Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

In memory fallen warriors: Bo Ri Kat, Sartorious, Lady Urydie, Loupy, DarkWolf, Torkano/Voice Dax, Rathowen/Donovan, Lady Fury, Tekmet, Misty Moonlight

Moderator: Staff

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Postby virch » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Thanks for tracking me down.....though the news tragic I am glad to know rather then the alternative. Ive read all the post above and thought about alot of people and times i had here. Phone calls from fo and tal and some other dude nimoy i am not sure ii even remember him lol...I will certainly be ambarresed when i relive who it is lol ........still cant type and it seams even worse if that possible........cramping........

I am not sure that there has ever been a tighter gruop then the core tne guys....that stayed together so long....i rather doubt it............but what a ride it was.............

years ago one fo the guys made me a little virch vidio...i honestly thought it was torkie...but now that i see asoc posting...it might very well have been him.....i blame this on age......the only real excuse that ever held up for me over the years........if it was truly asoc...rather then a sorry...we will chalk that up to one more brief moment of disrespect...which asoc over the years was quite used too.......lol

could anyone really tell them two apart....poor me had to deal with both of them at the same time...the alts..omg the alts......and coming to chat with the wrong names on....and laughing at me all the time.....*sighs*

Sarts passing for me was certainly the most painful thing i have ever experienced....spending the last 6 months with him online, knowing he was dying.....him finding the strenght to log on for a few mintues in war chat between being sick from his oral kemo......this news of torkies passing just leaves me shocked and speachless. I am sure over the days to come i will experience more emotion and spend hours remembing the times we had together, so its p[robly best i posted now while i am able.....

the email i sent to lisa torkies wife.....

For the last two days now my phone and email has been going crazy, it seams that i am not that hard to find after all....which is the way I have always prefered it. Though the news of torkies passing is terrible painful for me, it has been buffered some with contact from very good friends which i had lost touch with. Tal beren and fo mostly. I am so sorry for your loss, and can not fathom the pain and emotions that you have endured.

I beleive tork was around 15 when we first met, I seam to recall him getting his first car, though now in hidesight I am not sure...as you get older things do fog up a bit.It seams though that tork would go mia for periods of time while we played cannon, the ones i recall were as follows. His first car........he found world of warcraft.....and when he met you......

There were so many good times that we shared over the 10 years we played together. my favorite of course was the little virch movie he made for me...sad it was lost on my last pc crash.....of all the players that played and followed me, one thing that was real weird was everyone always told me everything.....things they couldnt share with others. he never told me he was sick.....that is amazing.

I hope this finds you well, and i wish you the very best luck as you move foward, I found your facebook link and torks and plan on visiting both..........................virch

ill check back and re read this over the next few days...
virch
Newbling

Postby asoc » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Yeah, Virch, I made the video.

I made one for Tork too.
asoc
Explorer

Postby Maverick » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Tork was a good guy and a great player. I had wondered what had happened to him, but just assumed that he didnt make the transfer over and one day would find his way here. It must have been devastating for his family and I can only wish them the best and hope that they can get through this.

Wherever you may be Tork, here is to you and your family.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

http://www.Flapship.com
Maverick
Explorer

Postby Teanos » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Hey Virch,

I'm glad Fo was able to get ahold of you. Like I just told him in PM I've been kicking myself for days after having met you multiple times at the different bashes for not doing something more to keep in touch, especially after TNE's last age. I guess I always took for granted people would trickle back in due time. It pains me that it has to be under these sad circumstances and I don't want to waste anymore of a thread that should be dedicated totally to Tork and his memory - but I just wanted to say thanks for posting, and also express thanks to Fo, Killie, Stryfe, Calis, Kain and all the others who's name escapes me at this point and time for coming back and posting in recogniation of Tork.

Several people have gone out of their way to thank me for keeping this place around, as I said earlier its situations like this that make it all worth it.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.
Teanos
Within the Shadows

Postby Sturm » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:55 pm

RiP Tork :(
“We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence",
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut Invenirem ~
Sturm
Explorer

Postby owly » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:15 pm

i remember the first time in chat with Torky TNE and DOC was in the same faith i remember Torkano went out of his way to make me feel comfortable. i miss his presence on the boards god he could make me laugh and other times he'd make me think. Why do all the good guys go first. i crumbled a j to the earth in his honor and a beer. i believe he's in a better place right now and waiting on all his friends down here to come home ourselves, that's what i believe.........
i know what you said about my Momma
owly
Sage

Postby Imo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:22 am

RIP Tork
The enemy of the enemy is my friend.
Imo
Wayfarer

Postby Vox » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:06 am

It's sad i took Tork for granted, i'm just now seeing how much he was always around and into something on the boards. I only ever talked to him on icq and usually about the Guilds game. I hate i never really knew him.

He was one of the best faith allies you could have and if he was on the other side well ask Venus :laughs: and Venus you couldn't complain too much about it anyway he probably picked those habits up from you and Virch ;)

I went to check my icq history just to re-read some of the stuff we got into and realized my history was wiped when i had my comp fixed.

I'll be alright but damn i'm depressed as hell, seeing virch post even under these circumstances made me smile, you guys all need to pop in once in awhile

(Damn but it's hard to type while your crying)
"Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elghinn dal lil alust"
Vox
Wayfarer

Postby FDragon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:11 am

The day I finally get around to googling Monarchy again and seeing whats up with the old crew I find this.

He was one of the smartest gamers I've ever had the pleasure of gaming with and an amazing friend growing up in TNE with him. I fondly remember some hilarious and intense guild war chats and ICQ conversations talking about all the strategy nuances we had to deal with day in and day out. More importantly he was a super cool guy just to talk to about life and everything crazy about it. Reading up on some of our old ICQ convs doesn't make it much easier.

May he rest in peace and his blue lightning ball spin forever on....
FDragon
Newbling

Postby Sylvas » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:54 am

I've been dreading trying to write this post for the past couple days, no idea what to say really. It's been a long time since I've played, but I still remember the warchats with tork virch fo and the rest of the TNE gang. I was never much of a poster, but I always enjoyed reading other people's ramblings and torks were the best. I'll miss his posts and chatting with him on ICQ.
Sylvas
Newbling

Postby Nagash » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:57 am

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Don't know what to say, but saying nothing seems inappropriate. After the death of DarkWolf, another player and community member I consider(ed) a very good friend, passes away. :(

Years ago I joined TNE, just for the fuck of it. Within this rather merry bunch of people, I grew closest to Elathan, Virch (good to see you guys, just wish the cause wasn't so fucking sad) and Torkano. We've played in many a guild together, and with each others guilds alongside and against each other. It didn't really matter whether we were kicking heathens together or kicking each other. We always made a point of fucking around on the boards and with silly scribes. And both in OAFS and TNE we had the good habit of mucking up the banner... in a good way. :)
A few years ago he and I joined the evernight staff, he as Dax and I as Aeneas. It was nice to work with him, as between the two of us we either spammed or at least read every topic on TB. Tried to bring a bit more life into events, we came up with the strangest ideas.... most of which would be against the TB rules, but still. ;)

About a month (maybe two) ago I sent him a message with a link to this site and telling him that he should join up and honour us with his cheery, spammy presence. He never replied, and now I know why... :cry:

Torkieboo, rest in peace. You will be missed. Thanks for all the good times, the laughs, the spam. The joint heathenswaffling and your mucking up of my realm. For your undying effort to make the game and the community more enjoyable for all in it...
So long, friend......
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Nagash
Master

Postby Stark » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:43 am

Sad day indeed. May you rest in peace Tork.
Stark
Lost Soul

Postby Geothe » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Wow, utterly shocking news, couldn't believe it when V told me.

I have two friends with cystic fibrosis, one of which had to have a full lung transplant about 2 years ago. Luckily her's took, such a shame that Tork's didn't.

RIP Tork,
We didn't always see eye to eye in game, but you were still a great guy.
Fervent, ALWAYS
Yes, we are that damn good!
Our Game, Our Rules
Venus, the Embodiment of Human Perfection!
Geothe
Newbling

Postby owly » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:43 pm

i must of read this thread a dozen times, reading each post over and over again. It doesn't make losing tork any easer, i miss him dearly i wish someone would come in here and say it was a bad joke i wouldn't be mad at all. i don't take losing peaple like this very well. i dropped many of tears already and i will lose some more tears as time goes on. Torky was one of the good ones i will openly debate anyone that says different. i will carry tork in my heart in every action i take in this game........
i know what you said about my Momma
owly
Sage

Postby MoP » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:51 am

*hugs the owly*

I've been re-reading it too, and it still makes me speechless. I still don't get it, I think.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
MoP
Savant

Postby BetaFlame » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 pm

I really didnt know Tork at all, but he always amused me.

RIP.
BetaFlame
Lost Soul

Postby Kain » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:19 am

The thing that really gets me is all the petty arguments on the board over the years (yes I am as guilty as the next) make me wonder why I contributed at all in the idiocy of it all. If there is one thing I can take from this is that friend or foe nothing is worth acting as I had previously. Honestly it makes me feel pathetic in a way. I guess in this I can thank Tork for a lesson I'll naught forget.

I am utterly ashamed that it took his passing to realize this but am extremely grateful for it all the same.
Education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
TDoD~SAO~TEW~SW~DIE, here is to the memory of bygone days.
Kain
Wayfarer

Postby Dauthi » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:00 am

V you get ahold of grunt from that number I gave you?

RIP tork, sadly I didn't get to know you that well myself, but I heard nothing but good.
Dauthi
Traveler

Postby Venus » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:11 pm

ive called it four times or so, it just rings
u sure thats the right number?

and

The thing that really gets me is all the petty arguments on the board over the years (yes I am as guilty as the next) make me wonder why I contributed at all in the idiocy of it all. If there is one thing I can take from this is that friend or foe nothing is worth acting as I had previously. Honestly it makes me feel pathetic in a way. I guess in this I can thank Tork for a lesson I'll naught forget.

I am utterly ashamed that it took his passing to realize this but am extremely grateful for it all the same.

tork understood the petty arguments were part of the game. i think he liked arguing sometimes:P
i know we all sometimes took it a bit to far, but a little arguing in this game is inevitable. so dont be to hard on yourself.
Wow do i need a new signature or what. suggestions??
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>
Venus
Teacher

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:57 pm

So, I have been putting this off because I had been in a chat room with Torkano ever since TNE. Him and Asoc were the reasons for me to play. Torkano even followed me over into one of my guilds even though I didn't deserve him as a player.

He listened to my political in game rants and suggestions. He listened to my real life problems and always had a suggestion that involved anal sex or something close to it. He made me laugh. He was a reason to play and a reason to smile. I didn't know him like some of the people here. I really wish I had. But what I knew of him I really didn't want to leave.

He is gone now and I will miss him and what he brought to the community and to my life. My real life.

2010 is a year of transition and change, and the loss of Torkano at the tail end of 2009 is only another change we all will have to deal with.

He was a father, a husband, a warrior, a guild master, and most importantly, he was my friend.

He will be sorely missed by those who loved him.

Take care Tork. We miss you.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

PreviousNext

Return to In Memoriam