Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
In memory fallen warriors: Bo Ri Kat, Sartorious, Lady Urydie, Loupy, DarkWolf, Torkano/Voice Dax, Rathowen/Donovan, Lady Fury, Tekmet, Misty Moonlight
Moderator: Staff
-
Nymphsong
- Explorer
- Posts: 370
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:14 pm
Post
by Nymphsong » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:21 pm
Where have all the flowers gone long time ago?
Tork was a good ally, and strong player, but above all that he was an intelligent and good friend, when I played. TNE and several other guilds lost the best, If I was to rate Tork, he was the sort of player you never had to question, where are you, what are you doing...he just did...and it happened. Those types of players are hard to find. Tork you will be missed, God Bless your family.
To get ahold of Grunt, I have been to his house and I cant remember his number lol. Some tips, he lives on the gulf coast by himself+1 Dog...might make him harder to get ahold of...
Nymphsong
-
MoP
- Savant
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
-
Contact:
Post
by MoP » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:26 pm
He showed me his house on Google Maps one time, it's next to a Z-shaped house. But I can't remember the address

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
-
Lady Aria
- Newbling
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:38 pm
Post
by Lady Aria » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:30 pm
I was really shocked to hear of Torkano's passing.
One year, many years ago, I didnt have anything to do on my birthday, so Tork went to dinner with me.
He was a really nice guy, and will be missed.
-
Mickal Redwater
- Explorer
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 pm
- Location: Middle of the Desert
-
Contact:
Post
by Mickal Redwater » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:02 pm
A great player, and someone we've all seen around for so long.
Its always sad when we lose someone so involved in our community.
He will be missed

Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever
-
Kyhera
- Newbling
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:49 am
Post
by Kyhera » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:55 am
The Monarchy community is one of those things that grabs you and never lets go. I have come and gone through the years and have met some people that linger in the thoughts long after I think about the game. Torkano was one of those people. I am saddened beyond common sense at the loss of such a gentle individual. Every once in a while I would get a link from him to the boards, or a joke. I've read this entire thread and thought to just let it be, shocked as I am to have read the news. But it seemed that a mention of my being aware of his passing was necessary, if for no other reason than to pay homage to the man. Much akin to tossing a rose unto an open grave, or a salute.
You will be missed dear Tork.
-
Adara
- Newbling
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:20 am
Post
by Adara » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:28 am
Words can't express how I feel right now. Russ was a very very special person, more special than most of you know. I loved him very much.
I'll see you on the other side Torkums.
-
Silverwolfe
- Wayfarer
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm
Post
by Silverwolfe » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:58 pm
I decide to make one of my very rare visits.... see how the new site is doing and I find out about this... Torkano's family has my deepest sympathies.
invictus maneo
Brandon Sean Johnson
-
hudeo
- Newbling
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:48 am
Post
by hudeo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:56 am
Never had the chance to know him more. He and asoc always made the warchats and threads interesting.
Missed the long hours staying in warchats.
Goodbye tork.
-
Gordonne
- Newbling
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:17 am
Post
by Gordonne » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:24 am
Tork, was one of the people i really enjoyed playing against I never really played with him in the same guild, but he would bring the life back into the game, Im so sorry for your loss, when i heard he passed on i wanted to come in say,he will be missed, but he will never be forgotten.
Gord.
-
Odominus
- Newbling
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:31 pm
Post
by Odominus » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:22 pm
What
The
Fuck
Ouch this really sucks. Torkano was *always* there. Thanks for the fond memories old warrior.
Old friend.
This really stings.
-
Katharsis
- Newbling
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Post
by Katharsis » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:43 pm
Like many of the names I have seen in this thread - it has been ages since I visited or played. I just found out today. Nice to see some old names even though under such sad circumstances.
RIP Torkano - I am saddened to hear of your suffering and hope that you are at peace now.
-
Lady Maven
- Teacher
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
-
Contact:
Post
by Lady Maven » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:03 am
Same here, Kitten. I was linked, had no idea the place had changed names.
I can't believe Tork is gone. I am going to miss him. One more name for my Memorial List on ICQ.
Gonna miss ya Tork, we'll quad up again one day.
Never feqar powers that be, I have NO intention of sticking around, I just wanted to say my good byes and then disappear once again.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
-
Grunt
- Teacher
- Posts: 623
- Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:24 pm
Post
by Grunt » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:43 pm
Goodbye fellow warrior
The battlefield will never be the same without you
All should take solace he knew love in his short life
-
Link
- Newbling
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:11 pm
Post
by Link » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:15 pm
So sad to hear this. Tork was always fun and I'm sad to hear that he had to suffer through such a difficult syndrome. My condolences.
-
bundesbank
- Grand Arbiter of NPAC
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:52 am
Post
by bundesbank » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:59 am
there aren't/weren't lots people in the game who'd fight with you tooth and nail one moment, and then be someone you could joke around with the next. tork was one of those people, though.
i believe i remember the time after tork got married that he was gone for something like 3-4 months. when he got back, he said that lisa hadn't wanted him to play because it was taking up too much of his time, but that he had convinced her to let him play again (albeit, with less involvement). little did i know he had actually been in the hospital and didn't want to let on that he'd just been through a really hard time. that's a lot of courage on his part to face something like this without letting it on to some of the people he interacted with on a daily basis.
i don't know if lisa will read this, but if you are, lisa, all the best to you and yours. words aren't enough when someone close to you passes away (especially not your husband), so i hope that your family is close by to support you.
take care.
ich bin die bankier
NPAC
-
Mick
- Newbling
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:16 am
Post
by Mick » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:35 am
Rest in peace, Tork.
You'll be missed.
-
owly
- Sage
- Posts: 3084
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
- Location: stoned
-
Contact:
Post
by owly » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:08 am
To honor a player like Torkano i think he deserves his own thread it be a fallen warrior thread if anybody else dies that played this game
i miss torks posts
i know what you said about my Momma
-
Nagash
- Master
- Posts: 2394
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am
Post
by Nagash » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:31 pm
owly wrote:i miss torks posts
We all do, mate...
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
-
Dreamskull
- Newbling
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:37 am
Post
by Dreamskull » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:45 am
Wow. I haven't been on here for probably a couple years. Was just having a bout of curiosity, but I never expected this.
I used to talk to him a lot, went to war with him often. Torks was awesome, this is a real shame, wish we hadn't lost touch. Rest in peace buddy.
-
Seska Dragonslayer
- Wayfarer
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:17 pm
Post
by Seska Dragonslayer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:18 pm
What can I say?
Its been....quite a while since I've even thought of Evernight and its community. I only stopped by to see how things were going....and find that Evernight is dead.
And then I come here, and see this.
Sad doesn't even begin to cover it...
I never really knew Torkano very well, but well enough. His wit, charm, and silliness are still remembered fondly - were remembered fondly - even after I left the community. Do you know that me and Eisheth still speak of him, approaching a year after we parted ways from this game?
He was a great man to play with, against, for. I cannot express ion words how much his passing hurts.
God rest your soul, Torkano, and lend strength to those you've left behind.
Ozan: You'd have to be Aey levels of stubborn to recover from that kind of blow to your pride and continue fighting.
Honeybadger don't care.....Honeybadger don't give a shit!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests