- General Rules for the Message Boards (this post)
- Terms of Service for website accounts on monarchygame.com
- Roleplay Rules
This is a PG-13 rated board system. We do allow the discussion of more adult topics, however the following rules will be enforced.
- Abusive or disruptive behaviour is not permitted. Such behaviour includes Harassment (threatening or causing distress or inconvenience to any person or people) and Trolling (saying deliberately provocative things just to stir up trouble).
- No racism, pornography, hacking/warez, or other unethical discussion or content.
- Extreme vulgarity and/or sexually explicit topics may be edited and/or removed at the Moderators' discretion.
- Please be cautious of thread-jacking. Thread-Jacking is defined as purposely taking a thread off topic, Moderators will split the 'jacked' content out into its own appropriately named thread, at their discretion. Excessive thread-jacking may result in a warning. This will also be left up to the Moderators' discretion.
- Topics involving politics, religion, sexuality or other such controversial topics should be made in the Debates and Rants forum.
- If you see a post which you find offensive, please use the built in reporting system by clicking on "Report Post" and allow a Moderator to deal with the situation.
- Think before you post, and try and have fun. If you are not having fun, chances are anything you post will ruin the fun of others.
- All posts must be written in English, posts in other languages (unless accompanied by an English translation) will be deleted as spam.
- All posts which have been made to advertise an external website or service will be deleted as spam, along with the account that posted them. If you would like to promote a website, product or service, please get in contact with an administrator who may open a thread for you at their discretion. The only exception to this rule is when advertising your game or roleplay in our guest-friendly advertising forum.
These rules may be edited and changed at any time. If you wish to contact a member of the staff, then please do so through Private Messages.
We usually operate a three strikes rule, however, in the case of account created just to spam, this rule is suspended in favour if an instant IP ban. This rule may also be suspended at the discretion of the administrators.
Possible Sanctions Include
- 3-6 hour cool down ban - These will be issued if it seems like a member of the community might end up getting themselves a more serious ban. They can be issued by any moderator who feels that doing so is in the best interests of the community or the player.
- 7 day Ban - Usually reserved for minor offences or first time offenders.
- Permanent Ban - For major rule breaking, repeat offenders or for creating an alternative account to circumvent a ban. Note: using a friends account to circumvent a ban may result if your friend also receiving a ban.
We will only delete accounts from Monarchs Glen that have zero posts. If an account has posted then it cannot be deleted in order to retain the integrity of threads it has posted in. We will also not rename a username after it has posted. The only exception to this rule would be accounts that have been created to spam the boards. These will generally be deleted, but only after all posts made by the spam account have been removed.
Last Edited : Feb 14th 2013