Suriname originally (either he is, or his dad is), so he's only semi-Dutch. As is anyone who greets people with 'fa wakka'.
Nagash
Master

Postby MoP » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:24 am

And what if you greet people with ugly glasses and ditto haircut?

MoP
Savant

Postby Nagash » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:26 am

You don't greet that one, you run away.
Nagash
Master

Next

Return to Comments