Switch to full style
In memory fallen warriors: Bo Ri Kat, Sartorious, Lady Urydie, Loupy, DarkWolf, Torkano/Voice Dax, Rathowen/Donovan, Lady Fury, Tekmet, Misty Moonlight
Post a reply

In Honor of Misty Moonlight, RIP

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Hello, friends from the past! Some of you may remember me as Aemuli the snowman (Brian to some of you), and others will remember Misty Moonlight (Peggy to some) - from the original Monarchy/"Comments", Canon, Temper's Ball/Evernight, etc. We may not have spoken in years, but in thinking of old times I was reminded of you all and the place where it all began.

It was probably about 12 years ago that I first happened upon Monarchy, and met some amazing people who truly and deeply changed the way I view human beings, society, and the world at large. It was this that allowed me to meet a woman named Peggy, "Misty Moonlight", and came to fall in love, move across the country, and have children; our son Collin is one of the "baby's of Evernight!" With her in Arizona and I in Florida at the time, it is simply impossible that we ever could have met otherwise. It is with deep gratitude I must thank all of you responsible for making such an event possible - I would not have traded these years for anything.

Misty had the icon of a blue woman which included the animation of a nipple that Decae once approved officially as art and therefore acceptable :) I was the snowman of course, who's snowballs were always in peril. I'm glad to be able to look back at some of the old threads to remember such happy times.

On August 31st, 2013 my wife Misty Moonlight passed away - she was only 44. In the game she was a great warrior, and this was true of her in life as well; she fought her whole life with disability and illness, putting more into getting out of bed each day than most put into their whole lives. It was a privilege to fight by her side. Her life was not long by number standards, but it was full, without regrets for things left untried or undone. An artist, mother, lover, and teacher in all that she did, she will be forever deeply missed.

I thank you all that were friends to her over the years, and I wish you solace as well. If I may ask anything at all, it is that you live and love as fully as you can, and accept no excuses to do anything but; of the many lessons that could be learned from Peggy, and I think this is most important of all.

I will continue to live with our two daughters (17 and 15), son Collin, and Peggy's 2nd-eldest son (20) in Wisconsin, and we're doing alright.

And so another full circle is had - we met here, and here I say goodbye to the avatar that brought us together. You were always loved, Misty Moonlight - rest, at least, in peace.

Re: In Honor of Misty Moonlight, RIP

Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:34 pm

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that when we come to the boards and see a new thread in the memoriam we freeze. I've been reading the boards for more than a decade now and know that the people of this game are quite wonderful. Every person we lose has a connection to someone else in the community. Thanks for sharing the news, although it is unpleasant at least we know and she will always be remembered here. May she rest in peace and godspeed to you and your family.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:09 am

I salute you and the memory of your brave warrior wife. Our prayers go out to you and your family.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:32 am

I can remember you both, though its a bit foggy for time. I'm sorry for your loss, though it sounds like as much was gained as could ever be lost. Thank you for thinking to come back and share your news and wonderful words with us.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:04 am

Aemuli, I am very sorry for your loss. While I don't think I interacted with her very much directly (over ICQ etc), I remember her name from Maxim.

Unfortunately the search functionality on the Tempers Ball archive needs to be rebuilt, but I thought you might appreciate a link to her posts on the Maxim Archive, as a way of reminiscing (Misty Moonlight in the Maxim Archive).

I'll post a link to this thread on the Facebook page and group, and will also add an in-game memorial day for the 31st of August. Every year, the war, scum and sorc features will be turned off on that date in her honour.

It would also be nice if you'd consider posting a thread in this forum with a description of what you understood her roleplay character to be like (with regards to looks, outfit, etc). It's a long term project, but eventually I wish to have a miniature commissioned to represent each of our fallen friends.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:35 am

I remember her will be missed. =(

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Aemuli, I remember both of you. It has literally been years since I posted on these boards, and probably a decade since I did so with any regularity. I'm sorry for your loss. May Angelique watch over Misty, your children and you.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:46 pm

:(
Ito remember you both, so sorry to hear this, my condolences.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember both of you well.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Sad to hear of your loss.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:09 pm

Miiiissssssssty!
We love you!

Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:10 pm

May she rest in peace. So sorry for your loss.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:48 am

Oh Aemi, I have thought of you two often over the years. I am so sorry.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:56 pm

I know this thread is quite old but I've only recently discovered that Monarchy/Evernight is still around and was very saddened to see the news about Misty. I remember her from when I was active here in 1999/2000. She was always nice to me. My sincere condolences, Aemuli.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Sirrvs, you don't need to feel bad about posting in the old threads in this forum, that's what the Memoriam forum is for. Good to see another long lost face.
Post a reply