Blue falls like tears from the sky~ {Everyone versus Angie}

~ OOC forums for the Guilds version of the Classic game.
Please be courteous while posting and observe the forum rules.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Re: Blue falls like tears from the sky~ {Everyone versus Ang

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Fri May 17, 2013 2:14 pm

31 vs. 19

I am asking for peace. I am wondering if FEL wants to as well, but since all attempts at contacting Mickal have failed, I am just asking for Gatekeepers.

You have won. Congratulations. I also noticed everyone has stopped attacking and instead just burns our kingdoms out, hoping to immobilize us. This is not an entertaining war. So, we are requesting peace from Barnabas and Leto.

If G has to do it individually with each guild, forget it and we can all play Solo for the rest of the age, if we play at all.

My thoughts on this war: You declared as two faiths against one, weak. You had numerical advantages in every category, fail. I got to attack two poorly defended kingdoms, lame. Thanks to your 12+ members, you just burned us so we couldn't fight back, boring. So my final thoughts were, Angelique got gang banged by her brothers ... dirty, but a poor excuse for a war. It just seemed so petty.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers

Darnivan
Traveler

Post by Darnivan » Fri May 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Mickal hasn't had time to play the past couple weeks...so really we are 9 not 11...don't really have anyone in particular in charge atm either...

Gili
Community Admin

Post by Gili » Fri May 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Reylan Talonspyre wrote: My thoughts on this war: You declared as two faiths against one, weak. You had numerical advantages in every category, fail. I got to attack two poorly defended kingdoms, lame. Thanks to your 12+ members, you just burned us so we couldn't fight back, boring. So my final thoughts were, Angelique got gang banged by her brothers ... dirty, but a poor excuse for a war. It just seemed so petty.
Personal opinion: The age was done and won. I said as much in my first post in this thread. FEL / Angelique won the age. We could either build for a few weeks, and your guys would be bored to tears or we could strike. Thats it. This happened the same last age, except the Blues killed everyone

Personally as long as this doesn't turn into a bitch fest I'm happy for peace, but my guild is piddly one in this...so will respect Empires and TFC's opinion.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com

Calen
Lost Soul

Post by Calen » Fri May 17, 2013 4:13 pm

The Silver Wolves will be accepting peace, Reylan, and will be declaring a cease-fire against FEL. Posted on the banner 4pm game time.
“If you call one wolf, you invite the pack”
Silver Wolves

Kaz
Administrator
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz

Post by Kaz » Fri May 17, 2013 4:24 pm

We've not all been using sorcery for offensive actions. My visits to the sorcery screen have been for inspire and summon. I've been pretty much taking land as several Angelique kingdoms can attest ;p

Sorcery is a side effect of the sheer amount of forts in play, plus a little to do with the fact Aey is involved ;) At least you've got the option to restore this time around. It's not as if you're in a significantly worse state though, we've all got a very similar count in average built acres.

I can't speak for SW but I suspect that we'd give peace. I don't personally think it's fair to give peace to one guild and not the other though. I also don't think it would be fair for some of the guilds who attacked to give peace leaving others still in the fight.

In the end the numbers are in TFC and Empire and according to the scrolls you are still in the lead as a faith in pretty much every measure. If POO and SW dropped out now numbers would be equal but you'd have the advantage in every other field by a significant amount, so I guess that's not an option. I guess it's down to TFC and Empire.

This war is basically the war that would have happened when Angelique decided they were bored and did a faith sweep. Admittedly the faith to be swept got first strike this time, but I think this is the sort of thing to expect [in future faith wars] once the defending kingdoms from a faith sweep have had the chance to restore post-strike and regroup. Angelique are still on top, so giving peace ought to come with a guarantee that there will not be an Angie faith sweep later this age.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

Kaz
Administrator
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz

Post by Kaz » Fri May 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Looks like Calen posted while I was typing. I can't say that I agree with giving peace while allies are still at war, but he's the GM so I'll respect the ceasefire.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

Gili
Community Admin

Post by Gili » Fri May 17, 2013 4:28 pm

I defintely echo what Kaz says about the sorc and its requirement. It was a bit unfortunate of G to be caught up in this war really, as really it was FEL would have claimed the top ranks and had built for sometime. Some realms had > 5k forts which leaves you no choice but to burn/nuke. All my turns were certainly spent on sorc and scum.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Calen
Lost Soul

Post by Calen » Fri May 17, 2013 4:36 pm

The reasons I decided to go with peace even while our allies are still fighting are simple.

-G sued for peace and when we went up against them they agreed to our peace. It's only right to be me to accept it. Suing for peace is pretty much saying 'okay, you won.'
-Since FEL is saying they're leaderless, it wouldn't be right to continue attacking them as they have stated that its only 9 of their 11 members. It would be different if we smashed his kingdoms and he was able to govern from the side-lines till his restore was done
-with the numbers as they are right now, Empire and TFC can continue the war if they so choose

And mainly because we're still a small player base. Even if we don't respect the fact that they chose to be heathens, we have to respect that there is still a real person behind the name on the screen. I wanted this to be a learning experience as well as an incentive to drive more players here and not loose them (how many would rage-quit because they're constantly being bashed down even after suing for peace?). Maybe next age there will be more people playing, getting friends playing so that they can avenge what happened.

As for the sorcing, I agree with Gili and Kaz. With the amount of forts in the game, it has become a required strategy to sorc those forts so armies can march in.
“If you call one wolf, you invite the pack”
Silver Wolves

Gili
Community Admin

Post by Gili » Fri May 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Well put Calen :)

Mickal Redwater
Explorer

Post by Mickal Redwater » Fri May 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Just peeking in. ANyone in FEL can accept peace. As mentioned, i have not been on, nor do i plan on being on for a while.
Many crisises, and just can't muster it right now. I apologize to FEL and Angie! Didn't mean to abandon everyone, i will be back eventually!
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever

Aeyliea
Explorer

Post by Aeyliea » Fri May 17, 2013 9:48 pm

Oh.

I should have read the boards before exacting more punishment on people this afternoon....I am game for peace, we knocked a lot of you down hard though most of you will just restore back into top spots again. If all parties agree to it I will too.
Now nimble fingers, that dance on numbers / Will eat your children and steal your thunder;
While heavy torsos that heave and hurl / will crunch like nuts in the mouth of squirrels.

Yeah, its Seska. Start running now, bitch.

Gili
Community Admin

Post by Gili » Fri May 17, 2013 10:09 pm

As such I've posted cease fire on the POO banner. Once tfc confirm I'll switch peace

Darnivan
Traveler

Post by Darnivan » Fri May 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Aeyliea wrote:Oh.

I should have read the boards before exacting more punishment on people this afternoon....I am game for peace, we knocked a lot of you down hard though most of you will just restore back into top spots again. If all parties agree to it I will too.
I'm going to lose over 60k acres when I restore on my human kingdom, from 115k acres to 52k

Kensington
Lost Soul

Post by Kensington » Fri May 17, 2013 10:24 pm

Kensington lounged by the bar, supposedly the returning bar staff had cleared the vats of rats but he was still picking hairs out of his teeth. Somebody from the brewery was obviously having fun by naming their latest ale 'Rodents Revenge'.
The last few days had been quiet, Kensington had sent his best balaclaved( I am sure it is a word) men into the enemies kingdoms with a box of matches and chaos had ensued. Leto himself had appeared to Kensington in the after battle drink session.
So now Kensington nursed a hangover and nibbled on a bag of 'Rat tail scratchings', times were hard and he needed to show that he was feeling the pain of others. Although looking at Paul the Porter emerging from the toilet, the pain of haemorrhoids was not one of the things that had sprung to mind, or arse. Thankfully.
'My Lord'
Kensington turned around to see what was occurring.
'My Lord!'
Kensington aspied(this is definitlety a word!) a messenger. 'Yes out with it Lad, and don't dribble we just cleaned the floor'

The messenger fell to one knee ' Peace my Lord!'

Kensington swigged another mouthful of 'Rats Entrails'.

'A piece of what?' He replied.

The messenger pondered. 'No my Lord, PEACE!'

'Look man, there is no need to shout, what are those Angies offering a piece of?'

The messenger pondered more.

'Well my lord, a piece of the action!'

'Sounds good, are we talking dodgy papyrus, kinky clothing and hallucinogenic drugs?'

'Yes my Lord' answered the messenger.

'Well don't just sit there, tell them I'll have a piece of that!

'Yes my Lord, peace of course' and the messenger hastened off.

Stee Jans
Wayfarer

Post by Stee Jans » Fri May 17, 2013 11:26 pm

I will banner peace. However, I do not apologize for the war. I'm sorry you found it weak, Rey, and I respect your opinion. But it was the only option aside from rolling over to another age of Angelique dominance.

Good war. I would have been up for more bloodshed, but peace is also good. :)
The Red Ranks
Bringing gravitas to dick jokes since 2013

Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Sat May 18, 2013 12:41 am

Calen, I think you are a good GM and I am happy to be playing alongside of you. But none of us planned on rage quitting. :-)

Mikal, no problem man. Hope everything works out in RL.

Stee, I don't disagree that you had little choice. Nor was I requesting an apology. I don't believe it was the only option, but it was one that I call weak due to experience of your membership and the fact you HAD to have something to do with the planning of it. Hey, not everything is all blood and guts and the game has its ups and down for a lot of us. God knows Dauthi hates building. I personally like the war game, even if I am not very good at it.

But honestly, what was stopping Barnabas guilds allying together to target Gatekeepers or FEL?

What was keeping Leto from banding together to take on either of us?

We fought defensive wars all age and enjoyed it. It was difficult and fun. This was not fun. My opinion and one echoed from my membership, perhaps not all of it, but most. It is not unprecedented. Lets be honest, so much history and I am sure something like it has happened before.

Aeyliea, I don't disagree on the Restore thing. That is something unavoidable, unfortunately. Kaz is pretty smart though and he may think something up for next age or a few later. We will see. :-)
Last edited by Reylan Talonspyre on Sat May 18, 2013 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gatekeepers

Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Sat May 18, 2013 12:55 am

I have bannered peace with everyone.

Also to Kaz's point, Gatekeepers will not involve itself in a faith sweep later in the age. Period.
Gatekeepers

Darnivan
Traveler

Post by Darnivan » Sat May 18, 2013 3:34 am

I think we showed last age that faith sweeps don't work under the current system. Down hit protection make it so you can sweep one guild and then just poke at the others a little but not do much damage.

Aeropagitica
Explorer

Post by Aeropagitica » Sat May 18, 2013 3:59 am

Pray for peace, Kaz! Else, I will be bringing you my vengeance. You may not have been the sorcerer, but you certainly took advantage of it! If war is still on when my kingdom's return, you will be joining the rest of us in Restore-Hell! :lol:
VIVA NIR!

Gili
Community Admin

Post by Gili » Sat May 18, 2013 8:41 am

Reylan Talonspyre wrote: But honestly, what was stopping Barnabas guilds allying together to target Gatekeepers or FEL?
The thing is, as faith mates you couldn't see how grim FEL's kingdoms were. Our scouts of them were weeks old, so i sacrificed my realms efficiency by just continously tithing for lands so i could get a peak in. They were sitting on insane amounts of forts, high in temples. Check the rankings page now, and consider the entire Leto and Barnies had been pommelling them for this war...and they still sit pretty. We wouldn't have even scratched them alone.

Anyway thanks for the war, i''m just going to pretend page 2 of this thread didn't exist :D

Best of luck the rest of the age folks

Return to “Guilds”