Et Gaalor Mun Daal: The Immortal Prophecy

~ Short Stories, Roleplay, Poetry, Artwork etc.

Moderators: Staff, Roleplay Staff

Et Gaalor Mun Daal: The Immortal Prophecy

Postby I Am... » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:08 pm

Gack! It began this way, a gasp in the darkness that first intake of air breathing in oxygen like a new born crying blind and terrified after its mucus plug is unceremoniously ejected by a painful smack to its backside. I breathe...The impenetrable darkness usually caused by the fleshy eye lids crusted and closed over untrained eyes fearful to open to an unknown world. However unlike a newborn his eyes when he finally opened them still saw the same darkness as when they were closed. Terrifying as this was it was inconsequential at the moment. His mind still raced at his first revelation; that being he had taken a breath.

Little by little in the darkness he flexed muscles that had been left unused for years. How long? First his fingers. He winced in pain as his knuckles cracked when he attempted to close his hand into a fist. Open and close, he moved the stiff digits until the cracking stopped and the stiffness subsided. He followed suit with his arms and elbows. It was then he realized he was in a very confined space when he attempted to stretch his arms out and his elbows banged on unseen walls next to him. Probing his fingers upward also proved there was a barrier in front of him mere inches from his face. He proceeded to feel his chest and body as best he could. His fingers felt a soft material that covered him. Unlike a newborn he was clothed. He moved the delicate fingers up to his face and felt the smooth lines, dry lips. He felt up to his head feeling long hair that was still soft. Who am I?

He shook his head at the question; none of that mattered at the moment. He was trapped in a dark small space. He tested the barrier in front of his with his hands to see if he could move it. He strained and gasped, his tired atrophied muscles screaming back in agony. He closed his eyes and relaxed. The only thing he had at the moment was his mind and he intended to use it.
I Am...
Newbling

Re: Et Gaalor Mun Daal: The Immortal Prophecy

Postby I Am... » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:15 pm

I am aware... As he lay in complete silence with only his thoughts and mind he started his logical thought process with a principle and fundamental truth. Previously he was not aware; in fact he should be nothing at this very moment let alone aware. He quickly surmised while that fact was something of important consequence at some point it did not help him in his current situation.

He felt around some more and on his right his hand felt something smooth and polished. Wood. He did not know where the word came from. A few moments ago he felt as simple and unaware as a newborn babe but now traces of past knowledge returned to him. He placed his hand around the item and with a suddenness as quick as death his tiny world filled with light.
I Am...
Newbling

Re: Et Gaalor Mun Daal: The Immortal Prophecy

Postby I Am... » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:10 am

Surprise, shock and awe would have been the appropriate responses to what just occurred. However to him it felt...expected, although he was not sure why. The item he held seemed to be a plain oaken staff, polished to a sheen. Atop the staff sat a blue crystal that was emitting the light that now illuminated his small world. Once his eyes adjusted he scanned his immediate area. All he saw in front of him was black stone. Onyx. He furrowed his eyebrows unsure why the word came to him but he was certain he was correct. He could now see he was dressed in fine velvet black robes and he what he was laying upon was white silk cushions. His eyes narrowed. A tomb...my tomb.

Initially he felt a brief sensation of panic but it quickly subsided replaced by another sensation, one that ran through his very veins like wildfire. He could feel it coursing through him like liquid fire. Igniting his very senses filling him with warmth but also the need to be unleashed. I have power...
I Am...
Newbling

Return to Creative Corner