Please Help to make Torkano Miniature

~ Development Forum for the Monarchy Online game, the Wars of Tonan miniatures game, and for planning Heros of Tonan miniatures.

Moderators: Kaz, Staff

owly
Sage

Please Help to make Torkano Miniature

Post by owly » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:29 am

Check mornachy fb thread for Info: Evernighters Assemble
Lets get on the ball guys this is long over due...
i know what you said about my Momma

Grunt
Teacher

Re: Please Help to make Torkano Miniature

Post by Grunt » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:16 pm

My Grunt miniture only cost like 200 bucks or so to have made

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 am

If money becomes a issue I'll pay :)...

Kaz
Administrator
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz

Post by Kaz » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:53 pm

Let's not worry about the money side of things at the moment.

I'll need a decent description, preferably including a real life photo (which I think would be nice to see his real face on the mini) and preferably including some details from people that actually roleplayed with Tork back in the day.

Thinking about it, it might also be nice to get descriptions for our other fallen heros, like Rath, Sart, Tekmet etc
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:59 pm

For Non-Facebookers
Owly Sabourin
Evernighters Assemble!
Like · · Unfollow Post · October 17 at 7:19pm via mobile

Brett Borsvold likes this.
Yorick Debeus Where?
October 17 at 8:53pm · Like
Owly Sabourin Lol no where really I'm bored waiting for a reply in fb so I was reading all the posts in this thread. Didn't the powerrangers used to go power rangers assemble? And I was interested in who would respond. I'm thinking of paying kaz to make a tork miniature, how does the miniatures work anyways is only one made or is it mass produced?
October 17 at 10:37pm via mobile · Like
Yorick Debeus Ehm.... ask the Oliver Piotrowski?

And you know I'm the responsive type :P
October 17 at 10:41pm · Like
Debbie Kaeding Nelson I am always around
October 18 at 7:55am · Like
Oliver Piotrowski owly, the idea of paying for a miniature works well when they are selling, but as they dont seem to be, I cancelled the commission and make a bit of money idea. One of my sculptors wants to do some characters (rather than generics) and asked me to come up with some player-heros. I messaged the people that had previously showed interest, but as yet nobody has come back with a description. Get me descriptions for miniatures based on player-heros and I'll get them created without cash required. A Tork miniature is a great idea.
October 22 at 6:32pm · Like · 1 person
Owly Sabourin Sad the idea seemed to be such a good one, atleast from the sound of it sculptures will carry on. The idea came to about tork way back when grunt had one of himself made, the game and tork are woven into each other the game ment everything to tork I think even more so than my feelings towards it. It would be suiting...
October 22 at 8:29pm via mobile · Like
Owly Sabourin Oh sculptors not sculptures my bad...
October 22 at 8:32pm via mobile · Like
Oliver Piotrowski If the people that roleplayed with tork put together a brief, i'll get him sculpted
October 22 at 8:36pm · Like
Steven Nguyen i only know tork as a normal person. but maybe we can list his character traits and tie it into a character that would fit him. for an example I would draw out reylan to be a jester. :)
October 23 at 11:10pm via mobile · Like
Owly Sabourin Reyrey a jester that's perfect
Monday at 12:06am via mobile · Like
Yorick Debeus We should just dig up some old threads for a good description. Shouldn't muck up the description Tork gave by making it our interpretation, imo.
Monday at 4:37pm · Like
Oliver Piotrowski come up with a brief, and I'll get it done. Once someone has some ideas, make a thread on monarchs glen. That'll give people like Grunt (doesnt like facebook) the chance for input. If anyone has a decent face shot from real life, that could be part of the miniature.
Monday at 5:34pm · Like

I have just sent a message over Facebook to Lisa (Torkano's Wife) asking for her input.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science

Grunt
Teacher

Post by Grunt » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:36 am

I am more than willing to offset some costs for all of our fallen warriors

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:34 am

Thanks for the offer Grunt, we'll see how it goes to start.

I quite like the idea of doing a miniature for some (if not all) of our Fallen friends. I was considering including a donation to an international charity related to the way each of them died, in the final miniature price. Make it a special collection.

We'd need descriptions and preferably some real life photos for :

Torkano
Rathowen
Sartorious
Tekmet
DarkWolf
Loupy
Bo Ri Kat
Lady Fury
Lady Urydie

It might be hard to get appropriate descriptions without finding contact for some players that havn't been around for years, and dragging them back.

Starting with Tork should not be too hard though. Plenty here remember him.

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:32 am

Your heart is vast and deep Kaz I'll be willing to donate to the cause as well with Mighty Grunt...

asoc
Explorer

Post by asoc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:06 am

Regarding Tork, need a glowing blue ball implemented into it somewhere, somehow...

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:54 pm

I just went through the Maxim Archive. Torkano roleplayed quite a bit although did not often describe his own character. I've pulled a few key points out.

The blue orb came up in an early post, but it was related to his female elf character `Armitage` rather than the Torkano character

In the bulk of his roleplay (IOM) he leads a pirate army, but doesn't roleplay being at sea. I'm thinking a slight pirate influence to the miniature, but only slight.
Torkano sat upon his horse wearing his brilliantly crafted armor. He had his guild markings on his spaulders and on his breastplate. His broad sword was on his left side and his throwing axe on his right stapped to his hip. His finger gaunlets were gold and encrusted with jewels. They were made when his kingdom was very rich and thriving. After the current war things drastically changed, however. Not much food after the fires and his military and merchants were few now.
Torkano pulled back his long hair that was infront of his face.

The power's that the sword posses im not entirly sure but im aware of a few from the lore book's ive read.I know it has a Rapid strike attack and Fire resistance.The rest the sword will show you in time.
Very well. I grew up in a small village raised by my grandfather. I was abandoned by my parents when I was 2 years of age. He taught me many things, mainly how to use a sword and the skills of being a proficient warrior. Over the years, I refined my skills and have fought in many tournaments and won. Bat found me and took me in as his trusted friend to rule with him. I have a long time friend, a mage, named Raetin. I trust him like no other and he goes everywhere with me. He tries to teach me some magic but I am not that inclined. I know a few things but not much. I had an accident which nearly torched his hair back in the day. Needless to say, he quit teaching me for some time to come. I have yet to settle down with anyone and start a family. I have been too busy fighting wars to even have a relationship. I'd love it if I could. Maybe it just isn't in the stars for me.
He remembered that the sword sensed evil
While Torkano was fighting, he noticed he had an increase in strength and dexterity. These must have been other attributes of Nightblade
It started to rain and Torkano pulled the hood of his cloak over his head
Careful look revealed the etched words Nightblade on the sword.
I am human and you are elven. That doesn't matter to me.
Ok, we have enough for a basic description. I'd love a real photo for the face if anyone has a good one.

With those facts in mind, what other ideas are important. His early roleplay character is quite a serious charcter and decent leader.

Later he mostly posted in taverns, and to be honest seemed a little mad

e.g.

day dreaming entering the pub and randomly killing all his mates, then walkiing up and telling them about it laughing

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:14 am

The only one I have :(...

bigSparky
Explorer

Post by bigSparky » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:30 am

I too would like to kick in for our fallen. I could spare a hundred bucks or so, tell me where to send it. But get me quick while I'm still working prevailing wage, lol.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:21 am

I'm not asking for money, but if you do wish to donate to help make this a quicker process, the paypal account for the miniatures company is [ tablewarfare ] [ a t ] [ tablewarfare ] [ d o t ] [ com ]

Make sure we get your address so we can post out copies of the figures we get done, in return.

Include a note saying that the investment is specifically for the fallen heros range. Also include your posting name.

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:25 am

I'll donate $100.00 $25.00 a pop for four months starting in December or January depending on financial/finances. ;).

Edit/I have a PayPal accoutrements so I'll do it like that. I got birthdays in November and a late wedding gift in December but maybe I can send first payment in Dec, depending.
Last edited by owly on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:29 am

owly,

I dont think i met tork in person.

which of the two is he?

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:30 am

didnt see that post.

thank you, and if you cant, dont feel bad

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:32 am

The one in the cap, he's skinny because of ailment...

He's probably at tempersball, I seen pictures of him and he lost a lot of weight...

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:45 am

I'll go hunt out the old picture threads.

Btw, if anybody invests make sure you include a note saying that the investment is specifically for the 'Tonan : Fallen Heros' range. Also include your posting name.

bigSparky
Explorer

Post by bigSparky » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:59 am

Too late, already sent :)
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:07 am

Thanks very much :)

Return to “Tonan Development”