G says it Sucks to be You (Us vs Everyone)

~ OOC forums for the Guilds version of the Classic game.
Please be courteous while posting and observe the forum rules.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

G says it Sucks to be You (Us vs Everyone)

Postby Fireslash » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:25 pm

Pre war stats:

GATEKEEPERS Land: 284,001 35,501
G Built: 280,561 35,070
8 / 8 Members Networth: 8,064,993 1,008,124

SILVER UNDERWEAR CAN WORK Land: 171,583 34,317
SUCK Built: 164,498 32,900
5 / 5 Members Networth: 5,168,791 1,033,758

Us: 13 members 13,223,784 tnw 1,020,941 anw

JUDGMENTS CALLING Land: 157,396 26,233
JC Built: 152,127 25,355
6 / 6 Members Networth: 4,682,993 780,499

THE RED RANKS Land: 376,102 20,895
TRR Built: 304,724 16,929
18 / 18 Members Networth: 9,375,883 520,882

You: 24 members 14,058,876 tnw 650,665 anw

I think I have an addiction to war, but on the bright side I've admitted it. Best of luck to you

~Fire
Fireslash
First Centurion

Re: G says it Sucks to be You (Us vs Everyone)

Postby Aeropagitica » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:15 am

It may or may not have been inevitable but it certainly feels wierd with you guys initiating it from the top. Past 3 ages it has occurred but the more numerous lower ranking kingdoms got the first strike. And we still won. That said, with you having networth and first strike...I dont think we can close that gap. Thumbs down on this one.
VIVA NIR!
Aeropagitica
Explorer

Postby Jokingjoe » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:11 am

LOL a downhit faithwar. Reminds me of how the barnies played Bloodbath last age. I guess it's one way to secure the game.
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Jokingjoe » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:14 am

Carlos, send me a tell. Let me know if you want to try and make a riposte. If you think you think you can get several people together, we might be able to do a little damage.

Dauthi/Seska, I know you don't typically do organized stuff with others, but I'd invite you to partake as well.
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Seska Dragonslayer » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:08 am

*snickers* Not impressed, not in the least. And they didn't touch me because they are still fool enough to think I ain't a threat.

Joe, I will contact you lol
Ozan: You'd have to be Aey levels of stubborn to recover from that kind of blow to your pride and continue fighting.
Honeybadger don't care.....Honeybadger don't give a shit!
Seska Dragonslayer
Wayfarer

Postby Tara » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:20 am

awwwwwFuck you Fire!
oh, sorry, I thought that's how the scroll-sweep war threads were supposed to start out. haha pffffft

Well I can't believe I was at work with my laptop riiight on my desk when they rolled through at 3AM! :evil:

A few more trolls may have helped me, but probably not much! lol sheeeesh fuckinfuckityfuckshit.

Guess we'll see what we can do. Wouldn't want ya to keep too much free land to build on going into Thanksgiving break.
"...you like havin insides? Image 'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Tara
Indecisive Wenchie

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:17 am

Faith wars are started when faiths want to secure the win for the age. If you feel the downhit has made it so that a retalitory strike is useless or impossible, I know that Fire and I would agree happily to request an age reset. We just want to do something and waiting to get hit is boring. Honor is bullshit.

Kaz has offered this option in the past. Feel free to use it.

As for it being an old Barnie move, yeah probably. I have been hit multiple times while up top and frankly it was lame. We fully accept that our advantages way outweigh your disadvantages. Your turn advantage is vast. A suicide sorc move can and will work.

Hey, just think, this move has brought you all back together with Seska. Happy Thanksgiving. Now that the Angie family is all together, they will be merciless next age.

Sorry, I am rambling. I am hungover and just want to let everyone know I made the call and accept the flak for it. Still love ya all.

Peace.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Postby Seska Dragonslayer » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:34 am

Oh yeah suisorc works well, it would just take weeks to bring you all down. But I ain't playing to win this age, just to frustrate others lol

Age reset seems kinda early though...
Ozan: You'd have to be Aey levels of stubborn to recover from that kind of blow to your pride and continue fighting.
Seska Dragonslayer
Wayfarer

Postby Leif » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:47 am

We've been waiting for like... forever for someone to make a move. ANY move. C'est boring, C'est la vie!

And that's the reality of low game population and large faith guilds. It's no one's fault, and no one likes to be on the receiving end of these situations. I wouldn't be pumped if I were you, but what were we all (you guys and us) supposed to do? Build for the age and stare at each other's pretty kingdoms complimenting each other on a build well executed? I say poop to that. We made the up-hits and were stuck with sorc as our option last age, and we made the best of it. Your turn!
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Leif
RAGE >.<

Postby Seska Dragonslayer » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:52 am

Zorc has basically been my mode all age. And up hits, too. I personally think the yellows were going yellow because they knew I was coming for another one of them tomorrow lol
Seska Dragonslayer
Wayfarer

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:05 am

We always are aware of Goblin activity. Ask Leif, it is on our banner most of the age. You, Dauthi, and that other guy are always on my mind. I have two newish players in the guild. You even got one or both of them this age. Had to give them the speil about how Goblins is the unknown variable in all things, unless you have the same faith as them or if you are Goblin. They understood. I think it also helped when I confirmed that the guild (and game) considers Goblins open targets all age, every age. Simple stuff.

It is early for an age reset, but Kaz made the point that we can end it early if necessary so you guys just don't sit there getting picked at while you are effectively neutered due to the faith war. I am sure Fire and I could ask for it, but that is a bitch move if you all have an eye on some strategery.

Now, for next age, we will understand completely having this done to us. Almost all of us have felt that wrath before. Maybe not recently, but back in the day. I was just on TB looking through old posts, seeing how their faith wars started. Call it a refresher course.

I found nothing too entertaining. I did see some old Gatekeepers threads, which were funny to read.

My god, I think I lost my point.
Gatekeepers
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:07 am

THAT WAS MY POINT: Next age, if in a similar situation, take this age as fair warning ... we will do this again. Act faster and stomp our nuts before we stomp yours. Fair deal.

Oh and this isn't a faith war, per se. It is a faith sweep, I think that is the correct term. Not an insult, just correcting the lingo.
Gatekeepers
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Postby Carlos Danger » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:25 am

I don't really have much to say on the hit, it is what it is. If it pushes the reset so be it, we will try and stomp something in the meantime though.

We have been trying to do a few different things for two weeks now but its been tough. We have 4 players who were out and then back shortly and then are on sparingly or not at all, I am assuming all from the storm. We didn't want to leave them hanging but knew we couldn't wait forever. I was going to split us this week into those I knew were playing and those who were not and then figure out who we could hit, even then it would have been an up hit. These are not anyone else's problems, just explaining why nothing has been done.

I sent you a pm Joe, hopefully we can work something out.
TRR - The Red Ranks
Figurehead Extraordinaire
PM for pics
Carlos Danger
Wayfarer

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:28 am

It probably won't push the reset as the below thread seems to indicate it is going to occur soon anyway.

http://www.monarchygame.com/boards/view ... =66&t=1772

Carlos, we appreciate your issues and I know I have been keenly watching TRR with hopeful heart to have some folk to war with. Hopefully everyone is safe out there.
Gatekeepers
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Postby Carlos Danger » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:48 am

Ah I missed that thank you Rey. Makes it easier decision on whether to restore or not. Guess that solves the issue on best how to kill people.
TRR - The Red Ranks
Figurehead Extraordinaire
PM for pics
Carlos Danger
Wayfarer

Postby Leif » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:52 am

Smashy smashy all around!! :D Good luck on the counter guys!
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Leif
RAGE >.<

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Yeah, unfortunately, at this point, it may be best to try and kill Ashin.

I would hate for him to fail at remaining king. :twisted:
Gatekeepers
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Postby Tara » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Since Kaz has reset in the past when asked like Rey said, maybe he'll do the opposite this time an' NOT reset during the holiday.

How's this - if our retal can make this an actual WAR rather than a run-over & thanks for the land, maybe we can pick up after holiday break. But if our retal fails miserably, well then yanno whatever and reset comes when it comes.

Personally I'll always vote for war. =)

The damned gazebos I'd built were OH SO EMPTY without enough wenchies an' cabana boys for them anyway.
"...you like havin insides? Image 'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Tara
Indecisive Wenchie

Postby Ashin » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:48 pm

At least now we have some forum activity going on.
Ashin
Lost Soul

Postby Fireslash » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:49 pm

You guy still had us in networth over a week ago when I thought about it. JC was 300-400k total networth behind us for the past half a week. We figured you would have hit us to secure a spot to knock out gatekeepers, but it never came

You have more than double our numbers and turns, and we left you with some decent realms, aka due to lack of turns and so many realms

~Fire
Fireslash
First Centurion

Next

Return to Guilds