What has the web come to lol
Moderator: Staff
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
What has the web come to lol
I just googled 'romantic picnic' and the 6th hit is a World of Warcraft spell
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- bigSparky
- Explorer
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
- Location: lost between Elvis and suicide
Re: What has the web come to lol
That's actually kind of interesting. When I got my first PC 30 odd years ago it was running msdos 3.0 and I don't think windows had even come out till about a year later. We sure have advanced, lol.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha
- Nether
- Elessar
- Posts: 609
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
- Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
- Contact:
Re: What has the web come to lol
god you people are OLD
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: What has the web come to lol
Nether wrote:god you people are OLD
so is that statement because i googled 'romatic picnic', or because i was surprised to see warcraft in the results rather than ideas and tips for planning a picnic?
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Jokingjoe
- Second Centurion
- Posts: 1204
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm
- Location: New Bern, NC
- Contact:
Re: What has the web come to lol
heh, maybe 25 years ago Sparky.
Kaz, I'm not overly surprised, WOW has had such an huge following and impact on online gaming over the years, and continues to go strong.
Kaz, I'm not overly surprised, WOW has had such an huge following and impact on online gaming over the years, and continues to go strong.
- Lady Maven
- Teacher
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
- Contact:
Re: What has the web come to lol
Kaz, you are old because you live in Europe. We all pretty much get our European views from Are You Being Served. NO ONE on that show could be called young. <weg>
I remember my first computer had a cassette player as a hard drive. My second was a Trash 80, no Windows, every time it was started you had to load DOS.
I remember my first computer had a cassette player as a hard drive. My second was a Trash 80, no Windows, every time it was started you had to load DOS.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
- bigSparky
- Explorer
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
- Location: lost between Elvis and suicide
Re: What has the web come to lol
Uhm, ok, not quite 30. It was the spring of 1982 or 1983. Got it off of some television auction show, and was supposed to be cutting edge. 128K RAM, two single layer floppies that you had to load the OS off of first every time you went to use it. Thermal printer, CalcStar and WordStar, and a host of other completely useless software. The chips to expand the RAM to 256K cost more than the comp,LoL.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha
Re: What has the web come to lol
My first computer was a apple talk about a mind fuck. All I could do on it was play games.......
i know what you said about my Momma
Re: What has the web come to lol
That does sound like a pleasant spell. Im not sure if you saw the screen shots but it looks pretty classy, definitely something Id consider for a first date.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
http://www.Flapship.com
http://www.Flapship.com
- Lady Maven
- Teacher
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
- Contact:
Re: What has the web come to lol
Ah HAH!! found it!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Person ... sette_tape
A freaking cassette player, lol. But it was SoTA at the time and I was a tech spoiled kid and HAD to have one!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Person ... sette_tape
A freaking cassette player, lol. But it was SoTA at the time and I was a tech spoiled kid and HAD to have one!!
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
- bigSparky
- Explorer
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
- Location: lost between Elvis and suicide
Re: What has the web come to lol
This was mine, a Sanyo MBC-550.
http://www.digibarn.com/collections/sys ... index.html
Spring of 83 so 28 years. Came with a little thermal printer, the paper maybe 6 inches wide. REEEEEEEEALLY slow. Slower than the initial Canon site during a war on dial-up, LoL. Think about that for second though. When I first found us, I'd bet the vast majority were still on dial up. I was on Web TV for crying out loud. We really have teched up in the last ten years or so. Whether it's progress or not, now there's a question.
http://www.digibarn.com/collections/sys ... index.html
Spring of 83 so 28 years. Came with a little thermal printer, the paper maybe 6 inches wide. REEEEEEEEALLY slow. Slower than the initial Canon site during a war on dial-up, LoL. Think about that for second though. When I first found us, I'd bet the vast majority were still on dial up. I was on Web TV for crying out loud. We really have teched up in the last ten years or so. Whether it's progress or not, now there's a question.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha
- Dwarven Giant
- Newbling
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:26 am
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Re: What has the web come to lol
Mine was the ZX-81. Carried a 4"tv & a caassette player in a bag. Yep, I have a protable computer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX81
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX81
Guild's Best Scummer in any Faith
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest