Old Players Area (OPA)

~ New to the community? Come say hi.

Moderator: Staff

Re: Old Players Area (OPA)

Postby Aruara » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:12 pm

Not sure Kaz,that quote is from a guild script Maliki gave me, i'm assuming/ assumed they where yes.

I'm not sure what game that would've been though without being able to contact Rob martin (Maliki).
You ain't seen me right!?
Aruara
Lost Soul

Postby Gili » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:16 am

1990 seems very early internet, but still possible i guess :)
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Gili
Community Admin

Postby Aruara » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:39 am

Having recently found my login details for an old ICQ account, I was wondering whether current players remembered any of these old school players;

Korolath
Aventhor the Hung ... Was from one of the very first "Guilds" guilds I joined, and a top bloke!
Blackdragon ... 'Ye Olde BD' First met BD in the same guild i met Athenthor, we also played together in Inverness
Bloodknight ...
Calis
Cujo
DarkSied
Decae .... No idea who he was .... lol
Kalmaar ... Don't think we where ever in the same guild, but had plenty of fun scouting and raiding
Lorenc ... Inverness I think but might well be the same player as the Dustball contact or Moonshasdow, nice girl.
Seska Dragon Slayer ... Damn good GM... great player!
Slurpy
Nagash ... Good old Nags :)

Just a few of the many that don't seem to use ICQ anymore.... lol
Aruara
Lost Soul

Postby Gili » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:49 am

Seska was still running a guild until midway through this age, suffering a lot of RL hassles so taking a break(or possibly playing on the quiet )

Naggie-poo has gone very quiet on the boards, will give him a poke on MSN
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Gili
Community Admin

Postby Kaz » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:20 am

Don't know what happened to Korolath he got banned occasionally left and came back a lot, and seemed to think that everybody hated him. I let him join one of my guilds once, but couldn't deal with his negativity and ended up booting him. He'd be more than welcome to return as far as I'm concerned.

I saw the name Aventhor, but I'm not sure what other names he went under, nor what happened to him. Same goes for Blackdragon.

Calis and Bloodknight are registered as members of this site, Calis was around in Feb when we opened guilds and is a member of our facebook group. Bloodknight apparently popped in on occassion between 2010 and 2011 although didn't post.

Not sure who Cujo and DarkSied were.

Decae pops by on occassion

I don't recall having seen Kalmaar around for years, although he is a member of our facebook group

Lorenc - If I remember right - was Killer. He was a valued member of some of my guilds. No idea what happened to him, haven't seen him around for years.

On a side note, Dustball is around and was in SW, then TFC.

Seska was the GM of Empire up until a short while ago playing under a new name.

Slurpy, I'm not sure I remember

Nagash is still about.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Aruara » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:46 pm

I think Seska was one of the best GMs I played with with out a shadow of a doubt, when he was focused, and Lorenc was as you say dependable, reliable and very able.

Its nice to know Dustball is still around too met her in Inverness with Blackdragon, Imunea and Imancarrot.

Corrot I think was a lot like Korolath, got banned a few times for drunken rants at Sole Demon or Decae but was a fantastic scummer in all honesty but unpredictable after 10 pm GMT ... lol
Aruara
Lost Soul

Postby Silverwolfe » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:33 am

Him im silverwolfe.... I dont remember my first guild. I prefered playing ug and irritating peoples. .im not really old tho... was 13 when I started playing here I think... what was it... 15 years? Is the game that old?
invictus maneo

Brandon Sean Johnson
Silverwolfe
Wayfarer

Postby Aeropagitica » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi Silverwolfe. Welcome back. I was playing in 2000, and I wasn't with the first generation, so I expect it was 15 years ago or so.
VIVA NIR!
Aeropagitica
Explorer

Postby Dalker » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:38 am

Holy crap, i can't believe i found this game again, brings me back to college days 15 something years ago. already told phadraig and others i found it. couldn't find the equivalent of turmoil though?
Dalker
Newbling

Postby Kaz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:11 am

Welcome Back.

Domination is probably the closest equivalent to Turmoil, but you get 4 kingdoms rather than 8. We simply don't have the player-base to support an equivalent for every game type we've have before.

Although having said that, I don't see any reason why we couldn't open a debate in the domination forum regarding expanding it from a 4 kingdom game to an 8 kingdom game, there's nothing stopping you creating 2 ranked quads instead of just one.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Dalker » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:28 am

cool, don't really get the quad thing yet but i will. weird to see your name again kaz, i am just trying to remember all the nuiances of building again much less quads. with 4 cities you are done playing pretty quickly. should have some more friends that used to play sign up over the next couple of days.
Dalker
Newbling

Postby Kaz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:05 pm

A Quad is basically an upgrade (in some ways) to the alliances system. Your quad gets a name and shortname (like a guild) and has it's own ranking screen. Essentially Quads are small guilds limited to 4 members.

If you add 2 kingdoms in bloodbath and 2 in guilds, plus 1 massacre kingdom, you can end up spending a LOT of time playing. That 1 massacre kingdom (in the right scenario) can add up to far more time playing than you'd ever get from 8 turmoil/castaway kingdoms.

If you've got a few friends coming back, you could each pick different faiths in massacre and essentially play non-stop. In massacre you get all the turns you're going to get at the very start (7500 turns initially and 4500 on restarts). You only get more turns by dying and restarting, or by killing another kingdom (or NPC) and claiming their turns as a bounty.

The game is essentially king-of-the-hill and if there is someone else online to kill you (preferably several someone else's), can be pretty mental.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Dreck » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:01 pm

I was so young when I started playing that I had to wake up at night and sneakingly dial up to the internet to play and I'm sure I got caught since there is no way to avoid the sound it makes when your'e connecting. The computer was in the living room. It was just great to login since my dad set the password. I guessed it and succeeded.The internet was just out and cyberspace was as close as I can get to feeling free like I was in space. My kingdom was something I held dear to me. The game had a ridiculous amount of players and posters. Nowadays there is kids that are on xbox who connect and play when they want with voice and video and say, hear, see, or show nasty stuff on there. I am thankful for my restrictions then.
Angelique
Open for business
Scummer
Scouting your kingdom since the beginning of time
Dreck
Wayfarer

Postby Dalker » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:53 pm

played massacre, didn't see how you get turns out of attacking, I killed an npc but never saw a turn transfer, or is it just the turns you get at the start
Dalker
Newbling

Postby Dalker » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:54 pm

lol, I remember those netzero days of dialup!
Dalker
Newbling

Postby Kaz » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Dalker wrote:played massacre, didn't see how you get turns out of attacking, I killed an npc but never saw a turn transfer, or is it just the turns you get at the start

Check out this thread that's in NPA, it's a guide to the different nav icons and where they take you.

http://www.monarchygame.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1379

Turns (or a few other bounty options) can be claimed after a kill, using the bounty screen.

This is the icon for the bounty screen

Kaz
Administrator

Postby Zathrus » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Another old fart, back to see how everyone is doing! Zathrus here, for those that remember me. Those who do, wonderful to see you all! Those who don't, ah well it's always good to meet new people. I hope everyone's been well!
Someone call the WHAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!!!

WHAM, bam, thank you Ma'am!
Zathrus
Lost Soul

Postby Dalker » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:04 am

Welcome back, don't remember you but good to get more people playing again.

Kaz-sorry to beat a dead horse! but if you start a quad and have full alliances can someone join that quad. I see quads available to join and when the guy hits accept invitation, I don't get accepted just goes back to saying apply to quad.
Dalker
Newbling

Postby Kaz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:13 am

Dalker, dealing with bug reports is always a lot easier if you post them in the appropriate place. I'm more likely to see them quicker. I've added your report to this thread and will post in there once I've looked into it, or if I need more info to work out what's wrong.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Phadraig » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Blast from the past for sure. Glad to be back and started up a few kingdoms. TNE and Inverness were my old guilds I believe but can't recall for sure........
Phadraig
Newbling

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions