Page 1 of 1
A girl's guide to new kingdoms
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:48 pm
by Vilena
Well first off -> simply throw caution to the wind and pick "random/random" - unless you're a die-hard certain Faith type player, I can respect that

but I hope I'm not the only random one on the field, as it were.
Secondly, while she's no gypsy queen, Ms. Ange sure watches her money closely lol I held the '1' once too many:
"My Countess-Palatine, we have not the funds for such an offer. Perhaps we should take up panhandling before Angelique smites us."
Panhandling! At least she gives ideas as to extra cash ventures!

we need a Panhandling button. Ha! Only available under NPP (well, make panhandling the Queen or King always an option) under the Thieving menu.
Re: A girl's guide to new kingdoms
Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:28 am
by Reylan Talonspyre
I believe it best that all women join Angelique. They should also forward their sexiest pics to the leader of the Gatekeepers.
Oh wait! That is me.
Re: A girl's guide to new kingdoms
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:43 pm
by Kaz
There were actually supposed to be a few other error messages that could come out of tithing. The output text has existed in the code for years, but it seems that at some point something was tweaked and two of the messages were no longer shown.
Basically, the pan handling message ended up showing a bit more often than it should have been. I've now fixed the messages to show as intended.
Typing in a value that's higher than the amount of cash you have on your kingdom gives "My{TITLE}, we have not the funds for such an offer. Perhaps we should take up panhandling before {GOD} smites us."
Typing in a value that's not just numbers now correctly reports "My {TITLE}, you may only give crowns, unless you want to give real dollars. monarchy [A T ] monarchygame [D O T ] com".
Typing in an offer that results in 0 acres of land now correctly shows "Panic coupled with sheer horror sweeps over their faces as they turn to you. "My {TITLE}, The Church of {BARNABAS} has refused our offering. You have shamed us!"
Re: A girl's guide to new kingdoms
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:21 am
by Gili
I think that reply appeared in the wrong thread?
Re: A girl's guide to new kingdoms
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:40 am
by Sikil
Vilena wrote:Secondly, while she's no gypsy queen, Ms. Ange sure watches her money closely lol I held the '1' once too many:
"My Countess-Palatine, we have not the funds for such an offer. Perhaps we should take up panhandling before Angelique smites us."
I think he was referring to that.
Re: A girl's guide to new kingdoms
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:36 pm
by Kaz
I was indeed referring to her pointing out the panhandling message, and saying that there were now other messages that should have previous showed but were not.
I've actually removed the third one I mentioned pending further testing.
Re: A girl's guide to new kingdoms
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:50 am
by Reylan Talonspyre
Well I still have not received any dirty pics.
Harumph.
Re: A girl's guide to new kingdoms
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:10 am
by Sikil
Here you go. May not be a dirty pic, but it'll definitely tell us who has a dirty mind! mwahaha
Re: A girl's guide to new kingdoms
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:47 am
by Kaz
I've actually fully reverted back to the previous messages only, pending further testing
Re: A girl's guide to new kingdoms
Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:09 am
by Reylan Talonspyre
Sikil. Nicely done.
