Custom Posting Titles

~ New to the community? Come say hi.

Moderator: Staff

Custom Posting Titles

Postby Kaz » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Some of you were given custom posting titles back at Evernight. Some were awarded titles for competitions or for other extraordinary acts, others were just awarded them because an Admin randomly decided to give out a title.

I didn't really go into the custom title thing when we made the new site (here), with exception of the Cebturions who got titles simply based on being the 100th, 200th, 300th, 400th or 500th person to `show up` as a registered user on the boards.

Several of you have asked about having your old titles on these forums. Up to this point I have avoided adding them simply because I didn't want half the player base to have a custom title when half did not. I am however prepared to `consider` applying old titles back to your account.

If you want your old posting title, post in this thread outlining how the title was awarded, and why it should be granted to you on these boards. Specifically I'm interested in what the title means to you, and whether awarding it here would increase your activity on the boards, in game and when recruiting people to join us.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DIDN'T HAVE A CUSTOM TITLE BUT WANT ONE

Do the same thing. Use this thread to tell me why you deserve a posting title, or what you would do to improve life around here if I awarded you one.

This the list of old custom titles.

Losmar Necromancer
Venus Soul of Barnabas
Atla Urban Cowboy w/Guns
Calis Leto's Best
_Nagash_ Teh Spam!
Reylan Talonspyre Sticky Fingers
Steven Lord of War
DemaM Lost
Gerien Threadjacker
Sturm Armchair Warrior
Khalistov Evernight Antagonist
Torkano Don't mess with da Elf
Jezebel Spider Lady
Zathrus Marfy Dog
Bundesbank Grand Arbiter of NPAC
Nether Average
Lak Mad but cute
Old Oak The Wood
Shayanna The Warlady
Ozymandius Barnabas Plumber
Arioch Supreme UG
Bran Traveler
Dyvim Tvar International Superstar
Tara The Wenchie
Leif RAGE >.<
Odominus Bone Breaker
Connor Templar
Stryfe Azn Invasion ZOMG!
Lizzy Girl Gone Wild
Caryn Best RP Alt
Taff Professional Pyro
Lyssia Pseudo-Voodoo Sidhe
Seska Flaming Toaster
Xas Guilds Roast Mistress
Euphractus Armadillo King
Jilo The Other One
Belle Unstable
Portia Trouble
Thyarr Happy Man Child
Cruella Ms. Evernight
Holden Head Elder of Quid
Nimue Grandma
Verena Evernight Sweetheart
Hope Evernight Sweetheart
-Exidus Kalimoor- Evernight Sweetheart
Valcatin Evernight Sweetheart
Harthar War Master
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Re: Custom Posting Titles

Postby bundesbank » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:12 pm

herewith there is bountious evidence that one whit did bestow upon me the most finest of posting titles, 'Grand Arbiter of NPAC':

http://evernight.com/boards/canon/viewt ... 10&t=23448

i humbly request that it be reinstated so that i can once again arbitrate and preside with great beneficence over the realm of the new player's area.

more seriously though, i've trying recently to disseminate information on the mechanics behind the game, e.g. my extensive dissertation on build mechanics. i'm making all of my builds - which seem to be the best ones in the game, based on my observations of the reset that just occurred - public, so that everyone, most especially new/returning players, can use them and get (back) into the game much quicker.

(and if i hadn't lost an enormous post on the topic, i would have had a lot more to say about the building capture % via war than the short post that ended up on the boards)

unfortunately i'm a bit pressed for time these days so i don't have enough time to gm, but i'm always up for answering questions in npa about strategy, etc.

ergo why i'd be interested in bringing back the Club ;)
ich bin die bankier
NPAC
bundesbank
Grand Arbiter of NPAC

Postby Leif » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:58 pm

Ohhhhhhhhh my RAGE >.< !!! I forgot about that title! God that makes my heart happy, from a time when my heart was so unhappy!

There was no thread, or other public evidence I don't think, of how this title got bestowed. I think it was just the shining triumph that was my game presence and personality. Specifically, I think it came about from the glory days of the IRC channel and war chats. I think... THINK if my way old brain remembers right, SoulDemon inserted that title after one of his (regrettable, I'm sure ;)) adventures in #evernight on mIRC.... BEFORE HASHTAGS WERE FOR THE BIRDS, BITCHES!

Actually, I still squeal it several times a war chat these days - I bet Rey, Ashin or Fire could attest to that. Some old habits die hard, much like this game :)

I don't know that I can provide a sales pitch as to why this title means so much to me or I deserve it back, all I know is it makes me happy and reminds me of one small thing that made me smile at the point in my life where true smiles were pretty hard to come by. I think that while I've spent a lot of time away from the game, I have also invested a lot of time and heart in it as well. Maybe not the way a lot of you have, with hours of leadership and organization and RP. I gave my heart to this place as a teenager in a different way. I let myself bloom and flourish here socially and emotionally and found a way to be comfortable with who I was. This place and the people who it contained provided me with the most stable, supportive and loving environment I was going to find, and was probably responsible for holding off the otherwise inevitable down-spiral of depression I suffered through for years later. I lived in small town of small minded people and I found a place I could be myself, where the way I felt was normalized and I was encouraged to explore it. Yes, partly I mean my sexuality, but just as equally my ability to think critically and be exposed to a world outside my town and my parent's smothering opinions and lack of substance. Most of my adolescence and early adulthood where shaped by my socialization, friendships and true bonds I found here.

You want to know why I (and probably most people) come back? Because this game and community has a placeholder in our hearts and even though it can't ever be what it was in our lives then, when we can, we make a little space for it in our lives now when time and commitments allow.

I can't say I'll do some mind blowing thing, spur an age of growth, become a teacher of the people (I don't know enough myself ;p) or RP or even that I'll always be here. I won't.

But I will ALWAYS find a way back when time and life allows it. And when I come back, as much as time and life allow it, I will give what I can in that moment. And "RAGE >.<" on, until I have to go again.
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Leif
RAGE >.<

Postby bundesbank » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Leif wrote:You want to know why I (and probably most people) come back? Because this game and community has a placeholder in our hearts and even though it can't ever be what it was in our lives then, when we can, we make a little space for it in our lives now when time and commitments allow.

spot on.

i found friends and a kind of family in this game, people i'm still close with to this day (lady mors, hdog).
ich bin die bankier
NPAC
bundesbank
Grand Arbiter of NPAC

Postby Aeropagitica » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:12 pm

I cannot help but notice a very high percentage of the female players were given a title. And toward the end, they were becoming generic. Silly boys...
VIVA NIR!
Aeropagitica
Explorer

Postby Kaz » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Generic??

Are you referring to the 4x `Evernight Sweetheart` titles? They were awarded from some competition or bash or something, I think. They were actually some of the older titles given out as far as I know.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Leif » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:28 am

Aeropagitica wrote:I cannot help but notice a very high percentage of the female players were given a title. And toward the end, they were becoming generic. Silly boys...

Jealous? 8-)

Thanks, Kaz ;)
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Leif
RAGE >.<

Postby Tara » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:03 pm

If you want your old posting title, post in this thread outlining how the title was awarded, and why it should be granted to you on these boards. Specifically I'm interested in what the title means to you, and whether awarding it here would increase your activity on the boards, in game and when recruiting people to join us.

It's homework time for wenchie. ..but that's not why I post dis thing here now. How it was, was this one wench started playin this game and brought with her from other lands and places groups of people (Castle people who RP'd with me in college, Black Lance Dragon, Kaige Necrain, Shayanna, who met a Little Devil, a whole guild of people (Cult of the Viper) from an RP chat room to play an rp war game. The first game of its kind it seemed (truly!) at the time.

Over time and time an' years and things the wenchie had gathered up many'a friend of all sorts. Met and gathered together many people in many guilds and loved them all in time and place as family. This one time, she met an elven wench named Elfie and they gathered allllllll the wenchies of the game together for a guild. First time for that too. All girls (IRL had to be) and they rullllllled the joint (boards of course, in-game too we had lots of fun and killed lotsa heathen, won an age or two even! That's right - ALL. GIRLS. Whut!? lol)
The Wenchie made many pages-worth of icons for people over the evers (still on an old Angelfire page if anyone wants to look for an old friend's face, I probably put it to pixel for them, addy's on the info here).

People named her their wenchie in their own sig lines! There were wenchiedays on the boards when PMS was all over the place! Other women right now still use the adjective of endearment with eachother or just in reference to this one (and some guys too, man-wenches, and Cabana Boys, they know who they are). There were wenchiewarz in irc -v- staff and all comers! ahha! ... we wenchies sent Christmas cards IRL (awww) an' Dec name'me "the wench" one day. Whit fixed it for me to the wenchie and that was that.

[b]But[/b] that was when I did MAKE that adjective for me an' my wenchies an' our familiezzz an' it was used all over de place in reference to me, Elfie, our girls, our guild. Back when I did bring guilds-worth of people to play, to at least 'COME AN' LOOKIT WITH ME OVER HERE!' . Right now I don't deserve it back because I've been a lazy wenchie when it comes ta this game I love. This wenchie's work here is just gettin started again m'man. ;> give back when you want to.

Kay! Loves!
-Adrienne
"...you like havin insides? Image 'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Tara
Indecisive Wenchie

if that's yer way to say I'm stickin around this time..

Postby Tara » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Aeropagitica wrote:I cannot help but notice a very high percentage of the female players were given a title. And toward the end, they were becoming generic. Silly boys...

I'm sorry I hav'ta say this now that I posted behind it. The insinuation is obvious so I hope ya didn't mean ta mask it much there, Aero ;>

But ya know what I guarantee you there is a great story behind every one'a those wenches posting titles, same as the guys I bet. AND, we made the place fun. Fuckin fun. Any thread any one of us was in was FUN and drew a crowd. Ask around.

The Sweethearts were from 2 events - Mr. and Ms. Evernight (on the boards, the female "Sweetheart" was part of the Queen wenchie's (Ms. Evernight's) court...yes, like fuckin prom mothafukka! (whoo excuuuse me! lol) We RP'd for it, we posted all over for it, we campaigned, we made artwork and stories it was so fun every time. Cruella won the last one that was held, that's her title on the list.

Also hmmm pretty sure Exidus K. was a GUY. But I could be mistaken 8-)

Ok Apologies for the side-track-reply ... Next!! =)

(( omg KAZZZZZ!!! ROFLMMFAOM! yer a funnyfunny man aren't yaz? rofl!! but that's what I get for "oh change it back please! it's too much too soon! lol love yaz too *laughykisssesmwwwaaa!*... oooouhoh! wait see, now Aero's gonna think our pixels were flirting for a title. You better watch out who you meet in the evenings for a while, Kaz *smirksezz))
"...you like havin insides? Image 'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Tara
Indecisive Wenchie

Postby Dreck » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:45 pm

well u know did the woman did all the posting while then men fought the wars. *Runs for his life
Angelique
Open for business
Scummer
Scouting your kingdom since the beginning of time
Dreck
Wayfarer

Postby Seska Dragonslayer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:20 pm

lulz. I remember how I got -THAT- title. It was a contest .... of flaming. Back when I still flamed people :trollface:. I think I could make arguments for a new title that isn't that one, because what we definately do NOT need here anymore is flaming, roasting, or downright upbraiding/asschewing/RAEG :D
Ozan: You'd have to be Aey levels of stubborn to recover from that kind of blow to your pride and continue fighting.
Honeybadger don't care.....Honeybadger don't give a shit!
Seska Dragonslayer
Wayfarer

Return to Introductions