Old Players Area (OPA)

~ New to the community? Come say hi.

Moderator: Staff

Re: Old Players Area (OPA)

Postby Zathrus » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Inverness was my old stomping grounds WAY back when I started to play. I miss Mo'Pri and all the fine individuals who played it. I spent a solid few years with that guild, working my way from peon to eventually GM. Hell of a time, right there!
Someone call the WHAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!!!

WHAM, bam, thank you Ma'am!
Zathrus
Lost Soul

Postby Phadraig » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:18 am

Indeed it was Z. I miss the old crew!
Phadraig
Newbling

Postby Leif » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:30 am

I remember you two's!! Are ya'll gonna come play, or just pokin in for a visit?
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Leif
RAGE >.<

Postby Zathrus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:50 am

Sure :) I already have a guilds kingdom set up, may do another. Don't know enough about the other game modes yet to decide if I want to try one of them. Don't know if I'll set my own guild up or join another. We'll see.

Zathrus
Lost Soul

Postby Phadraig » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:38 am

I have started up a few kingdoms Leif and hoping more people do the same. Z let me know if you get a guild going.
Phadraig
Newbling

Postby Kaz » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:42 am

you've arrived at a good time, reset is due is the next few days.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Zathrus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Phadriag, it's good to see you again dude! Leif and Kaz and the lot whom I remember fondly from this game. For anyone who might be crusty with dust and not know me as Zathrus, I've also played as Galthirbane, as well as Polgareth (for a while it was Polgaria, until I got tired of being called 'Lady Pol'. I was not incredibly inventive then, but give me a break I was 15!)

God damn, I was 15. Fifteen freakin years ago. I met one of my longest-time friends thought this game, one certain Ferly. He keeps me apprised of things from time to time when he visits me once a year or so. I don't know if he still plays or just lurks. I've never actually asked him for some reason.

Pha -yes, I'm going to be getting a guild going. It will be Leto, and I'm bringing back WHAM. I am, however, toying with the idea of changing it to BAMF. I'm having to rewrite the charter entirely from scratch so who knows where I'll go with it. You and anyone else is of course invited to join up. I'll need some help considering it's been......well over 5 years since I've played this game and I'm sure that things have changed. Took me a solid 15 minutes to get used to the icons that used to just be names you click for various pages around the kingdom site.

I know this is still a small place, where most everyone knows each other. I'm happy to stand back into those ranks again, I should have done so long ago. I won't lie, WoW sucked me in for a few years of my life that I'll never have back, and my PS3 is probably my best friend in all the world except my dog (and that's questionable). But I look forward to playing with you lot again. I'm out on medical leave from work for another month before I can go back, so I should have plenty of time to tinker with things.

Thanks for welcoming me back with open arms :)

Zathrus
Lost Soul

Postby Kaz » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Zathrus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Kaz, I love you. 'Nuff said. Thank you for digging those out for me. I'll reread the old charter and if it's still to my liking, I'll use it. I'm about 3 pages into the new one tho xD

Zathrus
Lost Soul

Postby Zathrus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:02 pm

It would seem that the charter requires some changes. This is after DG took over for me once I left, and Aria was still listed as AGM, and it was a guild of Barnabas. I'll have either a revised version or an entirely new one by the end of the day today. I realize the age is about to end, but I'd like to get this ball rolling as soon as I possibly can. Thank you again for the links!

Zathrus
Lost Soul

Postby Zathrus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Geez, I feel like a spammer. Guild charter amended and sent in. Thank you very much for digging that out for me Kaz, it made things a lot easier than rewriting the whole thing (although I was about 20% into it already!). I know it's the end of the age, but I'd like to make a home for WHAM again if possible, so that people know where to look when the new age starts. Thank you all again for the warm welcome home!

Zathrus
Lost Soul

Postby Leif » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Good stuff guys! Always good to see some old faces, I just came back around over the summer myself. Look forward to seeing you guys impact next age :D
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Leif
RAGE >.<

Postby Phadraig » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Nice Z. You up and running? I will start a kingdom in guilds shortly.
Phadraig
Newbling

Postby Kaz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Zathrus wrote:Geez, I feel like a spammer. Guild charter amended and sent in

I just wanted to double-check that you'd read what came up on screen during the guild creation process, rather than just assumed it was all the same as it used to be and skipped the text??

Guild creation is currently not moderated, I currently don't see a reason to as I'll be reworking the whole system at some point. So if you submitted a guild, then it was auto-accepted and can be retrieved immediately.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Zathrus » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Well sure feel smrt. I did seem to gloss over that, so used to the old ways and all. Was sitting there wondering why it was taking so long to have someone authorize it. It is up for all those concerned, just let me know who you are and we'll get rolling. Thanks, once again Kaz....especially this time for showing me my nose in front of my own face!

Zathrus
Lost Soul

Postby Ocelot » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Hello everyone. I wandered back here and decided to start a Guild Kingdom and damnit if I'm not hooked again. BUT, where the heck did everyone go ? There are like 7 Guilds. What did I miss ? I see about 3 or 4 people I remember but I've been gone foooorrrreeevvveerr.
~OCELOT~
THE RED RANKS
Ocelot
Lost Soul

Postby Kaz » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:18 am

There have been a lot of reasons for the reduction in player-base over the years.

The move from Monarchy to Canon, the move from Canon to Monarchy, the pay-to-pay era, the removal of the RP requirements in Maxim, the closure of Maxim, the merging of the guilded games, going several years with no guilded game at all, dustin not making changes to the core game, me making changes to the core game.

In the end we're in a bit of a bad place, but having said that, the game itself is in a pretty good state (feature-wise), and we're getting closer to it 'looking' nice. I'm hoping that improving the game itself will do the job of slowly bringing players back for long enough to increase the player-base once more, rather than just keep it steady-ish.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Ocelot » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:43 pm

Kaz I gotta say the game seems terrific. I was always a huge fan of the Guilds game. It does feel odd to be able to have 2 kingdoms but I would imagine that is needed with the reduction in players. It was also good to see the 3 original Gods back. I can't remember what they were changed too back when I stopped playing, but nothing felt right other than being a Barnie.
~OCELOT~
THE RED RANKS
Ocelot
Lost Soul

Postby Mauhura » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:36 am

Ocelot wrote:...nothing felt right other than being a Barnie.

I remember that one! *throws bones out* Ocelot is mine fer the Redz.
Keep back you heathen scum! ;>

*gets whispered at by her oldassoldmangoblinkoboldthingHorance, "Maz!*hackcoughmumblespitzzz* deyz dun bidz or claimz umz no morez.

aww *snickerzHACCCCCCCCCKKKKKK*COUGH*
welcome back!
Hail C'HaraH!
HHG - Long Live Papa Goblin!

-TRR- (he said I could keep it)
Mauhura
Lost Soul

Postby Kain » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:42 am

Sooooo, who wants this guy in your guild? If you can come remotely close to a venus lapdance, I'll kick some arse for yer guild, haha. Long time no see all, now who needs some help?
Education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
TDoD~SAO~TEW~SW~DIE, here is to the memory of bygone days.
Kain
Wayfarer

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions