Interview

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
Contact:

Re: Interview

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:59 am

Twisting Nether, sounds like a sexual position.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers

User avatar
Raknarak
Lost Soul
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:37 am
Location: The Boring Unknown

Re: Interview

Post by Raknarak » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:16 am

For about half a second, I was going to show some server pride, and defend the name. Then, I thought about how it's a RPPVP server, and how often my toon has been gang-banged by the Horde.

So, yeah, I guess it -is- a sexual position. *ROFL*
Do yOu Wonder who
Knows Any New or
unheard Tales By Homer?

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Interview

Post by MoP » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:55 am

Congrats, Rey.

Isn't WoW all about seducing 12yr olds, especially now Atla's on there?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
Captain Ron
Lost Soul
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Interview

Post by Captain Ron » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:24 pm

You worked for Fraud monitoring? Maybe you sent me my new card last week. Thanks a lot. lol.

I have to wait till next week to find out if I got the job. I was the first called in for a 2nd interview. Hopefully that means saving the best for first.

Good luck at the new place.
That don't sound like he's speakin' American! Get 'im!

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Interview

Post by Nagash » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Good luck, Ronperson!
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
TEVA
Explorer
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:02 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Interview

Post by TEVA » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:58 pm

congratulations Rey on the new job I hope it goes well for you!!
"Life is too short to be fighting"

User avatar
Portia
Wayfarer
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:28 am

Re: Interview

Post by Portia » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Good luck to you as well then Capt'n!
Empress of The Hegemony
I haz a mind, just ask Nagash

User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Interview

Post by Venus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:37 pm

congrats:P

now find me a job:P
Wow do i need a new signature or what. suggestions??
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>

User avatar
Teanos
Within the Shadows
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
Contact:

Re: Interview

Post by Teanos » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:04 am

Grats.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.

User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
Contact:

Re: Interview

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Congratulations Ron, I always like to believe that you are a shoe-in when you get the second interview, and I am usually right.

I was in Fraud Operations. It makes you think that we are actually monitoring your account, but we are not, that is handled by a computer. And the card sending process takes only a few seconds. If your account was a small business account, then yes, I sent you your card or one of my friends. Now if it is a consumer account, it was one of the millions of faceless drones that did your work. They are much nicer than my small business team.

We are kind of told to do ten times more things in a system ten times older for the same pay and standards of the newer department. We get a little bitter. But we have loyal customers who don't like all the scripting shit and just want to get the hell off the phone.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers

Immigrant
Explorer
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Interview

Post by Immigrant » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:03 pm

'grats all around!

...was pretty chuffed this week myself - was sat down by the boss, fully expecting to get the sack given the times, and instead was encouraged to apply for advancement.

must be something in the air.. one can only hope

User avatar
Nato
Wayfarer
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:40 am
Location: Georgia

Re: Interview

Post by Nato » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:17 pm

Portia, I type 70ish wpm and I get a lot of comments at work about my mad skillz. I can't imagine what people say when you type, you freak of nature!!

User avatar
Captain Ron
Lost Soul
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Interview

Post by Captain Ron » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:25 am

Thanks Rey, and everyone else for their well-wishes. I missed a call from them on Friday while I was making a late lunch. It was about 2:45 and the voicemail said: " I am leaving in five minutes if You can't reach me by then call back on Monday." So I called back, but was too late. Now all I have thought about all weekend was this call. It is either you got the job, or eff off I never want to hear from you again. lol. My references told me that they got calls so I'm thinking that is a good sign.

We'll see tomorrow.

Now I just have to go through the courts to get $3200 from my old 'boss' I'll probably never get my W-2. :/
That don't sound like he's speakin' American! Get 'im!

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Interview

Post by Nagash » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:43 am

Do let us know, mate. :)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Captain Ron
Lost Soul
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Interview

Post by Captain Ron » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:11 pm

Dear Internets,

I am now in the employ as a Helpdesk Technician at a Hospice facility. Thank you all for our thoughts and prayers in this trying time. Well, as long as I pass a drug test(not a problem at all) and some other tests then I will be employed.

Thanks again. Sorry to jack Reylan's thread.
That don't sound like he's speakin' American! Get 'im!

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Interview

Post by MoP » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Well done :D
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Interview

Post by Nagash » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Woo! Boozing time for you!!


I have an interview next Thursday. Wish me luck too, it seems to help. ;)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Captain Ron
Lost Soul
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Interview

Post by Captain Ron » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:27 pm

Good luck Nagash! Just don't let them know you spam this place up and you'll be fine.
That don't sound like he's speakin' American! Get 'im!

User avatar
Portia
Wayfarer
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:28 am

Re: Interview

Post by Portia » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 am

Grats Cappy!

And don't worry about jacking Rey's thread. If you hadn't I would have eventually.
Empress of The Hegemony
I haz a mind, just ask Nagash

User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
Contact:

Re: Interview

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:07 am

That is kind of her job. And Captain, you are always welcome to change topics.

Congratulations!
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest