Please Help Fight against cancer

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

Post Reply
User avatar
TEVA
Explorer
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:02 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Please Help Fight against cancer

Post by TEVA » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:59 am

Friends, Family, and Supporters,



This August marks the fifthanniversary of my Dad’s diagnosis with Sarcoma (a soft tissue cancer) in hisankle. When I received the call from my mom, I had a grave feeling that thiswas more serious than expected. Within that first week, after multiple testsand scans, they discovered that his cancer had already metastasized to hisprostate, lungs, thyroid, and his other leg. I could hardly believe it, my herowas now injured, and wounded. I struggled with college as the distractions andfears of the unknown filled my mind. Early on, this experience taught me asense of reality and humanity, as my Dad would tell me, “There are biggerthings in life to worry about, Danielle.” It became a self motto and creed inreprioritizing life as I knew it.



Thefollowing five years proved to be the most subtly difficult years I have everknown. I saw my dad wither away, lose a limb, suffer short bouts of dementia,and cry, all of which I had never seen from him. The chemotherapy hardly seemedlike therapy, it was a bitter foe versus a friend. It took its toll on him fromthe inside out and on April 16th, 2011 he lost his battle due tokidney failure. In my mind I kept thinking, “Some other daughter is going tolose her Dad because of cancer.” It was hard to fathom that there are so manypeople affected by this disease, and the realization that it’s not just thepatient that suffers; it’s the family and friends, too.



As anemployee at Mellow Johnny’s, Lance Armstrong’s bike shop in downtown Austin, Ihave been able to learn of the positive impact that the LIVESTRONG foundationhas on our world and my community here in Austin. If you're not aware,LIVESTRONG is a foundation that seeks to inspire and empower people affected bycancer. LIVESTRONG unites others, such as you and I, who are interested in makingcancer a global priority. By hosting events such as the LIVESTRONG Challenge,the foundation fundraises money to support more cancer research and communityresources.



On October 16th, I'mgoing ride the 65 mile course of the Austin LIVESTRONG Challenge in honor of myDad. In addition to this, I'm hoping to raise $2000.00 for the fight againstcancer. With your help and support, I know I can accomplish both. I've establisheda personal website http://austin2011.livestrong.org/daniellebotello, where you can learn more about my participation and contributeto the cause. Every donation, however big or small, is one that makes adifference.



To those who have reached out to me over the last fiveyears, I’d like to thank you for the personal support you have given me in thislife changing journey. Thank you for your donations to this foundation and myteam!



Sincerely,

Danielle
"Life is too short to be fighting"

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Please Help Fight against cancer

Post by owly » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:04 am

Very honorable daped in righteousness

I will donate 20 bucks to the effort

Next month tho
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
TEVA
Explorer
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:02 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Please Help Fight against cancer

Post by TEVA » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:09 am

$20 isa good egough for me and my daughter. Thanks Owly
"Life is too short to be fighting"

User avatar
TEVA
Explorer
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:02 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Please Help Fight against cancer

Post by TEVA » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:32 am

She has raised $600 so far needs $1400 more to make her goal. Please donate
On October 16th, I'mgoing ride the 65 mile course of the Austin LIVESTRONG Challenge in honor of myDad. In addition to this, I'm hoping to raise $2000.00 for the fight againstcancer. With your help and support, I know I can accomplish both. I've establisheda personal website http://austin2011.livestrong.org/daniellebotello, where you can learn more about my participation and contributeto the cause. Every donation, however big or small, is one that makes adifference.
"Life is too short to be fighting"

User avatar
TEVA
Explorer
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:02 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Please Help Fight against cancer

Post by TEVA » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:49 am

bump
"Life is too short to be fighting"

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Please Help Fight against cancer

Post by owly » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:37 am

Bumpy bump bump :mrgreen:
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
TEVA
Explorer
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:02 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Please Help Fight against cancer

Post by TEVA » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:31 am

Bump
"Life is too short to be fighting"

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Please Help Fight against cancer

Post by owly » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Hey teva did you make your mark? I was glad to help I also give to my adopted kid every month, he sends men a letter everyother week that he writes in school, smart devil, he's a lot smarter than me at that age.
i know what you said about my Momma

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest