Out of darkness, into the Light (OOC)

~ This is our OOC forum for the Stories of Tonan play-by-post roleplay game. Information about characters, ideas for how to take the plot.. etc go in here.

Moderators: Staff, Roleplay Staff

Topheh
Traveler
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: ThePheonix

Re: Out of darkness, into the Light (OOC)

Post by Topheh » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:04 am

Indeed. Probably was better because the internet was gone :D

Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Post by Rhoslyn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Hope that post as Therese was ok, let me know if you want anything changed
"Cut. Burned. Poisoned. Welcome to Defiance"

Sikil
Traveler

Post by Sikil » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:04 pm

it's scary is that I don't remember posting last night and actually had to read my own post to find out wtf was happening with Larit.

Like the intro to Therese, Rhos. *claps hands in appreciation*
"The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully."
Stolen Sun Studios

Aeyliea
Explorer

Post by Aeyliea » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:16 am

Basically what I expected from you, Rhos. I can do plenty of shit....er, I can weave that into the story rather nicely, I think. Just in time to spice the story up even more.

And I've had nights like that Sikil lol Beer is good for you!
Now nimble fingers, that dance on numbers / Will eat your children and steal your thunder;
While heavy torsos that heave and hurl / will crunch like nuts in the mouth of squirrels.

Yeah, its Seska. Start running now, bitch.

Sikil
Traveler

Post by Sikil » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:08 pm

So Kaz drew up a rough map... where do figure we are right now in it? Just out of curiosity's sake.
"The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully."
Stolen Sun Studios

Aeyliea
Explorer

Post by Aeyliea » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:18 pm

I will have to look at the map. Eventually, when guilded game returns, this will be my homeland :D

I will post again tonight btw
Now nimble fingers, that dance on numbers / Will eat your children and steal your thunder;
While heavy torsos that heave and hurl / will crunch like nuts in the mouth of squirrels.

Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Post by Rhoslyn » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:04 am

Just to let people know, I'm away till sunday afternoon from now, got some personal stuff to see to.

Aeyliea
Explorer

Post by Aeyliea » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:22 am

You post that deliciousness, and then tease me by not being able to reply for four days. How absolutely and utterly vicious of you :D

Fortunately, I can work in circles sometimes, and squares and triangles too. i WILL demand a price in blood for this, though...

Aeyliea
Explorer

Post by Aeyliea » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:48 am

And so, to work around this problem, I have delayed any of MY charcters direct interactionm with her for a post. Which, of course, means I can crack the whip at everyone else.

Aren't I just so sweet and helpful. NOW WRITE!!!

Topheh
Traveler

Post by Topheh » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:38 am

*jumps*

Yes! Yes! Writing! Yes!

Aeyliea
Explorer

Post by Aeyliea » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:17 am

My next post following whoever makes the 60th post will be the point at which I split this thread into a new one. I realize it isn't necessary, but old habits die hard. Plus it will make it LOOK like there is more RP activity lol

The new thread will be Whispers of the Empire, and the thread afterwards will be Birth of an Empire. I now have a fairly good idea of what I am doing here, however it gets achieved :D

Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Post by Rhoslyn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:05 am

Well I am back, and trust me, if I could have not had this weekend to deal with I would be a great deal happier.

Anyway, having mocked my way through the British Olympic closing ceremony (I don't know why we did most of that, but hey we're British, we're allowed to be odd), it is now far too late for me to post. Will get stuff up tomorrow with a bit of luck

Kaz
Administrator
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz

Post by Kaz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:19 pm

[edit] Doh, posted in the wrong OOC thread. removed the stuff that has nothing to do with this one.

On the note of changing threads when you get to 60 posts. I'd get in the habit of changing somewhere between 50 and 80 posts, when the thread gives you a natural chapter break. Rather than cutting off midway through something in order to keep to an ancient rule that no longer really has meaning. Threads used to get 'glitchy' as they got longer, coding has come a long way since those days, and these boards work much better. Breaking up a thread to increase numbers of them, is good reason though, but we can make it so it suits the flow of the roleplay, rather than a regimented 60 posts.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

Aeyliea
Explorer

Post by Aeyliea » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:58 pm

Which is convenient, since we are about to hit one of those breaking points anyway.

Topheh
Traveler

Post by Topheh » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:31 pm

*chuckles*

Hopefully my edited post is better... my brain is recovering from a major graduation-related milestone yesterday, so its ability to post decently was severely hampered when I originally posted that!

Aeyliea
Explorer

Post by Aeyliea » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:03 am

Your turn Rhos~lol

Sikil
Traveler

Post by Sikil » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:15 am

I apologize if the dead child upsets anyone. I just realized that I didn't have it crying so had to come up with a reason why.
Stolen Sun Studios

Aeyliea
Explorer

Post by Aeyliea » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:54 am

Hardly. There was a post, way back when, that was force edited by mine that involved some much, much, MUCH more obscene material than that, involving dead babies. Thats mild :D

Sikil
Traveler

Post by Sikil » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:00 am

My first instinct was to write that part a lot darker but I pulled reigned that in. Not going to say what I was going to do, but let's just say when the wife read it, she told me that if I posted it, I would have to sleep on the couch lol
Stolen Sun Studios

Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Post by Rhoslyn » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Sorry for the delay, will write a post now. Been all over the place the last few days with sorting out selling my flat.

Return to “Plotting The Story [OOC]”