Page 1 of 1
Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:00 am
by Kaz
Do any of you play any form of table top roleplay or war game?
If so, what rules do you play by?
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:05 am
by Lady Maven
Yes. And that question is not a simple one to answer, I need more information.
Are you talking game system or house rules?
system I play Shadowrun, GURPS, World of Darkness, Pendragon, Rifts, TORG, Star Wars West End, and Heroes, and too many more to count. I used to play D&D and I know the rules to 4e.
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:30 am
by Jezebel
I used to play a number of role play and war games, and played by the rules set by the game master. None of them followed the game's textbook rules exactly.
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:39 am
by owly
i wish i could help ya but this is the only game i play

Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:42 am
by Gili
I table top twice a week ( not sure how i find the time ). Mainly RP type stuff.
Amongst our groups we've played a fair few war game/miniature type stuff...current trend seems to be for AT43.
Wassup?
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:57 am
by Bogumil
Numerous role-playing games though primarily one of the various editions of Dungeons and Dragons and several different war games, mainly Games Workshop and Privateer Press offerings. Of course you can add Settlers of Catan and other, similar games as well.
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:24 am
by owly
i played D&D once as a kid it was fun as hell i wish i played it again or more for that matter.........
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:18 am
by Dwarven Giant
I have played table top games for over 45 years. Fantasy, Science Fiction, past & present, War in all history periods, & future war games as well.
Played Warhammer, Traveller, D&D (from before the Greyhawk supplement), Tractics & dozens of other WWII systems, Napoleonics, as well as most games using paper maps & cardboard units.
I have play tested a couple of games, (Supremacy & Space Empires IV), modified a few existing games for house play & of course, played numerous online games since the Internet became usable to most people.
Give me a new game & I can usually figure out good play methods within minutes.
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:45 am
by asoc
My brother plays Mordheim...
I haven't played any table top game before.
I have played a little PoxNora... sort of like an online tabletop war game.
Like a cross between Magic the gathering and a table top war game.
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:08 am
by owly
i just sank your war ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:24 pm
by asoc
owly wrote:i just sank your war ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post is actually kind of funny:-p
Battleship is technically a table top war game right?
I suppose it could be laptop war game too... But then I bet Venus would be all over that one... With her penis and third boob and all... that resume just screams laptop gamer...
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:35 pm
by Silverwolfe
I havfe four Warhammer 40k Armies sitting in storage back home. Tau, Imperial Guard, Chaos Daemons and a Black Templar army.

a couple thousand dollars worth of models.

When I was in the states I played about one to two games a week.

At the place I play we tend to follow the rules to a t. I do have fun though.