Im pretty. Never been called that before.
Moderator: Staff
- Atla
- Urban Cowboy w/Guns
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
- Location: In your panties you naughty girl!
Re: Im pretty. Never been called that before.
I'm not being mean. I'm just saying,,,,, Geronimo called and wants you to scalp someone.
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
- Nether
- Elessar
- Posts: 609
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
- Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
- Contact:
Re: Im pretty. Never been called that before.
I think hes like an Inuit or somthing, so hes a native but from a different region.
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.
- bigSparky
- Explorer
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
- Location: lost between Elvis and suicide
Re: Im pretty. Never been called that before.
Funny, that was the first album I ever bought. It's corny now, but I loved that movie.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha
-
Silverwolfe
- Wayfarer
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm
Re: Im pretty. Never been called that before.
Now im gonna sound like a bigot here, but please do not associate me with any of the eskimo tribes. I am an Athabascan and Navajo of the First Nations peoples, and do not have a drop of Yu'pik, Inuit, Inupiaq or any other eskimo blood coursing through my veins...
And as to why I am fighting for the "round" eyes is that... I needed to get out of alaska, Ive always been a fighter.... and im a patriot. The people the atrocities were commited against are all dead and gone, on both sides. And also.... Atla is just behaving like a marine. Im used to it.
MARINE
Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Expected
And as to why I am fighting for the "round" eyes is that... I needed to get out of alaska, Ive always been a fighter.... and im a patriot. The people the atrocities were commited against are all dead and gone, on both sides. And also.... Atla is just behaving like a marine. Im used to it.
MARINE
Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Expected
invictus maneo
Brandon Sean Johnson
Brandon Sean Johnson
- Nether
- Elessar
- Posts: 609
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
- Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
- Contact:
Re: Im pretty. Never been called that before.
my bad, knew you were from alaska but i didn't know there were that many different nations out there.
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.
-
Silverwolfe
- Wayfarer
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm
Re: Im pretty. Never been called that before.
Its no problem Nether. Most people dont know.
ITs a common assumption.
invictus maneo
Brandon Sean Johnson
Brandon Sean Johnson
Re: Im pretty. Never been called that before.
Silverwolfe, I don't view it as bigotry. One of my students at UNR was Shoshone, though he was often mistaken for Pauite because most Native Americans in Reno are Pauite. He always corrected them, and I never once felt he was being a bigot. It would be like me correcting someone who called me French, Danish or something other than what I am, Irish and English. I don't feel superior to non-Irish/English people. Bigotry is when people feel their ethnicity/religion/etc. makes them superior.Now im gonna sound like a bigot here
Silverwolfe, I'm sure you're aware that there has been a proud tradition of Native Americans fighting for American, even before they were considered American citizens. This webpage highlights some of them:And as to why I am fighting for the "round" eyes is that... I needed to get out of alaska, Ive always been a fighter.... and im a patriot.
http://www.shsu.edu/~his_ncp/NAWWII.html
- Lady Maven
- Teacher
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
- Contact:
Re: Im pretty. Never been called that before.
I'm a mutt, doesn't matter what you call me, you are probably right.
Hubby's maternal grandmother was Cherokee and Apache, his maternal Grandfather was German (yes from Germany). His father and his paterna; grandparents are Mexicans. I call him a CheAp White Mexican.
Hubby's maternal grandmother was Cherokee and Apache, his maternal Grandfather was German (yes from Germany). His father and his paterna; grandparents are Mexicans. I call him a CheAp White Mexican.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
-
Silverwolfe
- Wayfarer
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm
Re: Im pretty. Never been called that before.
Oh yes, I am aware of the Native American tradition of fighting for the United States. I was just commenting on what Atla said. Im not big into racial slurs, and I am a firm believer in respect.
invictus maneo
Brandon Sean Johnson
Brandon Sean Johnson
Re: Im pretty. Never been called that before.
As am I. Grew up in a extremely racist, rednecked family (except for Native Americans, because my mom thought she had Cherokee blood. Turns out she doesn't). Because I judge people by whether they are good, honorable people and not on the race/creed/ethnicity, needless to say me and my family disowned each other a long time ago.Im not big into racial slurs, and I am a firm believer in respect.
- Lady Maven
- Teacher
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
- Contact:
Re: Im pretty. Never been called that before.
I hear ya Jez. My family pretends they are not bigots but a convo with them for more than 15 minutes on ANY social issues proves they are. I moved to Reno to get the heck away from them.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest