Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Moderator: Staff
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Do any of you play any form of table top roleplay or war game?
If so, what rules do you play by?
If so, what rules do you play by?
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Lady Maven
- Teacher
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
- Contact:
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Yes. And that question is not a simple one to answer, I need more information.
Are you talking game system or house rules?
system I play Shadowrun, GURPS, World of Darkness, Pendragon, Rifts, TORG, Star Wars West End, and Heroes, and too many more to count. I used to play D&D and I know the rules to 4e.
Are you talking game system or house rules?
system I play Shadowrun, GURPS, World of Darkness, Pendragon, Rifts, TORG, Star Wars West End, and Heroes, and too many more to count. I used to play D&D and I know the rules to 4e.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
I used to play a number of role play and war games, and played by the rules set by the game master. None of them followed the game's textbook rules exactly.
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
i wish i could help ya but this is the only game i play 
i know what you said about my Momma
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
I table top twice a week ( not sure how i find the time ). Mainly RP type stuff.
Amongst our groups we've played a fair few war game/miniature type stuff...current trend seems to be for AT43.
Wassup?
Amongst our groups we've played a fair few war game/miniature type stuff...current trend seems to be for AT43.
Wassup?
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
Numerous role-playing games though primarily one of the various editions of Dungeons and Dragons and several different war games, mainly Games Workshop and Privateer Press offerings. Of course you can add Settlers of Catan and other, similar games as well.
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
i played D&D once as a kid it was fun as hell i wish i played it again or more for that matter.........
i know what you said about my Momma
- Dwarven Giant
- Newbling
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:26 am
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
I have played table top games for over 45 years. Fantasy, Science Fiction, past & present, War in all history periods, & future war games as well.
Played Warhammer, Traveller, D&D (from before the Greyhawk supplement), Tractics & dozens of other WWII systems, Napoleonics, as well as most games using paper maps & cardboard units.
I have play tested a couple of games, (Supremacy & Space Empires IV), modified a few existing games for house play & of course, played numerous online games since the Internet became usable to most people.
Give me a new game & I can usually figure out good play methods within minutes.
Played Warhammer, Traveller, D&D (from before the Greyhawk supplement), Tractics & dozens of other WWII systems, Napoleonics, as well as most games using paper maps & cardboard units.
I have play tested a couple of games, (Supremacy & Space Empires IV), modified a few existing games for house play & of course, played numerous online games since the Internet became usable to most people.
Give me a new game & I can usually figure out good play methods within minutes.
Guild's Best Scummer in any Faith
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
My brother plays Mordheim...
I haven't played any table top game before.
I have played a little PoxNora... sort of like an online tabletop war game.
Like a cross between Magic the gathering and a table top war game.
I haven't played any table top game before.
I have played a little PoxNora... sort of like an online tabletop war game.
Like a cross between Magic the gathering and a table top war game.
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
i just sank your war ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i know what you said about my Momma
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
This post is actually kind of funny:-powly wrote:i just sank your war ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Battleship is technically a table top war game right?
I suppose it could be laptop war game too... But then I bet Venus would be all over that one... With her penis and third boob and all... that resume just screams laptop gamer...
-
Silverwolfe
- Wayfarer
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm
Re: Tabletop War and Roleplay Games
I havfe four Warhammer 40k Armies sitting in storage back home. Tau, Imperial Guard, Chaos Daemons and a Black Templar army.
a couple thousand dollars worth of models.
When I was in the states I played about one to two games a week.
At the place I play we tend to follow the rules to a t. I do have fun though.
invictus maneo
Brandon Sean Johnson
Brandon Sean Johnson
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest