v2.6 tweak ideas

~ OOC forums for the Guilds version of the Classic game.
Please be courteous while posting and observe the forum rules.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: v2.6 tweak ideas

Post by Kaz » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:22 pm

I've been working on tweaks to the Hall of Fame and Ranks, because of this I'm not 100% sure there will be time to roll v2.6 out at the end of this age and might end up putting it off until the following reset (End of Nov/start of Dec).

Other than wanting restores to register as a death on the kill ratio and deaths scores, which could be rolled into a v2.5 hot-fix, is there anything that I need to urgently look at?
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Darnivan
Traveler
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 am

Re: v2.6 tweak ideas

Post by Darnivan » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:54 pm

I may have found a bug but I can't find the current restore setting so i'm not sure. I thought open acres in restore was capped but I have 88k acres with 13k built that I downsized to 68k and was shortly after sorce killed. The restored kingdom was 13k built on 37k acres...I didn't think restores could have 24k open acres. Anyway I downsized most of it but I wanted to check to see if that was right.

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: v2.6 tweak ideas

Post by Kaz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:53 am

Darnivan, that was using the previous restore setup when the restore was a set 80% land, 75% buildings.

Since the v2.5 patch land and buildings have each been taxed independently depending on how many there are on the kingdom. Your buildings were low enough that they didn't really see any changes, land on the other hand was reduced to about 55% of it's previous value.

I didn't re-introduce maximum open acres "in addition" to the newer tiered tax system. Do you feel that was a mistake and that it would have been better to be reduced to 23k acres to go with your 13k buildings?
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Darnivan
Traveler
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 am

Re: v2.6 tweak ideas

Post by Darnivan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:03 pm

Well, it was more like 42% of my land since I had 88k only a few hours before I was killed so that would be the restore point, I didn't gain any buildings after that, downsizing the land was the last thing I did. Unless since the buildings were the same it just took the most recent kingdom size?

I didn't know you were removing the open acre cap. I don't know if it is that big of a deal, I just thought the cap was still in place.

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: v2.6 tweak ideas

Post by Kaz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Looking at my change-log for v2.5, the game should already have been updating a restore as a kill (as far as the kills and death ration scores go).

I've just tweaked the code, can you guys keep an eye out an let me know if restores are now counting.

1379873530

That's there as a reference, so that I can retrospectively fix the death counts from older restores (assuming my hot-fix has worked).
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

Post Reply

Return to “Guilds”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest