Exerpt from days gone by

~ Short Stories, Roleplay, Poetry, Artwork etc.

Moderators: Staff, Roleplay Staff

Exerpt from days gone by

Postby Crom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:03 am

Originally posted in 1999 on Monarchy as I think one of the pre-cursor RP texts when we were creating the '4th Goddess'. We spent one age as Angelique, becoming the Undone. I didn't remove any of the original board coding.

-------------------------

Brendyl stood, eyes closed and naked, on the beach. The wind swirled around his body, causing his hair to flow about. A fine mist from the ocean coats his frame with a light dew. The waves lapped at his feet, encircling them as the water crawled up the coastline, only to fall back to the ocean. The moonlight seemed to spotlight the lone figure on the beach, giving him the stage.

Brendyl, still with his eyes closed, fell to his knees.

[blue]
Can you feel it?
[/blue]

Yes. I feel something...

[blue]
Those are the powers of the earth, moon and water. They are the powers that all druids draw their strength from.
[/blue]

The waves continued to splash against Bren's body. Still, he knelt, unmoving and eyes closed.

[blue]
While the magic of this realm is drawn from the powers of each of the Gods, and the clerical abilities draw from the blessings of those same Deities, the druid is special. We draw our strength from Olandar's very creation. Everything you can sense has power. All the elements can stem a source of energy that you will learn to tap in to.
[/blue]

Brendyl sank deeper in thought. His head now arched upwards, as if looking to the skies from his closed eyes. His hair was now wet and clinging to his face. He began to take deep, steady breaths.

It is getting stronger...

[blue]
Yes. Your mind is sinking deeper in to the plane of which the mana, or raw energy flows. That is what you must use to draw the powers of the druid. That is how the Ancients weld magic. The followers of Olandar learned to draw forth from their surroundings. Although Olandar is now dead, through his creation the magic still lives.
[/blue]

Will it ever disappear?

[blue]
As long as trees continue to grow, water continues to pour from the sky, and life continues to procreate, the magic will be there.
[/blue]

Brendyl could now see the mana, although his eyes were shut. It was like a stream of colours; all the colours that one could imagine. Everything had an aura of mana around it. It swirled and drifted on the wings of the air. It splashed and flowed within the water. Even the sand he knelt in was alive with the mana.

[blue]
You see it. It is everything you can touch and feel. Elan is unseen. It is a gift from each God to their followers as an aid. Mana, on the other hand courses freely, unseen to all but a select few.
[/blue]

This is...breathtaking. Are there others that can see it?

[blue]
Only the druids can. Your grandfather, Creath, was the last of the Ancients that followed Olandar. He was not our blood, but raised me as his own. When he passed, I was the last...so I thought. There are others, however, Scattered among the population. There are very few, but they do exist.
[/blue]

Bren continued to watch in awe at the flow of colours. It was like an oil paining come to life. The colours were so vivid, so bright. The imagination of the greatest artist could not create such a view. Bren turned his head towards the moon. There, he saw an image of Shiola, bound and bleeding. Her wracked body was but a shell of what she was. His eyes immediately opened. The colours vanished to leave an open sky, the moon and Brendyl...alone.

[blue]
What is it, son?
[/blue]

The spectre that only Brendyl could see moved to his son. Brendyl gathered his clothes and started to put them on.

Shiola...

[blue]
Son...you must gather the strength to continue. You must see what her true strength is and learn from it. Her body can be healed. It is her spirit that keeps her going, and so it too must keep you going. If you should interfere before it is time, it could kill her. We all must go through our own trials. There are things we must face alone.
[/blue]

So I watch as they kill her? Do nothing?

[blue]
And what is it you would do? Fight hundreds of guards? Fight through a crowd of peasants and nobles that would wish to see you tortured beside her? Die needlessly and possibly kill her in the process?
[/blue]

But...

[blue]
When Shiola is at her weakest, she will become her strongest. Only then can she wield the Shadowbrand. Only then will she truly become The Paladin.
[/blue]

Brendyl sighed. With those final words Crom's image faded. Brendyl returned to his quarters to get what few hours of sleep he possibly could before having to witness the ninth day of torture.
This space for rent.
Crom
Lost Soul

Re: Exerpt from days gone by

Postby Crom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:07 am

Brendyl had travelled for months, aimlessly. He roamed from town to towm, trying to ease the sufferings of war..yet it did little to end his own suffering. He had no direction, no answers to the many questions that plagued his thoughts and invaded his dreams. So on this night, Brendyl once again slept under the stars, with nothing but his small possesions. This night would be different, however.

[blue]
Child...
[/blue]

Who?

[blue]
Interesting question. Who am I...or who are you? I am sure both questions are in your mind.
[/blue]

Brendyl opened his eyes and looked up. The beauty he saw before him brought tears to his eyes. Not physical beauty, although the vision was indeed lovely, but an auora of such divine magnificance that one could not help but weep.

[blue]
You are more than you know. You have the power to change lives forever, as did your father. I see his strength and will within you.
[/blue]

You knew my father? Who is he? Where can I find him?

[blue]
Easy, child. Not all answers can come from simple questions. There is much more you need to know, learn and understand before everything can become clear. I knew your father well. He was one of Monarchy's finest. That much I can tell you. The rest, you must learn on your own.
[/blue]

How? I do not even know where I am going. I am lost.

[blue]
Do you have a place that you are going?
[/blue]

No...

[blue]
To be lost, you must have a destination, not only in travels, but in life also. You need to find your destination before you can find your guide to reach it. There are those that you must seek. They need your help, just as you need theirs. Together you will have the power to overcome much, but the road is not easy. Seek those called The Undone. Your road starts there. Now sleep, you need rest before your journies. Sleep well, child...sleep well.
[/blue]

Even as he tried to ask more questions, Brendyl found himself drifting asleep. The woman began to fade from the sky. Just as he was falling, the name of the woman echoed in his mind, soft and soothing.

I am Lady Oleana, The Gypsy Queen.
This space for rent.
Crom
Lost Soul

Re: Exerpt from days gone by

Postby Dreck » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:37 am

Peek a boo
Angelique
Open for business
Scummer
Scouting your kingdom since the beginning of time
Dreck