Where The Winds Blow {OOC}

~ This is our OOC forum for the Stories of Tonan play-by-post roleplay game. Information about characters, ideas for how to take the plot.. etc go in here.

Moderators: Staff, Roleplay Staff

Where The Winds Blow {OOC}

Postby Donal » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:02 pm

OOC thread for "Where The Winds Blow".

This thread takes place in the northern expanse of the Empire. There is no real goal or story idea for this thread as I'm not sure whats to happen. Feel free to drag it to wherever you want to.
Donal
Lost Soul

Re: Where The Winds Blow {OOC}

Postby Topheh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:50 pm

A slight genesis of plot appears! Just don't ask me whats in the letter... I'm not sure yet.
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Kaz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Don't forget that you've got the wraith last seen hanging about in the north. You guys had a bit of a brush with him before (with your mains) in the first part of your 'Lost Lore' thread. I'll do my best to try and get some posts in (between coding and advertising) with the official wraith posting account, but feel free to roleplay it too. The last few times its come up, it's been progressively learning about Tonan, magic, physical form etc. Feel free to reach a point where it becomes a bit more intelligent/aware. The more it feeds, the more it'll learn and it's now taken out a few droben and an ancient wampyr.

I've put in a kickstart request over at rpg-directory. It's a new idea where a few avid roleplayers come over here temporarily to try and help boost the amount of roleplay on new (or struggling) boards. I thought it might work out well if we had a bit more going one when Guilds kicks off. Anyway, these guys from rpgd will (unless they happen to chose to stick around) be playing throwaway characters, so we can theoretically have some nice wraith kills. Looks like we're going to be the first boards to get the 'kickstart' treatment, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Topheh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Cool!
Topheh
Traveler

Postby jonnblaze » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:18 am

The last few times its come up, it's been progressively learning about Tonan, magic, physical form etc. Feel free to reach a point where it becomes a bit more intelligent/aware.
jonnblaze
Newbling

Postby Aruara » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 pm

jonnblaze wrote:The last few times its come up, it's been progressively learning about Tonan, magic, physical form etc. Feel free to reach a point where it becomes a bit more intelligent/aware.

Haven't Read much into the Lore of Tonan yet, got other things brewing as you know, but that comment speaks volumes to me, depth, reader perception and artistic licence :P or interpretation is as significant as getting the lore consistent and right..... brb :)

However! Let the people with brooms sweep and the people with visions dream.... and all will be good in the end :D
You ain't seen me right!?
Aruara
Lost Soul

Postby Aruara » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Do we have a map of the Tonan/ Monarchy world?

Because "Northern Expanse" and "Northern Mountains" in Droben context doesn't gel, unless the northern expanse fell before the Droben mountains, and was a vast tundra between the north and the warmer central realms?

Please advise"??
Aruara
Lost Soul

Postby Aruara » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Or is this a world not an island we're talking about, and "Northern Expanse" is a tundra on one continents and the Droben mountain on another!?

Droben is my prime concern ATM!

Would any one object to me having the Geo peeps a work generate a world map, which we could work from like a 'Datum' ?
Aruara
Lost Soul

Postby Kaz » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:52 pm

First off, that quote from johnblade is just pulled from a post I made in this thread several months ago. I'm not sure if his post is spam or not ;)

Next, this is an OOC thread for a specific roleplay, that's not been posted in since feb, can we leave this thread for off chance that Donal and Toph chose to pick it up again.

There is a section of maps in the gallery, there are also maps at the top of the different roleplay areas. I am working on city maps, but can only do so much at a time, and they've taken a back seat :(

I'd start by reading the sticky called "[START HERE] For those of you who are new or returning" it'll link you to "Important Roleplay & Storyline Information" among other things.

If you want to chat about development of the Droben race and history etc, I'd make a dedicated thread in the Behind the Scenes forum. With regards to the Northern Mountains (in the context of Ruark and The Mountain People [TMP]), they were at the northern end of the island of Maxim, which is where the Droben were discovered. There has been a pretty major cataclysm since then, and the majority of the world, including Maxim is generally thought to be uninhabited.

A loooong time ago before the continents broke apart, the northern mountains in maxim would have been connected to the mountain range we're calling the 'Eastern Mountains' at the moment. Mount Darkridge at the northern end of the Empire is the current primary habitat for the droben, along with high numbers in the city Snowhaven.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Topheh » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:09 pm

I am, in fact, alive, and very sorry for my absence. Had a lot of stuff going on for a while, but its (effectively) over now.

*tracks down the others*
Topheh
Traveler

Return to Plotting The Story [OOC]