Page 1 of 1

I think I understand now ...

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:32 pm
by Reylan Talonspyre
This place is starting to feel like the afterlife. We all walk in, wander around in a daze, and call out to our online families.

It is like the end of Lost, but more satisfying.

But wait.
Where is Portia?

... oh wait, Wisconsin.

So she is in online hell.
Gotcha. Seems fitting.

:reylan:

Re: I think I understand now ...

Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:11 am
by Nymphsong
Unfortunately, after reading comments...I completely agree.

Re: I think I understand now ...

Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:16 pm
by Wretch
Families, careers, and all the other distractions of real life have a funny way of consuming enough hours of the day that getting a full night of sleep is a challenge for many, let alone breaking out the hours of time many of us used to pour into this game.

It's not a misplaced concept to view the present as the afterlife of a relatively carefree youth.
The halls are relatively quiet here more as a matter of demographics than anything else.
As best I can discern, the effort Kaz has made to innovate and adapt the game and communal atmosphere could well be described as Herculean in the face of the reality of Sisyphus.

As tight as my own schedule is, I still like peeking in and seeing old friends around, which is a valued pleasure in itself.

Re: I think I understand now ...

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:17 am
by Tara
Have not watched one episode of Lost, ever.

And maybe if we say Portia's name thrice, she'll be like Maven an' the devil too an' POOF! deys appear!

Wisconsin can't be that much worse than the mountains in Maine connection-wise.

Portia-Portia-PORTIA!! heheh

Heyas Wretch! you still try to get a full night's sleep? why-for? sleep is borrrrrring (well except when the random vivid dream happens, that's kin'a cool)



oh, and :reylan: =)