Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
In memory fallen warriors: Bo Ri Kat, Sartorious, Lady Urydie, Loupy, DarkWolf, Torkano/Voice Dax, Rathowen/Donovan, Lady Fury, Tekmet, Misty Moonlight
Moderator: Staff
-
Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
-
Contact:
Post
by Kaz » Mon May 23, 2011 7:50 pm
This was posted on Tempers Ball earlier today by Crynus
Just writing to let everyone know of another (probably somewhat more obscure) old timer that is leaving us.
Curtis Butterfield (known as Tekmet) suffered massive head trauma from a fall about 6 months ago and was taken off of life support a few days ago, he is currently in hospice care surrounded by his wife and family.
More info is here for those that care:
http://www.curtisbutterfield.com/
He was my AGM in The Epic Dynasty, The Eternal Dynasty, and was also a member of our group that joined 9Sages of Fate (9SF).
More importantly he was a good person, and a dear friend.
He was 36 years old, and is survived by his wife Sara, his daughter Clara (2) and many adoring family and friends.
Thanks,
Ryan (aka - Crynus)
EDITED
Tekmet passed away on may 29th
-
Nether
- Elessar
- Posts: 609
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
- Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
-
Contact:
Post
by Nether » Mon May 23, 2011 10:46 pm
I remember him, we are losing way to many good people. Prayers to his family.
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.
-
owly
- Sage
- Posts: 3084
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
- Location: stoned
-
Contact:
Post
by owly » Fri May 27, 2011 12:04 am
so young i wish the best for his family
i know what you said about my Momma
-
Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
-
Contact:
Post
by Kaz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:40 am
Looks like we missed an update on the website
Early morning, May 29, 2011, Curtis breathed his last breath.
.
R.I.P Tekmet
-
Nagash
- Master
- Posts: 2394
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am
Post
by Nagash » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:33 am
Sorry to hear it. Tekmet was a nice person.
My sympathy to his family.
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
-
Stryfe
- Lost Soul
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:31 am
Post
by Stryfe » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:42 am
R.I.P

Was a good guy
-
Ryloc
- Lost Soul
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:42 pm
Post
by Ryloc » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:40 am
Condolences to his family and the community as well.
Tek will live on forever in his own way. Godspeed.
Monarchy The Black Hand
Canon Maxim GM NV- Nyamafu Vurumai
/Intemptesta Nox\ Co-GM with Sartorious
Misses all you guys and gals.
~Salutes~
--Ryloc
-
Calis
- Leto's Best
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:16 am
Post
by Calis » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:52 am
Oh, damn..I didn't know about this

I had the honor of having tekmet and his group of friends playing for me back in the days of 100k built realms in Maxim...back when divine light was still a small guild, he was a huge part of our success. I remember many many conversations after warchats about all those kinds of topics that his wife said he loved to talk about.
Guess I'll never get to take him up on the free ink he promised me if I ever made it down to Illinois...heh
rest in peace old buddy, thanks for the memories)
(here's a good article about it -
http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco/di ... ?id=546179)
-
Oriana
- Lost Soul
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:46 pm
- Location: Somewhere I Belong
Post
by Oriana » Thu May 29, 2014 2:36 am
Sweet sleep Tekmet....
My heart goes out to his family & friends, no matter how much time goes by it's still never enough to heal all the hurt.

My Heart... My Soul... lies within the Dragonhand
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest