Gold Remnants on a Red River...
Moderators: Staff, Game Staff
Re: Gold Remnants on a Red River...
The Goblin tunnels collapsed, war overwhelmed patchwork defenses, battle lines, and even the most hardy of Barnabas's fortresses. Indeed, the power of Leto now fully shone upon the battlefield. Carnage, evil, and mayhem were everywhere.
Nymphsong smiled at the blood, particularly the blood of Elven lords who had foolishly aligned themselves with a false protector...and then entrusted their safety to goblins...ha! Served them right...now their temples were quiet, their moans and whales of pain...languished fervently into the night air.
A runner approached, "M'lord, we receive word of reinforcements coming upon the morrow to help bolster our effort!" Indeed The Red Ranks would tremble and kneel before this onslaught...for they will know the blade and boldness and of the fury of Leto warriors, the Remnants of a Golden Era have returned!
Nymphsong smiled at the blood, particularly the blood of Elven lords who had foolishly aligned themselves with a false protector...and then entrusted their safety to goblins...ha! Served them right...now their temples were quiet, their moans and whales of pain...languished fervently into the night air.
A runner approached, "M'lord, we receive word of reinforcements coming upon the morrow to help bolster our effort!" Indeed The Red Ranks would tremble and kneel before this onslaught...for they will know the blade and boldness and of the fury of Leto warriors, the Remnants of a Golden Era have returned!
Nymphsong
Re: Gold Remnants on a Red River...
The noose tightens. Lets just ride this one out till the age ends.
Nymphsong
- Aeropagitica
- Explorer
- Posts: 323
- Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:13 pm
- Location: Wilmington, NC
- Contact:
Re: Gold Remnants on a Red River...
I confess: The end of the age is at hand, and I am an opportunist. I did confess to One that I have eyes upon the throne: I refuse to be cast aside, that my actions are for naught. As much as for the throne, as to prove him wrong yet again, I have made certain that my play is not trivial. I have engaged the top ranks of RGE; not at the request of TRR, but solely in a scheme to capture the throne at the end of the age. 500XX may be known as the Sovereign of the Age, but I would be king.
It is a gamble. If Kaz forgets to reset the age in the next 24 hours, or some modicum of resistance surfaces, I may still fall. This is the risk I take.
I hope Tara and TRR are not too upset in my interference, but again, it is not for them. I know Nymph will be angry. I trust he understands, too.
(Edit -- I am not sure posting kingdom numbers on the boards is allowed. I have removed it until I get clarification. If allowed I will return the number. Hemingway)
It is a gamble. If Kaz forgets to reset the age in the next 24 hours, or some modicum of resistance surfaces, I may still fall. This is the risk I take.
I hope Tara and TRR are not too upset in my interference, but again, it is not for them. I know Nymph will be angry. I trust he understands, too.
(Edit -- I am not sure posting kingdom numbers on the boards is allowed. I have removed it until I get clarification. If allowed I will return the number. Hemingway)
VIVA NIR!
- Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
- Contact:
Re: Gold Remnants on a Red River...
So as not to be ooc in Aero's rp (we post there after a bit) - nice way ta end the age in a good ol' fashioned clusterfuck.
"LAWLZZZ"
Here's us earlier: "so reset's coming who to hit?..not the king he's dead! No shit?! grab the crown!! use bounties send caravans hurrrryyy!!"
... in chat even, game resetting lost all the caravans being sent to Mickal, but he still manages to buff it up to a prince. whoooo.
Our doctor knows his stuff! =)
. .......
Like I said, knows his stuff! so HAIL KING MICKAL!!
Equal-opportunity-killers are we so we went for Blue bounty! and on with de show!
"LAWLZZZ"
Here's us earlier: "so reset's coming who to hit?..not the king he's dead! No shit?! grab the crown!! use bounties send caravans hurrrryyy!!"
... in chat even, game resetting lost all the caravans being sent to Mickal, but he still manages to buff it up to a prince. whoooo.
Our doctor knows his stuff! =)
. .......
Like I said, knows his stuff! so HAIL KING MICKAL!!
Equal-opportunity-killers are we so we went for Blue bounty! and on with de show!
Last edited by Tara on Mon May 05, 2014 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...you like havin insides?
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!" TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Re: Gold Remnants on a Red River...
It's a game everything you do is trivial
- Jokingjoe
- Second Centurion
- Posts: 1204
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm
- Location: New Bern, NC
- Contact:
Re: Gold Remnants on a Red River...
Hah, well said Fire.
Re: Gold Remnants on a Red River...
I would like to congratulate Angelique on their victory (for what it seems at the present). A well timed topple in the midst of a pitched war in which our resources and turns were effectively spent. I am actually halfway happy you decided to guild up at the end, was worried you would take the age with a UG, how embarrassing would that have been for the guilds game?
In other thoughts, I will have to better manage my zeros and ones next age.
In other thoughts, I will have to better manage my zeros and ones next age.
Nymphsong
- Aeropagitica
- Explorer
- Posts: 323
- Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:13 pm
- Location: Wilmington, NC
- Contact:
Re: Gold Remnants on a Red River...
It is not over yet. Several reds have caught the fever and are also jockeying for one of their own to win.
VIVA NIR!
- Jokingjoe
- Second Centurion
- Posts: 1204
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm
- Location: New Bern, NC
- Contact:
Re: Gold Remnants on a Red River...
We failed. Mickal made a last minute push to the top and toppled Nyrond and the game reset within 5 mins of me logging in.
Nymph, had you not had that one extra turn Saturday night, I would have been able to secure the kill on you---I was SO close to a triple crown. But then the game bugged delaying Kaz's reset and I get ousted in conquest this morning, too
Next time!!! 
Nymph, had you not had that one extra turn Saturday night, I would have been able to secure the kill on you---I was SO close to a triple crown. But then the game bugged delaying Kaz's reset and I get ousted in conquest this morning, too
- Aeropagitica
- Explorer
- Posts: 323
- Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:13 pm
- Location: Wilmington, NC
- Contact:
Re: Gold Remnants on a Red River...gg
GG.
I was poised to recover the throne. Was just waiting for Joe to call me back so I could decide whether to move with or without him. 3 Barnes nuking me would not stop me. But joe did not call me until after he watched the sun set with his own eyes. Oh well... my shot at the buzzer just never left my hands...it would have gone in!
I was poised to recover the throne. Was just waiting for Joe to call me back so I could decide whether to move with or without him. 3 Barnes nuking me would not stop me. But joe did not call me until after he watched the sun set with his own eyes. Oh well... my shot at the buzzer just never left my hands...it would have gone in!
VIVA NIR!
- Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
- Contact:
Re: Gold Remnants on a Red River...
AND RED TAKES THE CROWN! Whooooo!
What an end it was!
Thought for sure one of us would hit Nyrond 1x too many and fail getting Mickal that last bounty, but as it turns out, even goblin hordez know how to count when it matters! lol
Nice little plot twist this was, Aero, I never did like a boring end to an age =)
What an end it was!
Thought for sure one of us would hit Nyrond 1x too many and fail getting Mickal that last bounty, but as it turns out, even goblin hordez know how to count when it matters! lol
Nice little plot twist this was, Aero, I never did like a boring end to an age =)
"...you like havin insides?
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!" TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
- Jokingjoe
- Second Centurion
- Posts: 1204
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm
- Location: New Bern, NC
- Contact:
Re: Gold Remnants on a Red River...
Well played, Tara. Well played, indeed.
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: Gold Remnants on a Red River...
What's slightly amusing, is that had Joe not disbanded JC to give Aero some cash, the game wouldn't have bugged and I'd have reset yesterday. Strange how things turn out.
For future reference, you should no longer be able to quit the guild as the GM, you need to disband instead. There was code in place to do that, but there wasn't code to transfer a specific value the code used, when retrieving the guild, so sometimes the game would let you quit instead of disband.
I still think that there might be an issue if you happen to kill the GM, but I'll need to test more on that.
For future reference, you should no longer be able to quit the guild as the GM, you need to disband instead. There was code in place to do that, but there wasn't code to transfer a specific value the code used, when retrieving the guild, so sometimes the game would let you quit instead of disband.
I still think that there might be an issue if you happen to kill the GM, but I'll need to test more on that.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest