Guide to Guild Privs

~ OOC forums for the Guilds version of the Classic game.
Please be courteous while posting and observe the forum rules.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Guide to Guild Privs

Postby Kaz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:12 pm

If you're a GM, when viewing the Guild page you'll notice a link called AP next to each kingdom in your guild.

This stands for Assign Privs and getting these settings right is critical to ensuring that your guild functions efficiently.

This guide will run through each of the privs, and will summarise which are good for general membership, and leadership

Rank 6 (untrusted members)

Although not exactly a priv, any kingdom with a guild rank of 6 is unable to see the list of kingdoms in your guild. Whatever privs you decide to grant rank 6 kingdoms, this inability to see other guild members will render many privs worthless.

As soon as a kingdom is promoted to rank 5, it will gain the ability to know which other kingdoms are in the guild. It will also gain the ability to click the number of a fellow guild member, and send them a scribe (private message)

Basic Privs recommended for all trusted members

View Squad and View Guild

These two privs are responsible for adding a 'V' next to kingdoms in the guild list. By clicking the 'V', you are able to view a basic summary of that kingdom.

The 'View Squad' priv will enable you to view kingdoms that you are allied with. This permission is already partially available from the Alliances screen, but the view kingdom screen shows more information.

The 'View Guild' priv will enable you to view all kingdoms in your guild, it'll also unlock the 'View All Guild' link, which shows the whole guild at the same time.

View UB

Without this priv, a guild member in unable to access the scouts database at all. Ultimabase access is invaluable for any scum player so that they know which targets are up to date and which need scouting.

As players have access to an unguilded version of the database when unguilded, joining a guild (and not getting this priv) reduces the functionality of a kingdom.

Edit Guild Banner

This priv unlocks the 'Banner' link on the guild screen. Whether or not you grant this priv to all trusted members will depend largley on how you plan to use the banner.

If the banner is a tool for leadership only, then this is best left for higher ranks.

However, if your guild plans to run wars from the banner, the ability to update targets that have been attacked is going to be critical for all members.

Advanced Privs for established trusted members

View Guild News

Allows access to the 'Guild News' tab to view news of INCOMING attacks to the guild. These attacks are delayed by 5 mins.

Although most useful for leadership, the ability to establish if members of the guild are under attack can be invaluable to any trusted member.

War Leadership Privs

Identify Scummer UB

This priv allows the member to see which player is responsible for scouts stored in the database. This intelligence is generally not required in order to know which kingdoms need updating, but can be useful for War leaders to establish if faith-mates are already prepping a guild you might also be considering.

Declare War

This priv has 2 functions, the most obvious being that it allows the member to declare war (or peace) on behalf of the entire guild.

The secondary function of this priv allows the member to view OUTGOING news on the 'Guild News' screen. This can be used to keep track on the success or failure of a war strike, and is also useful to learn if you have a member or two who are attacking when they should not be.

General Guild Management Privs for Leaders

Guild Applications

This priv enables the player to see when a guild has applications from new members, and to accept or deny those members

Change Charter / Contacts

This priv allows access to the 'Charter' and 'Contact Info' links. Members with this priv are able to edit the charter (rules and storyline), and also change the email and ICQ information listed for the two points of contact for the guild.

GM only privs

Promote / Demote / Privs

This is the ultimate priv, as it unlocks the 'P', 'D' and 'AP' links next to each member in the guild. Having this allows the member to promote or demote other members (including the GM).

Having access to the 'AP' link grants the ability to change the permissions of ANY member (including thgeir own). Essentially this priv can be used to give yourself whatever other privs you want, and - should you wish it - take ultimate control of a guild. Should be granted with care.

Boot Guild Members

This priv does exactly what you'd expect. It unlocks the 'B' link next to members on the guild list, when clicked, that member is removed from the guild.

Disband / Change GM

Grants access to the 'Change GM' and 'Disband Guild' links. Change GM does not in itself have any real power without the ability to also assign privs. All it does is change the listed GM seen by other players in the game.

Disband on the other hand is a very powerful tool, and will close the guild, remove it from the ranks, and boot every member.

Summary of the different letters next to kingdoms in the guild list

V : View Kingdom (shows a summary of the kingdom - much like a scout report)
P : Promote Kingdom (reduces the rank number by 1 e.g. a rank 6 untrusted member, will become rank 5 trusted member.
D : Demote Kingdom (doe the exact opposite of 'P')
B : Boot Kingdom (removes the kingdom from the Guild)
AP : Assign Privs (add or remove privs for the kingdom)
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Re: Guide to Guild Privs

Postby Tara » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:09 pm

Ok so now I GM for a minute and I'm trying to read up some stuff to refresh the memory, mostly to keep from asking Carlos EVERYTHING (lol). I have a few questions and some are right here about guild privs.

On the viewing options from the Guilds screen, the time stamp. This came up in chat last age during guild and war chats. So it updates with news on a kdm as well as the time the player actually logs-in to the kdm. Can we change that back?-now that the "guild news" link is there to show times of news on other kdms.

I mean, from a GM pov, I'd rather the timestamp as "last played" listed on a kdm be just that - when they last played so as to monitor activity, not the time when news last hit same kdm, we can see that on the guild news link.

Speaking of guild views, I really like the ordering option when viewing the full guild at once from the Guilds screen. Awesome! Also, it will lemme know who to tap in getting a warchest or guild-relief-fund started when needed lol

On the "Guild News" link, there is a difference and now I forget what it is, but some level of member or combination of assigned privs makes for the options to view "offensive" and/or "off and def" as well as the def incoming attacks against guildmembers.

So what creates that difference? It's like this now between my two kdms.
Kdm A (rank 1, GM) does not have all privileges assign-able from the AP link and only has defensive (incoming) guild news on the guild news link
Kdm B (rank 2) has all privileges and sees the 3 options on guild news screen

That brings us back to liking the option to have the rank 1 GM kdm NOT have the AP buttons, works in with figurehead themes lol And the guild banner part about running wars from the banner...personally I'd always thought banners got messy during wars when everyone started adding whatever they did, with various coded themes and whatnot going on, aviary/scribe is good for sharing immediate messages around the guild an' then pull them together on the guild banner if they like. Especially now in scribe with the "to all guild" option, or to all the faith, that's cool too.

Ok wenchie rambling now ;p anyone else wanna ta TALK ABOUT THE GAME? =)
"...you like havin insides? Image 'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Tara
Indecisive Wenchie

Postby Kaz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:26 pm

Tara, I'm struggling to understand what you're getting at with a lot of what you've typed lol but I'll do my best to either answer you, or will explain if I don't know what you mean.

On the viewing options from the Guilds screen, the time stamp. This came up in chat last age during guild and war chats. So it updates with news on a kdm as well as the time the player actually logs-in to the kdm. Can we change that back?-now that the "guild news" link is there to show times of news on other kdms.

I mean, from a GM pov, I'd rather the timestamp as "last played" listed on a kdm be just that - when they last played so as to monitor activity, not the time when news last hit same kdm, we can see that on the guild news link.

Done, obviously the field needs to be updated as and when people log in again. The value in question only seems to be used specifically for viewing fellow guild members, so I made the change on the fly. It shouldn't interfere with anything else.

Speaking of guild views, I really like the ordering option when viewing the full guild at once from the Guilds screen. Awesome! Also, it will lemme know who to tap in getting a warchest or guild-relief-fund started when needed lol

I added that back in 2007ish when we rolled out Unity, glad you like it though :)

On the "Guild News" link, there is a difference and now I forget what it is, but some level of member or combination of assigned privs makes for the options to view "offensive" and/or "off and def" as well as the def incoming attacks against guildmembers.

So what creates that difference? It's like this now between my two kdms.
Kdm A (rank 1, GM) does not have all privileges assign-able from the AP link and only has defensive (incoming) guild news on the guild news link
Kdm B (rank 2) has all privileges and sees the 3 options on guild news screen

Check the previous post in this thread under 'War Leadership Privs' -> 'Declare War'

That brings us back to liking the option to have the rank 1 GM kdm NOT have the AP buttons, works in with figurehead themes lol And the guild banner part about running wars from the banner...personally I'd always thought banners got messy during wars when everyone started adding whatever they did, with various coded themes and whatnot going on, aviary/scribe is good for sharing immediate messages around the guild an' then pull them together on the guild banner if they like. Especially now in scribe with the "to all guild" option, or to all the faith, that's cool too.

Kind of confused as to whether or not there was a question in there or not?
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Carlos Danger » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:56 pm

It wouldn't quite be Tara if you understood everything she said. I am pretty sure I know what she is looking for but I will let her reply so I don't step on toes:P
TRR - The Red Ranks
Figurehead Extraordinaire
PM for pics
Carlos Danger
Wayfarer

Return to Guilds