Am I in the right place?

~ New to the community? Come say hi.

Moderator: Staff

Am I in the right place?

Postby Jarlaxlbotraboreali » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi there,

I've been looking for a game from my past, and I think I may have found it.

While I do remember enjoying this game immensely...that's about all I remember. I was hoping the community could help me out.

I played a game in the late nineties called Monarchy which focused on growing a kingdom and using it to destroy your enemies, much like this one seems to be.

I remember being an officer in charge of role-playing, all of which was done through forum posts. I believe the guild leader was Raven, or Lady Raven...something like that.

Oh, and I remember using Treants or werebears for defense...or possibly assault.

I realize it's not much to go on, but if sounds familiar at all please let me know.

The not knowing has been driving me nuts for a few years now.

Thanks
Jarlaxlbotraboreali
Newbling

Re: Am I in the right place?

Postby Kaz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:32 am

Welcome back, I seem to remember the username Jarlax.

The Treants and werebears were a couple of the options available to kingdoms that picked Centaur for the race. They have subsequently been renamed to make the centaur troops a little more suitable for the centaur name, but you're definitely in the right place.

The game has seen better days, but it's not quite dead yet. I am actually in the process of getting artwork done to try and finally make the game look better, and hopefully that will help keep people playing.

There is a brief summary of what happened over the years here
http://www.monarchygame.com/gameinfo.php
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Return to Introductions