A fit of nostalgia

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

A fit of nostalgia

Postby Hern » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:51 am

So I was sitting here in the middle of the night, listening to some music and I had a fit of nostalgia of my teens and early twenties when some people halfway across the world became my friends. It's funny in a time before social media and behemoth MMO's a group of nerdy misfits understood that the connections we make with others doesn't have to be defined by the proximity of their location. I've kept moderate touch with a few people from the boards, but many more that I lost along the road of adulthood and time management.

There are some people I think about more often and hope that one cay our paths cross again. And a few special that I feel like I need to apologize to, and never got the chance.

For those of you that are out there and remember this weird little girl from Kansas, who's navel was the subject of speculation and who's first drunken spectacle was at the first Reno bash, I'm still alive and well.

Mia_100@yahoo.com is still my email, lol, and if anyone ever wants to catch up, shoot me an email and we can talk on stranger days.

Happiness to all you weirdos out there! :D
Hern
Newbling

Re: A fit of nostalgia

Postby Kaz » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 am

Hey Hern, nice to see you. You should pop in more often.

These days people pop in and out, so it might be a little while before anyone else gets back to you.

I've got the old TB and Canon email addresses for everyone, along with all emails from here, so if there is anyone specific that you wanted to try and reach, send me a message. I can't promise the emails still work, but it's a better chance than nothing :)
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby revchu » Thu May 12, 2016 2:04 pm

I was just reading an article on Radiohead webforums started 20 years ago, comparing them to their modern equivalents on Reddit and the like today, and I was reminded of this place.

Especially this quote on about one of the fan forums today:

"there are allusions made to memorably irritating users, power-hungry moderators, deleted posts, and members who died and are remembered by their usernames. It’s a web of connections woven over nearly 20 years."

Sounds familiar.
revchu
Newbling

Postby Sylandra » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:46 am

::flying tackle::
Sent you a pm. Miss you more than, well, alot of things. Read it and call me. I am medically retired and am home most of the time!!!
In life, understanding is the booby prize. ~ Werner Erhard.
Sylandra
Lost Soul

Return to Comments