Page 1 of 1

4141514: Lunar Eclipse in the works!

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:04 am
by Vilena
~* Your skywatching guide here *~

I'm hoping to have some company for the celestial show tonight 8-) Have my telescope ready but amazingly enough I'm under low clouds and a nice bright moon has allowed my little old Canon powershot to take a couple decent shots of the full moon with Mars lining right up.

#1 - Mars is the wee little red dot above the moon to the left.



Is any one else in view of the full moon now? Share some photos! =)
This should be great!

Re: 4141514: Lunar Eclipse in the works!

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:55 am
by Vilena
Showing just the slightest hint of a pink edge now as Luna moves out of the penumbra .... and into the umbra of Earth's great shadow. oooooo :) ~*stargazing's cool!*~

Re: 4141514: Lunar Eclipse in the works!

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:21 pm
by belin
I work night shift and had the night off, but it was also insanely cold up here in Canada last night, so I just kind of checked in on it from time to time. I took a few pictures of it when it was full...

http://jsteinberg.blogspot.ca/2014/04/i ... onomy.html