Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

~ OOC forums for the Guilds version of the Classic game.
Please be courteous while posting and observe the forum rules.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
Contact:

Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Coming Up In Age 3/Best of Age 2 sort of

Coming Up In Age 4
We are going to be resetting at some point, that is usually a fact of the game. I thought this would be a good time to announce my intention to bring Gatekeepers to Barnabas. I have never really played Leto, except in Mo'Pri (Improv). Though I would love to do so, I think Barnabas looks cooler in it dark, blood red colors. Plus I haven't fought alongside Stee in a long time.

Gatekeepers loves its Angelique family, and it will take some reworking of the charter, but it is time to shake things up a bit. It is just my little rag tag group of lazy players. I hope others take this as a change to play in different faiths, start their own guilds, and in all other ways, branch out.

So who else is going to try something new? Who isn't? Maybe old guilds will return? Maybe new guilds will be formed?

Best of Age 3
We used to do this and I thought they were always fun to spark discussion. So, on our third age of Guilds, what would you, the community, say is the (see below) and why?
  • Best Guild:
  • Best Guildmaster:
  • GM You Would Play Under:
  • Player You Would Steal:
  • Best War:
  • Best Poster:
  • Best Comment:
  • Which Guild Won the Age:
  • Which Faith Won the Age:
  • If YOU could change one thing you did this age, what would it be?:
Enjoy, and no fighting.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Kaz » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Just thought I'd point out that Aero, Joe and Darnivan were also talking about coming to Barnabas next age.

Unless LKA have a load more players to talk back to the game, this could lead to a very small Angelique and a very large Barnabas.

Also.... the age isn't over yet, there's at least a fortnight left in it.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
Contact:

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Kaz, even with that said, I don't like to make decisions for my guild based on who is going where. I made the decision early this age I would like to try out Barnabas. Who knows, maybe LKA will become a super guild? If it does, you can bet we will fight to bring them down.


Best Guild: NIR
I think this old hat group pretty much pwnd this age. I am only sorry we missed our chance to ally with them this age for a first strike.

Best Guildmaster: Reylan Talonspyre
Let us all be honest, are any of you surprised I would vote for myself? No. Now sssshhhhh.

GM You Would Play Under: Stee
I think I was part of TFC way back in the day. I was also in the LGS version. It was fun.

Player You Would Steal: Calen
He is honorable, he speaks well for his guild, and he has the support of other players. His distinctiveness would be added to our own. He could be made to service ... us.

Best War: G vs. SW
I enjoyed our first offensive war against a guild. It was fun and Calen is a great GM.

Best Poster: Dauthi
*gasp* Yes, Dauthi. The reason I say this is because Dauthi is here to play for kills. He posts rarely and when he does it usually is very well stated. It isn't to goad or be a jerk. For a guild that attacks anyone non-goblin to get a kill, it adds to the style. Someday, I swear, I will come to play for Goblins and play for kills. Just not today.

Best Comment: "I held my temper as long as I could, but you may as well just fucking ban me right now. End transmission. Have a great fucking life." -Seska
Sorry, it wasn't good that he left, but that statement was classic Seska.

Which Guild Won the Age: NIR/LKA
Which Faith Won the Age: Angelique
If YOU could change one thing you did this age, what would it be?: I would have hit someone else before going into defensive mode.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers

User avatar
Aeropagitica
Explorer
Posts: 323
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:13 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Contact:

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Aeropagitica » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:19 am

Best Guild: NIR
Best Guildmaster: LKA's GM
GM You Would Play Under: Gili or Kaz? Are they even GMs?
Player You Would Steal: Tara - need RP!
Best War: GvsSW
Best Poster: Gili
Best Comment: The one about his peasants dying from laughter
Which Guild Won the Age: NIR
Which Faith Won the Age: ANGELIQUE
If YOU could change one thing you did this age, what would it be?: I would have declared guild war against POO while they were still at 10 people!
VIVA NIR!

User avatar
clark kent
Lost Soul
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:24 am

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by clark kent » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:54 am

Best Guild: LKA
Best Guildmaster: Sideon/Janiec
GM You Would Play Under: anyone under LKA
Player You Would Steal:
Best War: The one with a lot whinnings, bring back memories :D
Best Poster: Kaz
Best Comment: from Seska, of quitting the game, though I'm hoping you'll be back soon mate.
Which Guild Won the Age: I'm still expecting some last wave of tsunami guys :D , bring it on.
Which Faith Won the Age: Angelique unless some miracle is about to happen.
If YOU could change one thing you did this age, what would it be?: nothing, i just though if it's ending this month it's the shortest age i've played so far? but then again, lka is busy at travian right now, so see you next age guys :D
What good is a Knight, Lost without an Alliance

Faith first, guild second, LKA shall ever be a pillar of Angelique's triumph.

User avatar
riseendreev
Lost Soul
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:41 am

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by riseendreev » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Good to see you change faith to Barnabas "Rey" this would change game comes next age.

For us in LKA, hmmm, don't know really what will happen. Though, one thing I'm glad is that Sid brought us back and spark our camaraderie back not just in monarchy but in RL as well.

You can never tell what happens once your buried in your RL work. Oh well, I think LKA will be in Angie forever dont want to destroy that legacy that LKA built in this faith and game.

Best Guild: LKA
Best GM: Janiec/ Rey / Gili
Best War: LAW vs TFC - it just tickles us until now to think how surprised they were on that early war.
GM you Would Play Under: Gili - well all our wars this age has been extremely fun.
Best Comment: from Stee and Seska
Best Poster: Kaz / Gili
Which Guild won the Age: Of course, LKA
Which Faith Won the Age: Angelique
If you could change one thing you did this age, what would it be?: I am hoping the whinning will lessen on ages to come. Til then and til next age again. :D

User avatar
Stee Jans
Wayfarer
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Stee Jans » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Thanks for the nice comment, Rey.

You can't have Tara, Aero. :P

Not sure I want to know which comment you refer to, riseedreev.

Best Guild: NIR (Is there any doubt, really?)

Best Guildmaster: In terms of fun, Gili. In terms of ruthless military efficiency, whoever leads NIR.

GM You Would Play Under: Gili or Rey, but I'm sure other folks are pleasant too. Calen, for instance, when he was still leading SW.

Player You Would Steal: Probably Darnivan.

Best War: No idea, frankly. All of TFC's wars were unsatisfying for various reasons. Getting preemptively hit by POO was probably the most interesting war.

Best Poster: *shrug*

Best Comment: *shrug*

Which Guild Won the Age: NIR

Which Faith Won the Age: Obviously Barnabas! Riiiiiggghhttt....

If YOU could change one thing you did this age, what would it be?: Either would have taken greater care in scoutsweeping POO or would have somehow avoided the gigantic flustermuck of the SW/TFC war versus NIR/G.
The Red Ranks
Bringing gravitas to dick jokes since 2013

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Kaz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Those tithe changes I put in suck a bit. 99,999,999 for 500 acres isn't worth jack lol. At least you can't just tithe forever now. I actually had to do some scouting for once :(
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Darnivan
Traveler
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 am

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Darnivan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:07 pm

I stopped tithing completely at around 13.5k-14k acres or so...whenever we had our first war. I'd say it wasn't worth it anymore at around 11k...but by then I had to build some more to be able to have a kingdom that could go to war since I hadn't really built many barracks at that point.

I haven't even tested how bad it is since then.

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Kaz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:22 pm

I'd say that you can tithe reasonably up to between 30 and 35k. It only became noticeably bad after switching from a 9,999,999 tithe to a 99,999,999 tithe, which - used - to be the point where tithing became worthwhile again (at least for a while).
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Darnivan
Traveler
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 am

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Darnivan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:53 pm

After 12k it becomes far too inefficient to be worth spending the gold on...if you want to defend your kingdom as well. That last couple k I built was a waste of turns with having to inspire devotion too much to fund the tithing and refortifying. Just MUCH more efficient to just go to war.

User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
Contact:

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Agreed. I found the tithe changes excellent. I actually had to eat UG/NPC kingdoms to stay fat.

Now, I will just wait for the inevitable POO vs. LKA/G or TFC vs. LKA/G or POO/TFC vs. LKA/G/NIR. Not that I am calling it, I am just saying the scout sweeps would indicate Barnabas and/or Leto are starting to make their decision. Catching Ricardo at least clued me into who was scout sweeping us.

A hanging of sentries can mean only one thing ... invasion.

Riseendreev, thanks for the well wishes. I won't lie, I would love to test my metal against LKA. You have a good guild there, I would love to see if I can poke some holes in Sideon's builds. :-)
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers

User avatar
Tara
Indecisive Wenchie
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
Contact:

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Tara » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:15 pm

That One Reylan Dude wrote:A hanging of sentries can mean only one thing ... invasion.
Yea? What would burning and looting unseen signal, oh wise one? - cuz I've been gettin looted an' burned for like a week! An' don't say "buy more scum" I tried it, didn't work ;p I blame ... hmm any one of you heathen! lol
Stop fookin burnin my stuff gosh!! lol

Be back shortly'ish for the survey =)
"...you like havin insides? Image 'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!

User avatar
Leif
RAGE >.<
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Leif » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Best Guild: I have not much to say here, I haven't had enough of an opportunity to watch the goings on to make a solid choice yet... other than the obligatory G

Best Guildmaster: Rey gets that one for putting up with my flailing schedule and bouts of inactivity when I work several days straight. Bless his patient, realist heart.

GM You Would Play Under: I heard a whack of good things about SW... and Gili Amuses me with his posts, so... either of em.

Player You Would Steal: Grunt. Its all Grunt love up in herrrr.

Best War: Hmm... I don't know about this one. I'm still getting used to this business again. I reserve the right to weigh in later :p

Best Poster: Hmm... Tara might get this one for me, just for keepin' it old school and making things feel at least a little familiar.

Best Comment: I do have to admit I was mildly amused by Seska, just because those comments rang in and it was like "ahhh...just like old times". I hope there's a Seska return soon enough.

Which Guild Won the Age: I'm gonna give this one up to NIR by the look of the stats as of this morning.

Which Faith Won the Age: I think Angie is a pretty safe bet.

If YOU could change one thing you did this age, what would it be?: Not starting two weeks behind everyone else dammit :P
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?

User avatar
Tara
Indecisive Wenchie
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
Contact:

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Tara » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:32 pm

Best Guild: Wherever we are is best for us at the time, otherwise, LKA. They came back kind of as a group and BAM! .. I like that. I like the board presence as well. Hope ya guys keep it up a while.

Best Guildmaster: Reylan, purely because he voted for himself, of course.

GM You Would Play Under: Stee again gladly, an' doubt I'd have a problem playin with just about anyone at this point, I would hope.

Player You Would Steal: Currently, Darnivan, his name has a ring to it. In the future, whichever old decrepit Beings I can find, hunt down, dig up, dust off, revive, give proper meds to, wake up, attach IV drip if necessary and POOF him or her back to greatness, that's who! Whoever that would be, I dunno. Yet. Get back to ya on that one.

Best War: Oh the one that Stee mentioned, yanno, when people don't know what time fuckin MIDNIGHT IS!! ... *falls into hysterical angrylaughing fit for just a second on that one* ok, I'm fine, we're cool...*inhales* (shaddup, yer lyin if ya say that didn't make ya laugh a little)

Best Poster: Kaz - he tells all the cool stuff about the game even when we don't post back for like a week or tell him "hey, you know what's not working..." .. oh, right, wrong screen huh? ..Has the patience of a not-yet-jaded-Admin *smile-sigh* I hope we don't break him you guys. =) otherwise, I'll be like ReyRey an' say myself, cuz I'm fun, muthafukkas! lol ('sup Leif hehehe)

Best Comment: I agree with those nods at Seska's I'm SO FUCKIN GONE YOU GUYS! .. because we love Seska, an' that was SO f'n Seska, almost brings a tear. I sure hope he comes back to give & get more.

Which Guild Won the Age: Dauthi's! HA! Prolly has the most kills per person!

Which Faith Won the Age: Red, in our own way, just for hanging on to at least ONE guild in the great wave of Blue ICK up top lol

If YOU could change one thing you did this age, what would it be?
Not lettin ya fuckin heathen get more land than I have, then more scum than me, then use me as a fuckin bank you ratheathenbastards! lol Seriously tho - would have hit 24hrs earlier on all of TFC's wars, as I'm sure Stee would have wanted to as well.

Enjoy, and no fighting.
ah effyew Rey it's a war game! .. Oh sorry I got carried away :mrgreen:
NO fighting? Not even Headball when we're done!?! C'mooonnn maaaan!! Fine! Whatever!
"...you like havin insides? Image 'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!

Sideon
Lost Soul
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:15 am

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Sideon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:26 am

Best Guild: Goblin, i like Dauthi and his true to Goblins charter.
Best Guildmaster: Gili - hes able hired vets on his ranks .. Grunt, Ricardo, Pistol.. etc
GM You Would Play Under: Kaz for no reason
Player You Would Steal: Jokingjoe - an all around warrior
Best War: All LKA wars
Best Poster: Kaz
Which Guild Won the Age: LKA (hoping for NIR downfall)
Which Faith Won the Age: ANGELIQUE
If YOU could change one thing you did this age, what would it be? LKA shouldnt hit Empire that could have keep Fireslash and Seska playing.

User avatar
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: New Bern, NC
Contact:

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Jokingjoe » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:06 pm

aw shucks Sideon :)

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Kaz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:13 pm

I can't believe I'm getting so many awards for 'best poster' lol
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
Contact:

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:24 am

I am pleased with how this thread and age has turned out. Sure there was a bit of down time due to the super guilds in Leto/Barnabas, but it has been a blast. Can't wait to do it again!
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers

User avatar
Stee Jans
Wayfarer
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Coming Up In Age 4/Best of Age 3

Post by Stee Jans » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:46 am

Reylan Talonspyre wrote:I am pleased with how this thread and age has turned out. Sure there was a bit of down time due to the super guilds in Leto/Barnabas, but it has been a blast. Can't wait to do it again!
I would be more enthused if there was greater parity between the faiths. The combination of early successes creating incredible inertia due to the power of restore with the superior organizational skills of Angie (in general) have created a pretty predictable outcome.
The Red Ranks
Bringing gravitas to dick jokes since 2013

Post Reply

Return to “Guilds”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest