Hi there, everybody!

~ New to the community? Come say hi.

Moderator: Staff

Hi there, everybody!

Postby Blaze Draconis » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:27 am

Good Evening All!

Just wanted to send a friendly hello! Was beginning to have old Monarchy/Canon/Evernight flashbacks and just been reminiscing tonight. I was saddened to hear of a few more who are no longer alive. Yet it is still good to see some old faces and names.

My memory is not what it used to be, and its been years since I've been here. I'm one of the old coots from the Monarchy Gold era.

As my life has changed and having been married three years now, I understand the sacrifice my hounds did for me in all the guild wars we had, and the number of wives that probably hated my guts for keeping their husbands up so late :)

But, all in all, those were some of the best years of my life and made many friends. Thanks for keeping this game alive. If I had the time, I'd love to jump back in once again. Perhaps if a guilds version is ever made, you may once again hear the howl of the hounds!

~Blaze Draconis
Alpha of the Dogs of War
~Blaze Draconis
Alpha of the Dogs of War
"Cry havoc and let slip the Dogs of War!"
Blaze Draconis
Lost Soul

Re: Hi there, everybody!

Postby Maverick » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Welcome back!

There currently is a version of the game called "Quad" which is a smaller version of guilds and is helping Kaz to update the game.

Feel free to try it out.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

http://www.Flapship.com
Maverick
Explorer

Postby Jokingjoe » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Greets!
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Blaze Draconis » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Thanks for the welcome back, Mav and Jokingjoe.

I'm not sure on my time availability at the moment :( But I think I may try out the quads.

Now to try and remember my build strategy and how to play the game :?

Do you know if the game can be played on a cell?
~Blaze Draconis
Alpha of the Dogs of War
Blaze Draconis
Lost Soul

Postby Nether » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:48 am

Finally a name I at least recognize, welcome back.

I don't think the game can be played by cellphone
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.
Nether
Elessar

Postby Jokingjoe » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:34 am

eh..it can be, but certain functions, like the alliances menu, are hard to manage.
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Kaz » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:03 pm

The game 'should' function using a mobile, although it's not been optimised for it. With exception to the new menu, the screens are all identical to early canon, which was simple and designed to work with webTV.

The new menu now have Main, Township, Offer, Command Tent, Barracks, Foreign Affairs and Options rather than links to every screen at once.

Command Tent, Barracks Foreign Affairs and Options, all have a secondary menu of screens under them, that use javascrip to show up, but you should still be able to access sub screens without javascript with an extra page load.

Command Tent lists your scribes, news and war status, and includes links to War, Sorcery, Scum and your kingdom Banner.

Barracks, doesn't actually do anything as a screen, except for include links to its sub screens, Hire, Training, Downsize and Alliances

Foriegn Affairs, is better known now as the bounty screen. It's where you can claim Turns, Elan, Cash, or Land from kingdoms you kill, assuming bounties are on.

Options, like Barracks doesnt actually have anything other than links to its sub screens. Load / Save, Preferences, Leave NPP and Restart. Load/Save enables you to load saved builds instead of building during NPP. Leave NPP and Restart are actually the same screen. Logout doesnt have a link, but it's also the same screen as leave npp and restart

Let me know if it doesnt work on a mobile, and i'll see if there is anything i can do about it, without the same partial recode FB will require, which is looking more and more like a requirement if this place will ever thrive again.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Blaze Draconis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Works great on my cell! Even posting with it :-)

Just may not be as quick as a computer access in terms of typing in data.

Who'd have thunk playing Monarchy on a cell....lol. Could you imagine doing guild wars with these?!?
~Blaze Draconis
Alpha of the Dogs of War
Blaze Draconis
Lost Soul

Postby Jokingjoe » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:52 pm

ugh..sounds daunting.
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Blaze Draconis » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:24 pm

whohoo! Found my old icon. Now we're back in business. Though I did like the last one I was borrowing from the custom made ones for the site.
~Blaze Draconis
Alpha of the Dogs of War
Blaze Draconis
Lost Soul

Postby bandit » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Hey blaze, you know me>? i know you. lol

Hows life treating you?
_Nagash_ wrote:
The meaning of life is, make the road to death one big party.

RIP Dark Wolf, you will be missed my friend.
Crabs are a delicacy, but not when in your pants.
bandit
Traveler

Postby stainless » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:46 pm

monarchy on phones. gold!!!!
Ive been playing 80% of the time on my phone. the only time I switch the laptop on to play is when I'm attacking. at least you can cut and past info onto sticky notes, and have a few kingdoms open at once,,, quads for example. I love bein able to check my kingdom where ever I am.

welcome back mate. its always good to see people return.
WARRIOR of LETO
LIBERATE
Quad

Its not the size of the man that matters, its the size of the fight in the man the counts!
stainless
Traveler

Return to Introductions