The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Moderator: Staff
The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
I am sad to share this, but as some of you were fond friends of his at one time, I thought it was appropriate. Rathowen, or Donavon Fox, passed away in his sleep last night. His mother called me this morning.
I've known Donavon going on 10+ years and it was directly because of this game. I'm a bit too stunned to write more still, but I wanted it known. I know he was in an old NWN guild and typically played a Paladin, so if you have information on those, please PM me with it. Brian, I think you and he were in the same one for some other game.
He died young, but left behind a legacy of being an impeccable gentlemen, a great friend, a very loving son, devoted brother, and an outstanding adopted Uncle for my children.
I've known Donavon going on 10+ years and it was directly because of this game. I'm a bit too stunned to write more still, but I wanted it known. I know he was in an old NWN guild and typically played a Paladin, so if you have information on those, please PM me with it. Brian, I think you and he were in the same one for some other game.
He died young, but left behind a legacy of being an impeccable gentlemen, a great friend, a very loving son, devoted brother, and an outstanding adopted Uncle for my children.
- Lady Maven
- Teacher
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
- Contact:
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend
Oh no. Oh that is so horrid. How? What happened?
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend
oh no:(
Wow do i need a new signature or what. suggestions??
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>
- Nether
- Elessar
- Posts: 609
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
- Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
- Contact:
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend
*hangs head in silence*
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend
I'm sorry to learn of this. I met him briefly at the North Carolina bash. I remember that he loved this place and went to nearly all, if not all, of the Monarchy bashes.
- Teanos
- Within the Shadows
- Posts: 406
- Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
- Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
- Contact:
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend
Damn.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do, and please pass along Chan and my condolences to his family. He was a great guy and I am really regretting I failed to keep in better touch with him over the years.
if/when you find out about any funeral arrangements please let me know as well.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do, and please pass along Chan and my condolences to his family. He was a great guy and I am really regretting I failed to keep in better touch with him over the years.
if/when you find out about any funeral arrangements please let me know as well.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Another of the clan passes 
Guess we'll need to put together an In Memory forum over here too
RIP Rath
Guess we'll need to put together an In Memory forum over here too
RIP Rath
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
I def. have to say he was a great part of the Marion bash I went to. That guy was a class act(like Dangerfield); why do those guys always go early.
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Saw the message on FB; I remember him, though I didn't really talk to him much. Damn, that sucks so bad! My prayers and thoughts are with his family right now. ;____;
LoF for life! *hits up Sargz0r all ni...all the time*
Whit Happens!
<Dreamskull> dysh has a large mouth and pouncing abilities, you just need to get them working for you
I accidentally Evernight...is this bad?
Whit Happens!
<Dreamskull> dysh has a large mouth and pouncing abilities, you just need to get them working for you
I accidentally Evernight...is this bad?
- Reylan Talonspyre
- Teacher
- Posts: 537
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 am
- Contact:
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
I am so sorry to hear this news. He was an absurdly funny, good natured man. My fondest memory of him was when he was staying awake for almost the entire weekend at the Chicago Bash, drinking and playing spades.
This is a tragic day. My thoughts and prayers go to his family and the friends he left behind.
So long Rath. Glad I met you.
I hope someone can find the picture of Rathowen, Maverick, and myself on a train wreck of a team for Star Wars Trivial Pursuit.
I would like to have that for posterity's sake.
This is a tragic day. My thoughts and prayers go to his family and the friends he left behind.
So long Rath. Glad I met you.
I hope someone can find the picture of Rathowen, Maverick, and myself on a train wreck of a team for Star Wars Trivial Pursuit.
I would like to have that for posterity's sake.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers
Gatekeepers
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Donovan was a stellar guy and I'm finding once again that I'm just in shock and "speechless" to learn of the passing of someone who played a part in some of my fondest memories. It seems terribly unfair that such a kind, smart, witty and downright good person was taken from us.
Dustin, my thoughts and prayers are with you and his family. If you find out an "in lieu of" charity the family would like donations made in his name to, please let me know.
Dustin, my thoughts and prayers are with you and his family. If you find out an "in lieu of" charity the family would like donations made in his name to, please let me know.
Empress of The Hegemony
I haz a mind, just ask Nagash
I haz a mind, just ask Nagash
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
This just breaks my heart. Donavon was one of the greatest people I had ever had the honor to meet.
We had so much fun at all the bashes. I will always be his #1 hoe from New Orleans.
He always had a smile on his face, even after we put make-up on him when he passed out.
We will miss him dearly. My sympathy is with his family and your family to Dustin.
We had so much fun at all the bashes. I will always be his #1 hoe from New Orleans.
He always had a smile on his face, even after we put make-up on him when he passed out.
We will miss him dearly. My sympathy is with his family and your family to Dustin.
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
well fuck.
i met don at the toronto bash. he was quite possibly one of the funniest guys i have ever met. had a blast listening to his stories and watching him drop his camera, break it, then try to "fix" it by dropping it again on purpose.
what a loss for everyone who knew him.
hope youre rockin out w/your cock out dude wherever you are!
i met don at the toronto bash. he was quite possibly one of the funniest guys i have ever met. had a blast listening to his stories and watching him drop his camera, break it, then try to "fix" it by dropping it again on purpose.
what a loss for everyone who knew him.
hope youre rockin out w/your cock out dude wherever you are!
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Rath/Donovan was a butt-touching, feather-sporting, hard-working, hard-playing sweet and funny man whom I had the pleasure of meeting three times, and the honor to know for several years.
I smile and laugh when i think of him and cried when I was told he is gone. That he went in his sleep is, I hope, a blessing. I do not know if you can ask for more, but if you can, then I would ask that he be allowed to laugh and joke after here as he did while he was here.
My sincere condolences to his family and to his friends. He was (pardon the phrase) a good man.
I smile and laugh when i think of him and cried when I was told he is gone. That he went in his sleep is, I hope, a blessing. I do not know if you can ask for more, but if you can, then I would ask that he be allowed to laugh and joke after here as he did while he was here.
My sincere condolences to his family and to his friends. He was (pardon the phrase) a good man.
In life, understanding is the booby prize. ~ Werner Erhard.
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
shit! not good :'(
Condolences to his family
Condolences to his family
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Sad news, once more 
My thoughts are with his friends and family.
My thoughts are with his friends and family.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
Sorry to hear it.... yet another death in our midst... 
Condolences to his family and friends.
Condolences to his family and friends.
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
I was in shock when Elfie called me last night.
This is such sad news.
Rath was such a nice guy, and he always kept us in stitches laughing at the bashes.
He was always a good sport when we joked around.
It was a pleasure to have known him, and I am so sorry to hear of his passing.
My condolances Dustin to you and your family, as well as his family, and the community.

This is such sad news.
Rath was such a nice guy, and he always kept us in stitches laughing at the bashes.
He was always a good sport when we joked around.
It was a pleasure to have known him, and I am so sorry to hear of his passing.
My condolances Dustin to you and your family, as well as his family, and the community.
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
My condolences.
“We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence",
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut Invenirem ~
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut Invenirem ~
Re: The Passing of a Dear Friend (Rathowen/Donavon RIP)
If any of you have pictures or anecdotes of Donavon that you'd like to share, please post them here. I plan on collecting them and creating a book for his mother and father.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest