Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
~ OOC forums for the Guilds version of the Classic game.
Please be courteous while posting and observe the forum rules.
Moderators: Staff, Game Staff
-
Leif
- RAGE >.<
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:00 pm
Post
by Leif » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:45 pm
You just weren't looking for the right thing! I prefer to keep Cabana Wimmins

Rey and Ashin don't seem to mind... :p
[Edit]OMG... first time spamming something into a new page in like 10 years! Win! I'm trying to do you proud Rey!

[/Edit]
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
-
Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
-
Contact:
Post
by Tara » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:21 pm
oooooooowimmins.

congrats Leif! on the SPAM an' the wimmins lol
"...you like havin
insides?

'cuz those are gonna be
outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
-
Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
-
Contact:
Post
by Kaz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:48 pm
If we forget about the fact that the 50% of NIR-G that didn't restore, got much bigger. At least we did force 50% into the restore mode making 'that' 50% smaller

-
Darnivan
- Traveler
- Posts: 153
- Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 am
Post
by Darnivan » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:24 pm
Well, only if you ignore that my elf came back out of restore, took his land back and captured almost as many built acres as he lost (still down like 3-4k, but that is 7k less than when I restored) and ended up with more acres than he started

-
Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
-
Contact:
Post
by Kaz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:34 pm
Both my kingdoms ended up with more acres than they started with too, all from your Elf
I think I might be the only (or one of a very small few) Barnabas kingdoms in that state though.
-
Ashin
- Lost Soul
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:47 am
Post
by Ashin » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:17 pm
My one kingdom gained 19k land, got PL'ed, so restored and lost 17k of that land so only gained a net of 2k, weird.
-
Aeropagitica
- Explorer
- Posts: 323
- Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:13 pm
- Location: Wilmington, NC
-
Contact:
Post
by Aeropagitica » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:26 am
Yes Kaz. Peace was very convenient for you specifically, again! You were next on my list!
VIVA NIR!
-
Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
-
Contact:
Post
by Kaz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:29 am
Ashin, the restore picks based on number of buildings, so I assume you either left the restore too late, or you ended up with more buildings total 'after' the lotting. The system reduces the total land so you don't get a full copy, it also caps the amount of open land you can have on the restore.
-
Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
-
Contact:
Post
by Kaz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:31 am
Aeropagitica wrote:Yes Kaz. Peace was very convenient for you specifically, again! You were next on my list!
I'd have taken out another kingdom first though I think. Although...I did pick a bizarre time to hit restore (2am my time). I have the luxury of spending turns tomorrow rather than stay up late now

-
Calen
- Lost Soul
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:54 am
Post
by Calen » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:27 am
It's been an honour fighting alongside some of you and fighting against the rest. As soon as someone steps up to take leadership of the Silver Wolves, I'll be leaving for hopefully only a short hiatus. Just remember, it's a game but the players are the heart of it. Keep it fun. Keep it worthy of our memories of it.
“If you call one wolf, you invite the pack”
Silver Wolves
-
Darnivan
- Traveler
- Posts: 153
- Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 am
Post
by Darnivan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:47 am
I caught your restore pretty quickly after you did it, within an hour or two, I was planning on being on at the hour each hour trying to hit you the moment you came out tonight if we were still at war

-
Reylan Talonspyre
- Teacher
- Posts: 537
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
-
Contact:
Post
by Reylan Talonspyre » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:44 pm
Sorry to see SW disband. It has been a pleasure to war with someone like them. Their merger into TFC is a boon for TFC and for the game.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers
-
Stee Jans
- Wayfarer
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:55 pm
Post
by Stee Jans » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:44 pm
I don't think boon is the word I would use, since it seems like it would generally be better to have several small or medium size guilds rather than a few large guilds. It'll certainly make wars more difficult for us to manage, due to size discrepancies.
That, and having the entire faith hinge on a guy who is sometimes too busy to respond to things quickly seems slightly suboptimal.
The Red Ranks
Bringing gravitas to dick jokes since 2013
-
Reylan Talonspyre
- Teacher
- Posts: 537
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
-
Contact:
Post
by Reylan Talonspyre » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:31 pm
Why not force some people out?
I like being a six kingdom (3 member guild). Saddest part is, if everyone kept their guilds like that, it would mean far more wars. But there is something about the security and anominity that a large guild creates. I am surprised Fireslash hasn't started one up, or Pistol, or even Maverick (if he is still playing).
Kaz should break out something and kick it with us. As the smallest guild in game (minus Goblins) I think it would be entertaining.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers
-
Stee Jans
- Wayfarer
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:55 pm
Post
by Stee Jans » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:42 pm
Pretty sure that aside from maybe Kaz, no one in TFC has any interest in leading a guild.
I'd rather have more wars with a smaller guild, frankly.
The Red Ranks
Bringing gravitas to dick jokes since 2013
-
Dreck
- Wayfarer
- Posts: 90
- Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:05 am
- Location: Wild Wild West
-
Contact:
Post
by Dreck » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:17 am
Darnivan! Where's SOLO @? Was it only loyal to Isonia?
Angelique
Open for business
Scummer
Scouting your kingdom since the beginning of time
-
Fireslash
- First Centurion
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:40 am
-
Contact:
Post
by Fireslash » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:49 pm
i work shitty hours, it would not be fair to anyone in the guild if i ran one. its really not even fair to guilds when i'm in them because i hardly am able to show up for chats
~Fire
-
Darnivan
- Traveler
- Posts: 153
- Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 am
Post
by Darnivan » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:47 am
We don't even have a solo game anymore, would be strange to bring back the guild that was supposed to be made up from players of a game that is no more.
-
Jokingjoe
- Second Centurion
- Posts: 1204
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm
- Location: New Bern, NC
-
Contact:
Post
by Jokingjoe » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:35 pm
The domination game is basically a solo x4 game

-
Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
-
Contact:
Post
by Kaz » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:07 pm
We might make a solo game again sometime, but I'm not sure we have the player-base to support it. Also, it may well not be called solo, due to the game naming conventions we've been using. Plus, administrating a game with a no-helping rule is a bit of a nightmare.
I'd not call domination anything like solo though, the core of solo is that you are not allowed to work with other players. Domination is much more like a 4 kingdom guilds game, or perhaps one of the old 8 kingdom games (whichever one allowed shadow guilds). Conquest is probably the most solo-like game, although even that one doesn't have a no helping rule.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests