y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
Moderators: Staff, Game Staff
- bundesbank
- Grand Arbiter of NPAC
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:52 am
y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
dun dun dun
i used to make threads about this from time to time when i was gming wtfpwnd, war agming weec, or the half-dozen other guilds that i ran. someone would think they were being smart, and i'd be there to help show them the error of their ways and mould them into a better player.
the game was small enough 8 years ago that it was a simple enough task for us to track sabbed vans outside of war. now it's so small that it's basically a foregone conclusion.
unfortunately, i didn't realize that scouting and sabbing vans looks the same in news now (newbie material here), but thankfully whoever you are was dumb enough to sab a guild mate of mine.
so how's about the person that did it comes out and admits it rather than make us waste our time waiting until an obscure hour of the day, check scrolls & nw, send a caravan, then check scrolls & nw again to see which kingdom's nw changed because of the increase in cash?
and the rest of the people in the game should use this as a learning experience - something everyone should have learned 8+ years ago: don't sab vans when you're not at war. it's like asking to be caught with your pants down. it's worse than looting seen, because when you're looting seen you at least know that you're fucking up. doing something stupid and not knowing it's stupid just shows you're a liability to your guild because you don't understand basic game mechanics.
i used to make threads about this from time to time when i was gming wtfpwnd, war agming weec, or the half-dozen other guilds that i ran. someone would think they were being smart, and i'd be there to help show them the error of their ways and mould them into a better player.
the game was small enough 8 years ago that it was a simple enough task for us to track sabbed vans outside of war. now it's so small that it's basically a foregone conclusion.
unfortunately, i didn't realize that scouting and sabbing vans looks the same in news now (newbie material here), but thankfully whoever you are was dumb enough to sab a guild mate of mine.
so how's about the person that did it comes out and admits it rather than make us waste our time waiting until an obscure hour of the day, check scrolls & nw, send a caravan, then check scrolls & nw again to see which kingdom's nw changed because of the increase in cash?
and the rest of the people in the game should use this as a learning experience - something everyone should have learned 8+ years ago: don't sab vans when you're not at war. it's like asking to be caught with your pants down. it's worse than looting seen, because when you're looting seen you at least know that you're fucking up. doing something stupid and not knowing it's stupid just shows you're a liability to your guild because you don't understand basic game mechanics.
ich bin die bankier
NPAC
NPAC
- Carlos Danger
- Wayfarer
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:48 am
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
Not us, but going to assume whom ever did it was the same person who did it to a few of my guys earlier today. Unfortunately it wasn't my kingdoms but there is someone who does it on and off through out the age, it may be the same person.
TRR - The Red Ranks
Figurehead Extraordinaire
PM for pics
Figurehead Extraordinaire
PM for pics
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
Same here, my poor Ori got sabbed!
I was all excited because I thought someone was prepping us...now I am thinking it is just a really bad Letite with as Leif would say, no manners
I am not throwing guilt on any one party (yet), but I am thinking it might be one of those UG leto realms with nothing to lose...and would be great at stirring the pot.
I could see the faiths taking this topic to my RP thread as a point everyone can agree to talk on
(had to try)
nymphsong
I was all excited because I thought someone was prepping us...now I am thinking it is just a really bad Letite with as Leif would say, no manners
I am not throwing guilt on any one party (yet), but I am thinking it might be one of those UG leto realms with nothing to lose...and would be great at stirring the pot.
I could see the faiths taking this topic to my RP thread as a point everyone can agree to talk on
nymphsong
Nymphsong
- bundesbank
- Grand Arbiter of NPAC
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:52 am
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
just to clarify - i hope i never gave the impression that i thought it was one faith or guild in particular. i always like to wait until the evidence is in 
it's just that in this case the evidence is well on its way, so i know someone out there will be caught
it's just that in this case the evidence is well on its way, so i know someone out there will be caught
ich bin die bankier
NPAC
NPAC
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
Manners indeed, I got taught to have some humble with my scum back in the day! If I got caught Adara used to be all like, 'Play nice or I'll beat you!!' and I was all 'oh..no....' but would play nice anyways because I'm just a people pleaser at heart 
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
Fuck you Angie's cry like you got rode hard and put away wet one too many times, but im sure there's still some life in you
Oh no I got looted, oh no I got my caravans taken, it happens to all of us
And it wasn't too many ages ago when you were the ones doing it
Oh no I got looted, oh no I got my caravans taken, it happens to all of us
And it wasn't too many ages ago when you were the ones doing it
- Jokingjoe
- Second Centurion
- Posts: 1204
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm
- Location: New Bern, NC
- Contact:
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
Bunde, if you have damning evidence, let us know. WHile you can't declare on an unguilded, there's nothing to stop you from 3 and outting. From a whole guild, that's a lot of hits.
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
And mainly what I'm saying is you guys got some of the biggest realms guild wise, hire some damn thieves and no one would be getting in 
- Jokingjoe
- Second Centurion
- Posts: 1204
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm
- Location: New Bern, NC
- Contact:
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
Fire, it's too bad our war ended--I was planning on killing your centaur next 
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
I know but at some point someone has to show the barnies some love 
- bundesbank
- Grand Arbiter of NPAC
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:52 am
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
looting unseen - can't be tracked. don't whine about it.
sabbing unseen - can be tracked. "educate" player as to how this game works.
very big difference.
also, i have no idea who was doing what 3-4 ages ago. i wasn't here.
sabbing unseen - can be tracked. "educate" player as to how this game works.
very big difference.
also, i have no idea who was doing what 3-4 ages ago. i wasn't here.
ich bin die bankier
NPAC
NPAC
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
Or re-educate a player on how this game works, it took me a minute to remember what the hell sabbing even was when I got the message from my beloved Nymph about what happened *totally embarrassed*
I'm good now though *grin*
And Nymph I'm going to do the best I can to get into the RP swing of it all...
The things I do for my men I tell ya!
I'm good now though *grin*
And Nymph I'm going to do the best I can to get into the RP swing of it all...
The things I do for my men I tell ya!
My Heart... My Soul... lies within the Dragonhand
- Tara
- Indecisive Wenchie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
- Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
- Contact:
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
buuut a few posts before you were all like Ffffff you Angies! ... damnit man, just fight amongst yerselves s'more ;p I mean seriously, lookit Ori over there, she din't even know wha'cha talkin about. Goodlorda'mighty!Fireslash wrote:I know but at some point someone has to show the barnies some love
My goblinz been only robbed, twice, or so, in the last week, or yanno, whatever. No burning that I recall so thanks I guess lol =)
Leave enough gold an' shine'eez around yaz dem heathen will usually take advantage of that first, yanno, de greedy ones, or de easily distracted.
Leif does know about manners though, at least she leaves (poisonous?) muffins with the heads an'a note when her scummies don't get back for roll call. Was that the same time Angies were gettin scummed I'ma wonders? hmmmms
Leif's aviary notes distract me though, they have an otherherbalscent it make me go meemeez. *falls asleep*
Ori! ... dun.. take... Leif's.... muffinnnss....
"...you like havin insides?
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
'cuz those are gonna be outsides!" TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
- bundesbank
- Grand Arbiter of NPAC
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:52 am
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
i've partaken of leif's muffins before, and i can verify i'm always left drained and sleepy afterwards, as would most men.
ich bin die bankier
NPAC
NPAC
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
Tara wrote:Leif does know about manners though, at least she leaves (poisonous?) muffins with the heads an'a note when her scummies don't get back for roll call. Was that the same time Angies were gettin scummed I'ma wonders? hmmmms
Leif's aviary notes distract me though, they have an otherherbalscent it make me go meemeez. *falls asleep*
Ori! ... dun.. take... Leif's.... muffinnnss....
1. You were actually legitimately my first scouting attempt this age, and I did indeed give up after you caught me
2. That's just the Canadian stuff, 'Merican herbal supplements must be like 'Merican beer, light on kick
3. Die, its very rare these days... It's the ladies I am interested in draining *waggles eyebrow at wimmins* Don't listen to Tara... take my muffins!
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
- bundesbank
- Grand Arbiter of NPAC
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:52 am
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
do that voodoo that you do, leif. lovin' should be found wherever it makes you happy.
ich bin die bankier
NPAC
NPAC
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
Speaking of, how's that cougar?
Sabbing any of your caravans?
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
- bundesbank
- Grand Arbiter of NPAC
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:52 am
Re: y helo thar sabbing vans while not at war
it's kind of strange what's ended up happening.
there were two cougars, actually, after last we spoke via scribe. both were part of couples (swingers).
one fell through because her boyfriend (who's married to a completely different person) got all emotional and was like "no, i don't want you sleeping with anyone but me!" - pretty much the height of hypocrisy. she's kind of pissed off at him. she wants to stay with him, though, so *shrugs* they have a few things to figure out about their relationship dynamics.
the other fell through for what reason i know not. this second couple is comprised of a-type professionals in a highly demanding field, so it's probable that they're back to working 70+ hour weeks now that the holiday season is over.
BUT somehow things randomly seem to be happening with a 19 year old. (and no, i did not go out looking for a 19 year old!)
it's the most random age swing i've ever experienced in my life. i also don't think i've ever dated someone younger than me. now i feel like the cougar :S
AND DON'T ASK ME HOW THIS IS ALL HAPPENING BECAUSE I'M NOT GOING TO STRANGE BARS AT WEIRD HOURS OF THE DAY.
and i'm not trolling craigslist personal ads, either.
there were two cougars, actually, after last we spoke via scribe. both were part of couples (swingers).
one fell through because her boyfriend (who's married to a completely different person) got all emotional and was like "no, i don't want you sleeping with anyone but me!" - pretty much the height of hypocrisy. she's kind of pissed off at him. she wants to stay with him, though, so *shrugs* they have a few things to figure out about their relationship dynamics.
the other fell through for what reason i know not. this second couple is comprised of a-type professionals in a highly demanding field, so it's probable that they're back to working 70+ hour weeks now that the holiday season is over.
BUT somehow things randomly seem to be happening with a 19 year old. (and no, i did not go out looking for a 19 year old!)
it's the most random age swing i've ever experienced in my life. i also don't think i've ever dated someone younger than me. now i feel like the cougar :S
AND DON'T ASK ME HOW THIS IS ALL HAPPENING BECAUSE I'M NOT GOING TO STRANGE BARS AT WEIRD HOURS OF THE DAY.
and i'm not trolling craigslist personal ads, either.
ich bin die bankier
NPAC
NPAC
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests