TFC not returning next age

~ OOC forums for the Guilds version of the Classic game.
Please be courteous while posting and observe the forum rules.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Post Reply
User avatar
Stee Jans
Wayfarer
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:55 pm

TFC not returning next age

Post by Stee Jans » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:23 pm

I have already informed my guild, but figured given the size of the Guilds community, it was worth posting here as well.

TFC will not be returning next age, as I have been offered a job that starts in late August which will demand most of my time and energy. Although leading a guild isn't exactly as taxing as it used to be, I doubt that I could even do a minimally acceptable job given the circumstances. TFC was never meant to be a permanent fixture in Guilds again, and was restarted mainly as a placeholder so people could join a red guild a last age. It is only through sheer accident that we somehow ended up being the only Barnie guild.

I intend to continue playing (which I am sure is a solace to whatever guild I curse with my presence, given how much of a piker I am likely to be), and have encouraged my guildies to do the same, as I would like to see Guilds succeed. The fact that Rey is planning to bring G to red next age is some solace in this decision (and, incidentally, likely to produce a flood of applicants. My apologies, Rey-rey!).

This all leaves me a little nostalgic, as this job is likely to lead me down a career path that will probably foreclose my previous gamer pursuits. It is good to think that Monarchy will provide a casual outlet for reminiscience.
The Red Ranks
Bringing gravitas to dick jokes since 2013

User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
Contact:

Re: TFC not returning next age

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:03 am

Well that sucks, but at least you can play. :-)

I guess it is time that we get to making a declaration of our own.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers

User avatar
Gili
Community Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 am
Location: Northampton, England

Re: TFC not returning next age

Post by Gili » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:16 am

Grats on the RL job side of things. Glad to you know you'll keep playing dude. Hope you still get time to post on the boards or discuss Aswangs in scribes :)
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com

Post Reply

Return to “Guilds”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests